Antonio Conte (55 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Who better than a seasoned italian coach to set up a team to grind a game away from home.

But he has a dreaded record in cl ko ties... and we need to see the pyschological aspect of the team and himself.

Its doable but they will have it tough. My bet is on barca obviosly, they almost always wins this kind of games in camp nou... in one way or another

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I half watched the match and it seemed like he set Chelsea up perfectly as Barca created nothing and Chelsea had quite a few chances
I agree and i don't have a problem with how he set up that game, or with other managers wo do the same, BUT:

A back 5.

26.9% possession.

At home.

I know people who'd call that underwhelming @Post Ironic

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I agree and i don't have a problem with how he set up that game, or with other managers wo do the same, BUT:

A back 5.

26.9% possession.

At home.

I call a goal from a corner underwhelming because I didn't see it coming and now that somehow means a whole performance is underwhelming?

I'm just going to slot you on ignore bye

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

A back 5.

26.9% possession.

At home.

I love it. Barca, The team he said was absolute crap last year when we smashed them is now somehow much better this year (because ya know going from Neymar to Dembele is an improvement). And Conte while allowing Barcelona to absolutely "dominate" at Stamford Bridge with over 70% possession, set his team up perfectly in a 1-1 draw, while Allegri set his team up like garbage in a 2-2 draw, because we allowed the other team to have 70% possession even though we created the majority of the good chances.

Very similar matches, very similar results. One coach perfect, the other a pathetic coward.
:baus:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You just know that Barca will get a dodgy call in the Camp Nou and go through
:agree:

I think Conte did a fantastic job nullifying Barcelona's attack through tactical organization. Only to be let down by a massive blunder. I know there is a lot of animosity towards Conte on this forum, I've felt some myself at times, but he will always be a Juve legend and I hope the guy pulls off a stunning upset at the Camp Nou.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I love it. Barca, The team he said was absolute crap last year when we smashed them is now somehow much better this year (because ya know going from Neymar to Dembele is an improvement). And Conte while allowing Barcelona to absolutely "dominate" at Stamford Bridge with over 70% possession, set his team up perfectly in a 1-1 draw, while Allegri set his team up like garbage in a 2-2 draw, because we allowed the other team to have 70% possession even though we created the majority of the good chances.

Very similar matches, very similar results. One coach perfect, the other a pathetic coward.
:baus:
I didn't see Barcelona with a single chance other than the one Chelsea gifted to them

They seemed to completely lock Barca out

They can play a game like that because they actually counter attack we have a pretty bad counter attack and don't use it that much

Yes Barca are much better this year if you watched them you would see it but I guess you don't watch them so make assumptions like usual

I always said if we are going to play a deep defensive line with many players in our own half we need a good counter attack but we just don't have it so I can't see why Allegri chooses to play the way he does without a counter attack

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I consider him club legend if only for that speech he made at training back in 2012, that they (Milan) will gonna have to bleed to win the Scudetto, we won't give up and so on. That was legendary stuff.

Also for that chapter in Pirlo's book where he brings newspapers criticizing Juve to fire the squad up.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
It has been a rough week for him. A great game against barca only for Christensen to gift them a goal followed by a good game against United where the ref cancels a legit morata goal. These could have been super positive experiences for the team

- - - Updated - - -

It has been a rough week for him. A great game against barca only for Christensen to gift them a goal followed by a good game against United where the ref cancels a legit morata goal. These could have been super positive experiences for the team

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
2nd leg in Nou Camp will define his season.

Thought they played well against Barca but mistake cost win. But this Barca does not look scary. Messi of course can still save their asses.

But who knows. Chelsea just might get a 2-2 in Barcelona.

Will be very interesting to see if he saves his job or what next in summer? Psg? Inter? Milan? Italy?

Think they need a major signing in the summer. Maybe they could get Vidal? Bakayoko is a flop.

Verdict still out with Morata as a proven 20+ CF.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
2nd leg in Nou Camp will define his season.

Thought they played well against Barca but mistake cost win. But this Barca does not look scary. Messi of course can still save their asses.

But who knows. Chelsea just might get a 2-2 in Barcelona.

Will be very interesting to see if he saves his job or what next in summer? Psg? Inter? Milan? Italy?

Think they need a major signing in the summer. Maybe they could get Vidal? Bakayoko is a flop.

Verdict still out with Morata as a proven 20+ CF.
Yeah morata has a lot to prove I was expecting much more from him tbh. Vidal is too old I dont think they will buy him. Eitherway Conte is a goner. Its not that management lost their love for him but it looks like he lost his love for them as well and might still opt to go regardless of finishing top 4.

This barca is very scary imo. They are not scary in the sense that they are impossible to defend against the way they were with Neymar but they are still pretty strong going forward (who is scarier really? the experience alone is insane) and are very solid in the middle and defensively. I will not be surprised if they hit Chelsea with a 3-0 like they did to us. I'd bet on it actually.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Yeah morata has a lot to prove I was expecting much more from him tbh. Vidal is too old I dont think they will buy him. Eitherway Conte is a goner. Its not that management lost their love for him but it looks like he lost his love for them as well and might still opt to go regardless of finishing top 4.

This barca is very scary imo. They are not scary in the sense that they are impossible to defend against the way they were with Neymar but they are still pretty strong going forward (who is scarier really? the experience alone is insane) and are very solid in the middle and defensively. I will not be surprised if they hit Chelsea with a 3-0 like they did to us. I'd bet on it actually.
yeah, they're surprisingly well balanced for Barcelona, this is not the same side that conceded loads last season in CL knockouts

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
brilliant coaching? :p
The point that Mark is making, and it is the same one that I made a couple of weeks ago, is that if you put him in a position where all he needs to worry about is coaching his players, he's phoenomenal. One of the best out there.

Get the rest of the bullshit club politics out of the way, and give him a blank canvas to work with on the Azzurri.

he brings a WC or Euro championship to Italy, and his status will be legendary from here on out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)