Antonio Conte (72 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I don't think Conte is an attacking coach, having Neymar and Mbappe I wouldn't bet on him to take them to the next level

He would probably improve them defensively and just play a counter attack with those players

Probably could win it with them because they have one of the strongest attacks in the world and would have a strong defence under him as well
But those players are the best counterattacking players in the world, there's hardly anyone better, a good coach could make them solid at the back and killers infront

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
But those players are the best counterattacking players in the world, there's hardly anyone better, a good coach could make them solid at the back and killers infront
Yes no doubt about it

It wouldn't take a genius or some amazing coach to get PSG to the semi final and beat some of the bigger teams

Unai just seriously fucked up in my opinion

Real didn't really play that good, PSG were the better team in Madrid but still lost 3-1 because they did not play to their strength's

I don't know wtf kind of tactics he used in Paris because PSG were far too slow with their attacks and didn't actually put any pressure on Madrid despite being 3-1 down on aggregate and needing to score at least 2 goals

So serious miss management from Unai

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Yes no doubt about it

It wouldn't take a genius or some amazing coach to get PSG to the semi final and beat some of the bigger teams

Unai just seriously fucked up in my opinion

Real didn't really play that good, PSG were the better team in Madrid but still lost 3-1 because they did not play to their strength's

I don't know wtf kind of tactics he used in Paris because PSG were far too slow with their attacks and didn't actually put any pressure on Madrid despite being 3-1 down on aggregate and needing to score at least 2 goals

So serious miss management from Unai
There is bad luck in drawing a 2 time back to back champions Madrid.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
There is bad luck in drawing a 2 time back to back champions Madrid.
Well playing like crap in the second leg definitely didn't help their chances

I don't think Real were all that good over both legs that the score would warrant a 5-2 in favour of them

PSG were playing like the match was 0-0 when in reality they were losing 3-1 on aggregate

Never seen a big team not give a damn as much as they have in the CL

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
They are talented but do they come with the discipline required? I think Conte to PSG has the potential to be a nightmare situation when he starts benching Neymar and Mbappe for Di Maria and Lo Celso because they run more.

I don't think Conte is a good fit for a team with big ego superstar players who won't sacrifice everything for him.
Well playing like crap in the second leg definitely didn't help their chances

I don't think Real were all that good over both legs that the score would warrant a 5-2 in favour of them

PSG were playing like the match was 0-0 when in reality they were losing 3-1 on aggregate

Never seen a big team not give a damn as much as they have in the CL
I think part of it is that you can't just buy success through signing a lot of talented individuals. That shit might work for battering low level teams 6-0 but once you come against an actually good side that can give you a run for your money you need a more cohesive team. Most of the actual best teams in Europe Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Juve have a core group of player that have been playing together under similar systems for a while they aren't just talented individuals cobbled together by a billionaire.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
They are talented but do they come with the discipline required? I think Conte to PSG has the potential to be a nightmare situation when he starts benching Neymar and Mbappe for Di Maria and Lo Celso because they run more.

I don't think Conte is a good fit for a team with big ego superstar players who won't sacrifice everything for him.

I think part of it is that you can't just buy success through signing a lot of talented individuals. That shit might work for battering low level teams 6-0 but once you come against an actually good side that can give you a run for your money you need a more cohesive team. Most of the actual best teams in Europe Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Juve have a core group of player that have been playing together under similar systems for a while they aren't just talented individuals cobbled together by a billionaire.
Them not getting tested often is definitely a factor too. It took us years of big matches in Europe to be able to manage big games the way we do now and you can always tell we miss that confidence in finals. Now they are in a much weaker league and they are used to steamrolling every team with ease. Then suddenly you are up against Madrid and the midfield & tactical battle is on a whole different level than what you have been doing all year.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

I think both Neymar and Mbappe are more disciplined than di Maria, who imo would the first one to go if Conte arrived, don't know much about Lo Celso, haven't seen him a lot.

To me the potential strengths of Paris seem obvious, they should be the high end version of Mazzarri's Napoli, yet they think they should be Brazil

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
How much "experience" do they need lol
I hate to be the devils advocate, but he's right, Chelsea and Antonio himself don't have much experience when it comes to CL knockouts and knowing how to gain advantages in little situations is crucial in these ties. I don't think anyone expects much from Chelsea anyway, it'll be a huge upset if they pull this off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)