Antonio Conte (318 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Conte is going to run out of teams to manage if he continues with that mentality. The only teams he could get any target he wants are Psg and Real. I think he might potentially get to manage those mentioned sides one day however both of those sides have big ambitions in CL (im convinced Emery will get sacked if he doesnt win the CL soon). And Conte isnt exactly proven in CL. Teams with lesser finances like Dortmund and Atletico have reached finals.

Hazard is better than anyone Manutd got. I would take Morata over Lukaku any day.

This season has showed that Conte cant always get the best out of his players. Ive heard this Bakayoko who won french league played CL semis has been a big disappointment. But then they have Kante.

The only thing in defence you can say is that Man City has the resources and bench for depth and really big squad.

I dont find Man utd particularly amazing at all. If anything Chelsea has more proven winners in the squad (Kante; Hazard etc). Most of UTD players havent won shit apart from Pogba and Matic. Someone just recently pointed out the nobody back 4 Man Utd starts these days. De gea has been the big difference maker in terms where Utd would actually be without him.

While the core of Chelsea (keeper, midfield, Hazard) have won 2 league titles in last 4 years. Utd hasnt won sh-t. Please. Europe League is nothing for a club of the size of Man utd. Its a competition for lesser european sides with lesser resources like Sevilla, Leverkusen, potentially the likes of Lazio if Italy sides didnt suck so much in europe.

Conte and Chelsea handles the Costa case badly and Morata is not proven 20+ striker.
I dont think Chelsea's squad is better than UTD at all. Lukaku is a proven goals scorer in the EPL for multiple seasons, morata is not. I'd take morata for CL games but in the EPL Lukaku has been banging the goals for years now. Miki was the best midfielder in the bundesliga. Pogba is one hell of a world class player if used right. Mata used to be Chelsea's best player. If anyone is not getting the most out his players its Mou. Almost every single player he bought used to be better before they joined him including non world class players like Darmian and Shaw. Lets see what Sanchez does in this squad. Chelsea seriously lack in depth as well.

You also didnt count lots of players who won in the past for United. Ibra obviously but also Valencia, Young, Smalling and Jones under Fergie. Mata won the CL with Chelsea and a Europa League there too + some cups.

Apart from Bakayoko, who would you say is worse under Conte then they used to be pre-conte. Cahil, Luiz, Christensen, Moses, Alonso and Azpi are all a LOT better than they were pre-Conte. Hazard has improved too and so did Pedro.

City > UTD > Chelsea is to me the clear ranking in squad quality. Chelsea caused a surprise last year while UTD seriously under performed. This year both UTD and chelsea are under performing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...erachieving-with-chelsea-claims-antonio-conte

Overachieving?
[Enter Nicolas Cage gif here]

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think Chelsea's squad is better than UTD at all. Lukaku is a proven goals scorer in the EPL for multiple seasons, morata is not. I'd take morata for CL games but in the EPL Lukaku has been banging the goals for years now. Miki was the best midfielder in the bundesliga. Pogba is one hell of a world class player if used right. Mata used to be Chelsea's best player. If anyone is not getting the most out his players its Mou. Almost every single player he bought used to be better before they joined him including non world class players like Darmian and Shaw. Lets see what Sanchez does in this squad. Chelsea seriously lack in depth as well.

You also didnt count lots of players who won in the past for United. Ibra obviously but also Valencia, Young, Smalling and Jones under Fergie. Mata won the CL with Chelsea and a Europa League there too + some cups.

Apart from Bakayoko, who would you say is worse under Conte then they used to be pre-conte. Cahil, Luiz, Christensen, Moses, Alonso and Azpi are all a LOT better than they were pre-Conte. Hazard has improved too and so did Pedro.

City > UTD > Chelsea is to me the clear ranking in squad quality. Chelsea caused a surprise last year while UTD seriously under performed. This year both UTD and chelsea are under performing.
Please. Dont let the hype influence your judgement. Utd squad is not better. De gea is the main difference maker on terms were united would be without him.

How many players you would take from Utd or Chelsea to Juve?
Maybe Pogba
Matic
De gea if Buffon retires.

How many from Chelsea?
Courtuis is on same level with De gea
Kante for sure right?
Hazard no brainer
Azpiliguetta for RB
Morata for nostalgia

Ok i forgot Alexis but i was looking at season from the start.

Oh Azpi was class already on Mou return season to Chelsea. Stop making these big lists of players who Conte supposedly improved. I was talking SPECIFICALLY this season. See Bakayoko. Maybe even Morata as he has been hot and cold.

