Antonio Conte (154 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We tried to force him out of the contract WE offered him.

Didn't let him train with the first team with whom he signed the contract for, froze him out. None of the offers he received was anywhere near what he was getting at Juve. It's Juve's fault they offered him so much money.
He should have kept the honor to him fucking self.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
His job was to be great striker too, didn't live up to that too. I would say it's unprofessional on his side if he is getting payed so much and not being able to bring the results he was paid for.
Actually the fault would lie solely on management for overpaying him. They were the unprofessional ones with their poor valuation and shitty sense of business.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
“Since I started Coaching, I’ve always envied the boss of the Italian national team,” Conte revealed in an interview with RAI.

“Participating in competitions like the European Championships and the World Cup, because that’s when you can feel Italy pushing you, and trying to blow the ball in.

“Renewing my contract? Never say never…”

----

It is simple to forget that Conte is first and foremost an Italian, then a Juventino.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Juve's success over the past several years was mostly due to Conte. He was able to mentally and physically prepare the players to win. Sure, he was not the best tactically in Europe, but Serie A he was spot on for the most part. The players really stepped up as well, which can be tied to (in part) to Conte's ability to inspire.

I'm not sure what's going on with him and the Azzurri, but I would take him back down the road. He just needs to be less stubborn with the tactics.

Thuram thinks of himself an intellectual. Regardless of whether he is or not, we should hold him to that standard.
You probably like him simply due to his "control ya arms" tee-shirt. ;)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You probably like him simply due to his "control ya arms" tee-shirt. ;)
I think it's probably best if you read my post again, try to understand it this time and we act as if your answer never happened. Nowhere does it imply I like Thuram and instead of excusing him, it actually says he failed to meet the standard he set for himself.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

Belgium does things differently. That's a very interesting looking diploma.
No, it isn't. It's just not an American one.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think it's probably best if you read my post again, try to understand it this time and we act as if your answer never happened. Nowhere does it imply I like Thuram and instead of excusing him, it actually says he failed to meet the standard he set for himself.
Dude, don't take everything so seriously.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Juve's success over the past several years was mostly due to Conte. He was able to mentally and physically prepare the players to win. Sure, he was not the best tactically in Europe, but Serie A he was spot on for the most part. The players really stepped up as well, which can be tied to (in part) to Conte's ability to inspire.

I'm not sure what's going on with him and the Azzurri, but I would take him back down the road. He just needs to be less stubborn with the tactics.
No other coach in the world could have made us win the first season like Conte did. It was truly a miracle season. I get AIDS every time I see Juve supporters being ungrateful towards lord Conte.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Ungrateful I would say.

He should have known better since he was part of the WC 2006 final when 7 Juve players where on the pitch in Berlin including himself that you have to be stupid to feel betrayed when your squad had "Buffon, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Nedved, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Zlatan, Vieira" + himself, does he really think this squad needed few phone calls to help them win against some average sides?

Ungrateful bastard.
Why do people still even take his name on these forums? Fuck him and his mom. He's persona non grata.

Thuram has been forgotten.
:tup:

Have issue with Conte leaving is fine (is extremely poorly done timing), but having issue with him choosing to coach Italy is RETARDED.

Oh FIGC fvcked us and him over why would you ever represent them blablabla is just unimaginaeably inane BS. Our players allways play for the NT and we play in that federations frigging league, hearing that "argument" for choosing to go to Azzurri selectively used only for him is incredibly cringeworthy.
His timing of leaving us was fucked up, but it worked against him too coz it narrowed down the opportunities he had of coaching another club team. His best shot was coaching in Italy seeing how many teams were in the doldrums, and I think under the circumstances he probably chose the NT which would've been a more neutral choice than Inter, Milan or Roma.

I agree that's it's wrong to criticise him about coaching the NT. Unfortunately it's not going to do much for his career unless there's the unlikely scenario of him winning the euros, and really he's not going to be hanging around post the tournament either way. In many ways this was a transitory job like Ancellotti at PsG.

All true. Funnily enough I see him coaching Juve for a second time again within the next 5-7 years.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
This :tup:

I can kinda forgive Vidal because hes mentally completely retarded. He left for a reasonable fee and admitted juve wasent his dream. Fair enough, he have us alot and we thank vidal. We forgive the shit because of his retardation.

Thuram, is a known intellectual. I dont accept shit that he said cause he knows fully well what he says when.

Can't compare them Zach. Different eras, different players and two very very different situations. Vidal didn't betray the club, and never ever spoke shit the way that other dickhead did. And lastly, we don't even know if this was entirely Vidals decision. What you see in the press is contradictory because Beppe has come out and said Vidal was happy to stay. The club may have made the decision for him and that's probably what makes him praise Bayern so openly etc - possibly. You may say this is conjecture, fair enough, but you can't compare the two situations. As far as I'm concerned, Vidal is definitely more Juventino at heart than that fuckface.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 152)