Antonio Conte (130 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The point that Mark is making, and it is the same one that I made a couple of weeks ago, is that if you put him in a position where all he needs to worry about is coaching his players, he's phoenomenal. One of the best out there.

Get the rest of the bullshit club politics out of the way, and give him a blank canvas to work with on the Azzurri.

he brings a WC or Euro championship to Italy, and his status will be legendary from here on out.
but that's true for all the coaches, put them in shitty environments with lots of obstacles and they'll do worse than they potentially can. if Simeone had great resources at Atletico, he'd probably be winning a lot more. if Conte at Chelsea had ManCity's or ManUtd's resources, he'd possibly be winning the league again and challenging for CL, but that's life, some have it better and some worse.

I think it's hard for any relevant coach to sacrifice two years to work with a national team for that one month long tournament that's so far away, I can totally understand Conte not wanting to do that, for 2 years you'll mostly get criticized for not picking that or that player, not relying on youth enough or not playing pretty enough. and it's not like you can win an important game to shut them up - there're no important games until that tournament.

if he and Chelsea parts ways after this season, I think he'll look around for a good project that can compete in CL in long term and I hope he finds one. PSG, Bayern, possibly United, Arsenal, Juve etc. will have positions open, so some shuffling of coaches will happen this summer.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
This guy will never learn when to shut up. Another embarassing interview. Clearly he'a gone into Sven Goran Eriksson mode, actively looking for the sack to pocket the compensation.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
If he wins against City or Barca he effectively proves management right and himself wrong. Its almost by design that the team has a good performance then throws it away with a gift in the end. Once he is in the "give me more transfer money mode" he holds himself and the team back. If he makes top 4 and doesnt get the sack by some miracle, he should have the decency to quit just like he did with us.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Their players are so average it's worrying how they can sell Costa and Matic and reinvest the money on mediocre players

Conte throwing his toys out the pram is not helping the situation and he should be much more professional than the way he has acted this season

No doubt he will not be Chelsea manager come August

Only question for him now is what's next for him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 121)