Antonio Conte (57 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 23, 2013
That season under Conte we were creating alot of chances and didnt finish them. That was and is the main issue

CL was mostly disgusting luck and the team needing to grow.
He had a specific gameplan for EL, trying to work our way trough the defence. Went okay but we didnt score what we should have
The return was questionablt, thats it.

Us losing to Bayern was alot down to the quality difference. Allegri is a better coach tactically. But Conte has never failed while at juventus. So i'm not having any of that.
We were very unlucky in the CL when it came to our finishing (we always are) i'll give you that. However you really dont think Conte could have done a better job fitting Marchisio into the team? Against Benfica we should be playing our strongest XI, playing Vucinic who barely featured was a terrible decision. Not only that but in the return leg benching Marchisio who was one of our most on form players at the time for a half fit Vidal and Pirlo?

I dont disagree with Bayern being far superior to us at the time, my point is that game showed how easily Pirlo could be neutralized when put under immense pressure.

Not being able to qualify for a fucking Europa League in your own home when you are Juventus is a failure no matter how you look at it. Take off the Conte blinders we are not Arsenal.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Conte picks Chelsea staff

By Football italia

Antonio Conte confirmed his Chelsea staff includes ex-Juventus man Angelo Alessio, Carlo Cudicini, Gianluca Spinelli and Italy’s Costantino Coratti.

The Coach is already in the full swing of pre-season preparations and formally announced his extensive backroom staff.

This includes three assistant managers: Angelo Alessio (who already worked with him at Siena, Juventus and Italy), Gianluca Conte (the tactician’s brother) and Steve Holland.

The fitness coaches are Paolo Bertelli and Julio Tous (who both join from the Italy staff) and Chris Jones.

Costantino Coratti, who was also part of Conte’s staff during his two years as Italy manager, is the new assistant fitness coach.

Gianluca Spinelli joins as a goalkeeper coach. Prior to moving to Chelsea, he divided his time between coaching the goalkeepers in the Italy squad and at Genoa. He will be assisted by Henrique Hilario.

Tiberio Ancora will act as a consultant personal trainer/nutritionist.

Former Chelsea ‘keeper Carlo Cudicini will act as both club ambassador and assistant to Conte

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)