Antonio Conte (73 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
No way Chelsea is winning the CL before us. No way in hell. Its bad enough they won it once
Wouldn't shock me, same with City, United and PSG. Although i'd put Chelsea lower on that list. I'm convinced two of those 3 will do it though. They have a few weaknesses they can blow their load on last seasons best performers from lesser clubs. We have a just a tiny weakness that can be addressed with a player or two, we... well you know.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Wouldn't shock me, same with City, United and PSG. Although i'd put Chelsea lower on that list. I'm convinced two of those 3 will do it though. They have a few weaknesses they can blow their load on last seasons best performers from lesser clubs. We have a just a tiny weakness that can be addressed with a player or two, we... well you know.
United are rebuilding from scratch and have no experienced players. A CL winning experienced coach is their only advantage.

Chelsea is the same and is rebuilding from scratch but they dont have an experienced coach but they do have some players who tasted CL victory like Pedro and Morata though neither were key players for their CL winning sides.

City is not rebuilding from scratch but also have no experience winning the CL at all.

It takes years to build the right confidence and attitude to play in the CL with some swagger in the final stages. I think we and PSG are the most prepped for that. They have a better squad but we are mentally tougher and more experienced against big sides.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
United are rebuilding from scratch and have no experienced players. A CL winning experienced coach is their only advantage.

Chelsea is the same and is rebuilding from scratch but they dont have an experienced coach but they do have some players who tasted CL victory like Pedro and Morata though neither were key players for their CL winning sides.

City is not rebuilding from scratch but also have no experience winning the CL at all.

It takes years to build the right confidence and attitude to play in the CL with some swagger in the final stages. I think we and PSG are the most prepped for that. They have a better squad but we are mentally tougher and more experienced against big sides.
These clubs have the resources to keep improving their teams without losing players they don't want to go. Our open door policy and lack of spending power means we'll struggle to maintain our current (Not CL winner level) squad let alone improve it, whereas they can realistically improve their squads to the point of being competitive in the latter stages.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
These clubs have the resources to keep improving their teams without losing players they don't want to go. Our open door policy and lack of spending power means we'll struggle to maintain our current (Not CL winner level) squad let alone improve it, whereas they can realistically improve their squads to the point of being competitive in the latter stages.
Yes they can transform a mediocre squad into a top squad in a window or two because of their ability to buy and keep top players in their teams. However, TIME to gel and gain experience in Europe and to navigate tough knockout games is a key factor in winning the CL.

Madrid always had an insane starting 11 ever since Pellegrini was in charge. But it took a lot of time for them to gain the right mental fortitude to be able to win it. The same goes for PSG. Has had a top squad for years now but its taking time to develop mentally as a club before they can win it. Signing experienced winners like Alves and Neymar might give them that extra confidence push so they dont crap their pants. Bayern had to go through the same process of mental growth and we are still in it. The main reason we lost these finals is mental more than squad quality on paper.

We certainly have an advantage of having experienced 2 finals, and have always made it past the last 16 for a while now. Thats our advantage. We are used to the big stage we just need to take that to the final. The EPL teams never went through that and it will take them a few years before any of them is a competitor for the CL title. City took ages to just get out of the group stage.

ATM is the only team that I know of that suddenly emerged as a serious contender right after Europa League. Every one else took a few years of build up.

enzo

May 14, 2012

A solid defense and quick counter attacks are they keys to the title this year. Chelsea is suited to that, so why not Chelsea?
If we find the right balance in our defense again we also have a good shot.
City, PSG, Real may all have a superior offense, but I'd would not call them as stable as they seem.

enzo

May 14, 2012
A solid defense and quick counter attacks are they keys to the title this year. Chelsea is suited to that, so why not Chelsea?
If we find the right balance in our defense again we also have a good shot.
City, PSG, Real may all have a superior offense, but I'd would not call them as stable as they seem.
:sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)