Antonio Conte (142 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 31, 2016
It's all silly rumours lads most of them coming from rubbish outlets based on the fact that we did not make any announcement yet on new transfers. Antonio Conte leaving Juventus because of lack of funds helped journous in making up this stories implying it could happen again. But it's all rubbish and Sky Sports and Telegraph have already dismissed this. As a matter of fact, for your own sanity when reading news coming from England, you should know that BBC, Sky Sports, Telegraph, Guardian and The Times are the only reliable outlets. Others such as Daily Mail, The Sun, Express, Daily Record etc. are all toilet paper. Duncan Castles aka Mourinho's mouthpiece talks a lot of rubbish on Chelsea and I'm not even surprised he was one of the first to pick up on this story. Mourinho's afraid of Conte and would do anything to have papers write a lot of bullshite on him.

We can't even announce new transfers before 1st of July because of our new Nike deal. We need first to wait for the Adidas contract to run out, then we can introduce new players in the new Nike kits and all. You know the protocol, merchandising and stuff.

The fact that the club did not announce any deals does not mean we're not on the market. Caballero on a free, Lukaku and Monaco's Bakayoko look to be sealed as per reliable outlets, while we're also pushing hard for your own Alex Sandro and Dani Alves, Leicester's Mahrez and a new centre back.

Oct 31, 2016
abramovic apparently blocked any move on Bonucci.
It's not Roman, it's the club's policy on signing players aged 30 or more (rule does not apply to back-up Goalkeepers). It's been going at Chelsea for years now. Also the contract renewals for this sort of players are "one year only extension". Branislav Ivanovic an influental player at Chelsea and loved by everyone at the club had to leave because of this. There is certain rules and values that the club respects and Conte knew about this when he came to London.

If you ask me Bonucci was more of a fabricated rumour than an actual Chelsea target. Yes I'm sure Conte would love to work with him again, but it's impossible to prise him away from Italy no matter the transfer amount and wages we offer. He's Juventus through and through. Antonio Conte's target for the CB spot is actually Southampton's Van Dijk. For those who have not watched Soton that much, or at all, he's very much in the mould of Bonucci - tall, strong in the air, composed and superb with the ball at his feet.

Jun 6, 2015
It's not Roman, it's the club's policy on signing players aged 30 or more (rule does not apply to back-up Goalkeepers). It's been going at Chelsea for years now. Also the contract renewals for this sort of players are "one year only extension". Branislav Ivanovic an influental player at Chelsea and loved by everyone at the club had to leave because of this. There is certain rules and values that the club respects and Conte knew about this when he came to London.

If you ask me Bonucci was more of a fabricated rumour than an actual Chelsea target. Yes I'm sure Conte would love to work with him again, but it's impossible to prise him away from Italy no matter the transfer amount and wages we offer. He's Juventus through and through. Antonio Conte's target for the CB spot is actually Southampton's Van Dijk. For those who have not watched Soton that much, or at all, he's very much in the mould of Bonucci - tall, strong in the air, composed and superb with the ball at his feet.
I think Van Dijk is much more physical (faster and stronger) compared to Bonucci but he doesn't have the composure or the passing ability of Bonucci. I think Koulibaly of Napoli is the better comparison to make who also seems to be a target for Chelsea.

- - - Updated - - -

From the Juve defenders the best comparison would be Benatia.

Oct 31, 2016
Good luck pushing for Alex Sandro :baus:
Going to be a hard one this, but rumour in England (coming from the solid sources, not the rag papers such as DM and The Sun) is that your club is ready to let him go if he asks to.

Now, if he looks for a top notch contract, then I don't know, chances are 50-50 and I get my hopes up because at Juventus he's on £55,000 per week contract. Chelsea could easily get that up to £130-140,000 per week with absolute ease. If we're ready to spend £50m on him then be sure we're going to offer him huge wages. Imagine that our 2nd GK Begovic (who we've just sold to Bournemouth for £10m) was on higher wages than what Alex Sandro is currently on at Juventus.

But if he has his heart set on Juventus then any bids and contract proposals are irrelevant then.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Another EPL jabroni who is getting mixed up with net and gross wages as usual

£55K a week is his NET wage which means he's practically making £110K a week RIGHT NOW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 130)