Antonio Conte (96 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
There is no reason for him to leave Chelsea.

He is going to bring them another domestic title. They are in the finals of the FA Cup. A potential domestic double in his first season. He has an owner who has money to spend, and is willing to spend it. He is the darling of London, and a hero to Chelsea already.

Again, what is the motivation for this man to leave?

To go to Inter? 7th place Inter? Of all places. To go to a shit show that he has no emotional ties to. At least when he came to Juve, it was a shit show that he was emotionally vested in. Why the fuck would anyone, in 2017, go from Chelsea to fucking Inter? :lol:

Go ahead and tell me "money", and then realize that Roman Abramovich is the owner of Chelsea. The amount of money that Inter would have to spend to even catch up to Chelsea's current roster would be astronomical.
Because of Amoyal's summary of his book.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Great, I thought I was alone there.
No, your'e not, I've re-read it again just in case I missed something and I'm now convinced there is nothing in there which suggests he will end up at inter. The only reference to inter was how he praised zanetti as a player but then he constantly praised all of our players.

There are a lot of presumptions and even assumptions in Amoyals writing. It's poorly written but for example he talks about conte's strained relationship with del piero yet Amoral admits there is no mention of it and it's something *he thinks* that existed. Seems like he was pissed with moggi. The van gaal situation was funny. To me Amoyal is always trying to read between the lines and making his own version up, it's hardly something to take literally.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
True as well.

But honestly, that 2012 Scudetto was probably the best season I've ever witnessed and is inexorably tied to Conte. Hard to overwrite that.
So you'd be okay with Conte at Inter where he would inevitably be asked about calciopoli and the 2006 scudetto... You'd be okay with him saying he respects the decision of the FIGC to award Inter our scudetto?

Pre-calciopoli, going to Inter is a strange decision, but is just fine.

But for Conte to do it now. A man who played 14 years at Juve, a former Juventus captain who was with us for our last CL title, 5 scudetti as a player, our first scudetto post-calciopoli on the way to 3 straight, a complete Juventus legend in every sense of the word, to go coach Inter now... It would be absolutely disgusting on his part. Especially considering the way our club backed him up through his own match-fixing scandal. Absolutely no excuse for going there.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah, I would certainly hate that move, but at the same time it doesn't change what he did with Juve before.

- - - Updated - - -

Not much point in discussing such hypotheticals at this point anyways though

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No, your'e not, I've re-read it again just in case I missed something and I'm now convinced there is nothing in there which suggests he will end up at inter. The only reference to inter was how he praised zanetti as a player but then he constantly praised all of our players.

There are a lot of presumptions and even assumptions in Amoyals writing. It's poorly written but for example he talks about conte's strained relationship with del piero yet Amoral admits there is no mention of it and it's something *he thinks* that existed. Seems like he was pissed with moggi. The van gaal situation was funny. To me Amoyal is always trying to read between the lines and making his own version up, it's hardly something to take literally.
i think the articles arent supposed to convince anyone Conte would join inter, but rather to reveal a few things about Conte like

- hes a professional
- he needs motivation to work on something, and money isnt the deciding thing in his decisions
- he wants to have a say in things and control over the team operations
- he values a promise a lot, and he isnt hesitating to leave a job if you give him a word and dont hold it

we obviously dont know whats going on at Chelsea behind the scenes but something can break down there between him and the board at any time (like it did countless times before in his career) and someone like him would quit the job then. add to that the fact that inter wants him (and if you read part 5 of that article X posted, you can see how he was mad at the Bari president for not giving him the job because he was from Lecce, and how he says that these things shouldnt matter as he is a professional), that his family is in Italy, that he would likely be given a chance to work with the directors on the transfer market to get his preferred targets, and one shouldnt be surprised if he joins them. i already said that i cant see it happen this summer, but all it takes is something behind the scenes to break down there at London, and once/if he isnt the Chelsea manager anymore, inter becomes a possible destination

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I wouldn't hold it against him if he went to Inter. He has to work after all and if going to Inter was the best job he could land to be back in Italy then so be it.

He will always be a part of our history and a legend for us and that will never change regardless if he was their manager

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
i think the articles arent supposed to convince anyone Conte would join inter, but rather to reveal a few things about Conte like

- hes a professional
- he needs motivation to work on something, and money isnt the deciding thing in his decisions
- he values a promise a lot, and he isnt hesitating to leave a job if you give him a word and dont hold it

we obviously dont know whats going on at Chelsea behind the scenes but something can break down there between him and the board at any time (like it did countless times before in his career) and someone like him would quit the job then. add to that the fact that inter wants him (and if you read part 5 of that article X posted, you can see how he was mad at the Bari president for not giving him the job because he was from Lecce, and how he says that these things shouldnt matter as he is a professional), that his family is in Italy, that he would likely be given a chance to work with the directors on the transfer market to get his preferred targets, and one shouldnt be surprised if he joins them. i already said that i cant see it happen this summer, but all it takes is something behind the scenes to break down there at London, and once/if he isnt the Chelsea manager anymore, inter becomes a possible destination
Of course it doesn't and I didn't think the articles would. It does suggest that there is a good chance his relationship might break at Chelsea at somepoint or he rescinds it himself but that doesn't mean he will end up at inter. There's every and equal chance he could end up at Roma or maybe even Milan ( squad upgrade). It's just a silly speculation.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Of course it doesn't and I didn't think the articles would. It does suggest that there is a good chance his relationship might break at Chelsea at somepoint or he rescinds it himself but that doesn't mean he will end up at inter. There's every and equal chance he could end up at Roma or maybe even Milan ( squad upgrade). It's just a silly speculation.
yeah true obviously. he can end up anywhere in Europe btw, PSG would take him for sure, Real is changing coaches every few seasons, Bayern once the Ancelotti circle is over and they cant find a fitting German coach as well as other italian top clubs or Atletico, i just want to say that people shouldnt be surprised or shocked if he ends up at inter because hes a Juve legend, for the reasons mentioned above

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

- hes a professional

Great summary :tup:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I want him to join Milan to be honest as it would be almost impossible for me to ever like him again, but if keeps following such trend in joining clubs who collapsed in previous seasons with no pressure whatsoever, it shows what a huge pussy and how limited he really is and not really ready for the big stage against the big boys.
:lol: so taking the job at Juve with no prior top level experience where there are are high demands and coaches were fired regularly. Coaching Italy knowing it has the worst ever squad is a pussy move. Going to Chelsea knowing how trigger happy abrahomivic after the Chelsea Legend Mourinhos team collapsed and had him sacked is a pussy move.

Brave coaches stay away from broken clubs with high expectations and high turn over rates of coaches. Brave coaches take already winning teams. Pep was the bravest coach for going to bayern until he did the pussy move of taking the City job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 91)

• Alin
  • JCK