Antonio Conte (125 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It will take a while to drill his tactical plans into the braindead retards of that team.

Conte has a horrible preseason friendly record

Remember when we went on that USA tour and didnt give a shit and lost everything ? "My objective is not to win friendlies"

After which juve embarked on a 102 point scudetto

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 23, 2013
It will take a while to drill his tactical plans into the braindead retards of that team.

Conte has a horrible preseason friendly record

Remember when we went on that USA tour and didnt give a $#@! and lost everything ? "My objective is not to win friendlies"

After which juve embarked on a 102 point scudetto
Disgraceful European campaign and that was in large part down to Conte.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Rapid - Chelsea 2-0

So stressful for Chelsea fans, Antonio can resign any moment now.
Meh, anyone can lose against Rapid tbh.

No shame in that.

- - - Updated - - -

Na it takes time to develop an "i'm too good for you" attitude in a foreign environment.

When they ask him whether this is his most difficult challenge he should naturally bring up his past similar challenges.

God i want him to win epl so bad :D
It makes complete sense, but it's still pretty funny how often he brings it up :D

May 23, 2013
Juventus has always struggled a fair bit against teams that park the bus in europe

Frozen kebab means you havent watched the game, nor remember it

First Benfica game was nothing wrong, but the second we should have done more
Juventus should be beating those teams regardless of what usually happens. We beat Malmo twice the next year.

In the first Galatasary game he benched Marchisio and in the second Gala game he played Pogba who was responsible for the goal as regista. Now I know Pirlo was injured in the second game but surely he should have known better than to play an inexperienced Pogba as a regista when we had Marchisio, Vidal, and Asamoah all available.

Nothing was wrong with the first Benfica game? He started Vucinic over Llorente just due to the fact that he was chasing some useless record. In the next leg again he benched Marchisio who when he brought on created two great chances, One was the Osvaldo goal which I believe was wrongly called offside and the other being a great ball to Licht who completely missed the ball.

Even in the Madrid games he started Marchisio as a right winger/treq.

The biggest reason for his failure in Europe imo was his inability to switch to a 4 man midfield something that Allegri was able to do right away.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Meh, anyone can lose against Rapid tbh.

No shame in that.

- - - Updated - - -

It makes complete sense, but it's still pretty funny how often he brings it up :D
I think he's going to suffer at Chelsea. Italian players are very committed to a gameplan, because they know it works.

The English however are not used to this and are probably too stupid and coarse (let's just say it like it is) to understand this anyway.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Juventus should be beating those teams regardless of what usually happens. We beat Malmo twice the next year.

In the first Galatasary game he benched Marchisio and in the second Gala game he played Pogba who was responsible for the goal as regista. Now I know Pirlo was injured in the second game but surely he should have known better than to play an inexperienced Pogba as a regista when we had Marchisio, Vidal, and Asamoah all available.

Nothing was wrong with the first Benfica game? He started Vucinic over Llorente just due to the fact that he was chasing some useless record. In the next leg again he benched Marchisio who when he brought on created two great chances, One was the Osvaldo goal which I believe was wrongly called offside and the other being a great ball to Licht who completely missed the ball.

Even in the Madrid games he started Marchisio as a right winger/treq.

The biggest reason for his failure in Europe imo was his inability to switch to a 4 man midfield something that Allegri was able to do right away.

I take you never actually watch juventus, only some highlights ?
We had 2 new forwards that season and they had to settle a bit.

We created a large amount of chances, but werent finishing them, which got us to the game in galasataray which was on frozen kebab surface and an absolute shame it was played.
His changes for the benfica game made sense, but the players werent properly set up and fired up for the second leg.

There was nothing wrong with the 3-5-2 under Conte, and Allegri switched to 4-3-1-2 because of injuries and the need to compensate for Pirlo. We are currently using 3-5-2 as the main formation still.

And if you watched the euro's, Conte took a less talented 3-5-2 formation and beat the shit out of Belgium and spain, and would have done the same against Germany if he didnt lose his last player that could pass a ball.

Nope, Conte did nothing wrong, except staying and showing that europe season was just bad luck.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he's going to suffer at Chelsea. Italian players are very committed to a gameplan, because they know it works.

The English however are not used to this and are probably too stupid and coarse (let's just say it like it is) to understand this anyway.
I heard that you can directly apply these concerns to their first friendly.

ALot of individual defensive errors.

May 23, 2013
I take you never actually watch juventus, only some highlights ?
We had 2 new forwards that season and they had to settle a bit.

We created a large amount of chances, but werent finishing them, which got us to the game in galasataray which was on frozen kebab surface and an absolute shame it was played.
His changes for the benfica game made sense, but the players werent properly set up and fired up for the second leg.

There was nothing wrong with the 3-5-2 under Conte, and Allegri switched to 4-3-1-2 because of injuries and the need to compensate for Pirlo. We are currently using 3-5-2 as the main formation still.

And if you watched the euro's, Conte took a less talented 3-5-2 formation and beat the $#@! out of Belgium and spain, and would have done the same against Germany if he didnt lose his last player that could pass a ball.

Nope, Conte did nothing wrong, except staying and showing that europe season was just bad luck.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard that you can directly apply these concerns to their first friendly.

ALot of individual defensive errors.
Yeah iv never actually watched Juventus play before. Only wait for the season to finish and watch the playlist of highlights on the Juventus Youtube channel

Yes I know that we had two new forwards. I dont see the point you are trying to make I never criticized him for starting Quagliarella vs Copenhagen and Gala. Tevez was ready for the get go however Llorente had weight issues and was frozen out by Bilbao after we got an agreement to sign him for free the summer before.

Conte's decisions in the Benfica game were right :lol:. Please explain how starting Vucinic ahead of Llorente, rushing a half injured Vidal back, and benching Marchisio for the second leg were all correct decisions.

There was nothing wrong with 352 in Conte's first two seasons. However in his 3rd season he should have found a way to fit in Marchisio with PPV. Im not against playing 352 at all if the players were right for the formation. However It was wrong on Conte's part to start Pirlo who we saw the season before against Bayern and Mandzukic can be quite easily be neutralized when a marker is put on him, in a 352 ahead of Marchisio. This season and last we are perfectly built to play with Allegri's 352.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
That season under Conte we were creating alot of chances and didnt finish them. That was and is the main issue

CL was mostly disgusting luck and the team needing to grow.
He had a specific gameplan for EL, trying to work our way trough the defence. Went okay but we didnt score what we should have
The return was questionablt, thats it.

Us losing to Bayern was alot down to the quality difference. Allegri is a better coach tactically. But Conte has never failed while at juventus. So i'm not having any of that.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

You say that but Ranieri just won a league title with as many English players as chelsea

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

chelsea hardly have english players. Costa did great with simeone who is a tactical wizard. fabregas did well with pep and so did pedro. the squad in general had two good seasons with mou before the collapse and he too is a tactical guy.

His job is to get them to grow some balls again after the mental collapse of last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)