If we talk in general plenty of the names you mentioned already did great before. Luiz has had love and hate relationship. He isnt starting for Conte this season is he? Christensen was highly rated young defender in Germany.

Cahill and Luiz partnership won CL in 2012. Cahill was rock solid on Mou return win epl season. You make it sound like Conte took over a side with nobodies.

Anyway my point was Conte lost that touch to lift players this season. You can add this defeatist mentality aspect into this cause he didnt get his big expensive toys in the summer (wanted Naingollan got Bakayoko, wanted Sandro etc). This season has a lost in summer feel to it. Like he knew. They already talked in media in august of finish top 4 rather than defend league. What message that sends to players? Conte publically basically harms his own players. As in i need upgrade this and that. You just won epl. Now suddenly these players not good enough.

Conte has made some mistakes these past 6 months.

Lukaku is overhyped crap. Lukaku would never start for proven CL ambition team like Barca, Real, Bayern.
Do you watch epl? Lukaku goes missing in big games. Just lost to Tottenham 2:0. Then scores against the Westbroms of this world and hype train starts.

At least with Morata i know he delivered here in big games. Lukaku would shit his pants and hoof it over the bar vs the Reals and Napolis of this world.

I questioned this in the summer already. Lukaku is not a signing for a big CL ambition side.

No point talking about Zlatan. He is finished. He suffered major injury. They already talk about him going to MLS.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
He will be sacked in a few weeks after Barca embarrass them

Chelsea's signings are the signings a top 4,5,6 team makes if I'm honest this season

They went for quantity over quality and it looks like Conte didn't really want them

Easy money if you bet on Barcelona to beat Chelsea

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...erachieving-with-chelsea-claims-antonio-conte

Overachieving?
[Enter Nicolas Cage gif here]

- - - Updated - - -

Please. Dont let the hype influence your judgement. Utd squad is not better. De gea is the main difference maker on terms were united would be without him.

How many players you would take from Utd or Chelsea to Juve?
Maybe Pogba
Matic
De gea if Buffon retires.

How many from Chelsea?
Courtuis is on same level with De gea
Kante for sure right?
Hazard no brainer
Azpiliguetta for RB
Morata for nostalgia

Ok i forgot Alexis but i was looking at season from the start.

Oh Azpi was class already on Mou return season to Chelsea. Stop making these big lists of players who Conte supposedly improved. I was talking SPECIFICALLY this season. See Bakayoko. Maybe even Morata as he has been hot and cold.

If we talk in general plenty of the names you mentioned already did great before. Luiz has had love and hate relationship. He isnt starting for Conte this season is he? Christensen was highly rated young defender in Germany.

Cahill and Luiz partnership won CL in 2012. Cahill was rock solid on Mou return win epl season. You make it sound like Conte took over a side with nobodies.

Anyway my point was Conte lost that touch to lift players this season. You can add this defeatist mentality aspect into this cause he didnt get his big expensive toys in the summer (wanted Naingollan got Bakayoko, wanted Sandro etc). This season has a lost in summer feel to it. Like he knew. They already talked in media in august of finish top 4 rather than defend league. What message that sends to players? Conte publically basically harms his own players. As in i need upgrade this and that. You just won epl. Now suddenly these players not good enough.

Conte has made some mistakes these past 6 months.

Lukaku is overhyped crap. Lukaku would never start for proven CL ambition team like Barca, Real, Bayern.
Do you watch epl? Lukaku goes missing in big games. Just lost to Tottenham 2:0. Then scores against the Westbroms of this world and hype train starts.

At least with Morata i know he delivered here in big games. Lukaku would shit his pants and hoof it over the bar vs the Reals and Napolis of this world.

I questioned this in the summer already. Lukaku is not a signing for a big CL ambition side.

No point talking about Zlatan. He is finished. He suffered major injury. They already talk about him going to MLS.
If you are talking about specifically this current season then naturally all of Chelsea's players are champions dude.

Your how many players would start for Juve test is a bad one because it just so happens that we are weakest in RB at the moment and Azpi (who is now a central defender btw) would bench old Licht. Arguably so would Valencia btw and probably Moses while we are at it. we are even linked with Darmian ffs.

Like him or not Lukaku is a proven regular goal scorer in the league for years, while Morata is not. Lukaky wouldnt start for Barca, Bayern or Madrid but neither would Morata or any player thats not top top level.

You also forget the difference in depth between the two squads which is very important in the EPL.

The only thing we agree on is that his fight over transfers with management is spilling over into the squad and undermining their self belief. This is the self-sabotage side of whats happening. This was lost in the summer. If Conte kept his chin up and didnt publicly sulk he could have had a few more points but City is just on a much higher level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 312)