Antonio Conte (327 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
has there ever been a coach in europe who coached both the national team and team from thats country's league?
Sir Alex Ferguson managed Scotland through the end of the qualifying campaign for the 1986 FIFA World Cup and the finals after the untimely death of Jock Stein. He was also managing Aberdeen in the Scottish League.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Sir Alex Ferguson managed Scotland through the end of the qualifying campaign for the 1986 FIFA World Cup and the finals after the untimely death of Jock Stein. He was also managing Aberdeen in the Scottish League.
one it's scotland so nobody really cares sorry @red, and 2 it was i think one international game during regular season in the midst of extraordinary circumstances

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
one it's scotland so nobody really cares sorry @red, and 2 it was i think one international game during regular season in the midst of extraordinary circumstances

Now you're just being difficult

But SAF took Scotland to the world cup, but failed to get out the group stages :p

also Billy Bingham was manager of the Northern Ireland national team for two spells. Firstly from October 1967 till May 1971. Then a second term from 1980 to 1993. During the initial term he also managed English League side Plymouth Argyle from February 1968 till March 1970. Then from August 1970 to August 1971 he managed Linfield , the Belfast based club, in the Irish league.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Now you're just being difficult

But SAF took Scotland to the world cup, but failed to get out the group stages :p

also Billy Bingham was manager of the Northern Ireland national team for two spells. Firstly from October 1967 till May 1971. Then a second term from 1980 to 1993. During the initial term he also managed English League side Plymouth Argyle from February 1968 till March 1970. Then from August 1970 to August 1971 he managed Linfield , the Belfast based club, in the Irish league.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The question that begs to be asked is why the fuck would he go to that shit show now known as AC Milan.

If he had issues, whether true or not, with the transfer policies with Juve, then he will have a ball dealing with Berlusconi.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The question that begs to be asked is why the fuck would he go to that shit show now known as AC Milan.

If he had issues, whether true or not, with the transfer policies with Juve, then he will have a ball dealing with Berlusconi.
likes the challenge? and i think contract of his next gig will have crazy clauses on control and say on transfers, imo conte left more because he felt he did it all here and the club was not going to invest seriously to go for the next step, contend for CL.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
likes the challenge? and i think contract of his next gig will have crazy clauses on control and say on transfers, imo conte left more because he felt he did it all here and the club was not going to invest seriously to go for the next step, contend for CL.
So how exactly is Milan going to invest and compete for the CL?

They are hemorrhaging money with no prospects for turning around their financial situation.

If he goes to a PSG or the like, then I can understand it, but Milan?

I can't see him going there.

And if he got all upset at Marotta for selling the likes of Matri and Giaccherini, can you imagine what would happen when they pull the best players on that squad right from under his nose?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I think Conte had a plan/wanted to be in-charge of almost everything like SAF was in Manchester which is almost impossible in Italy.

Selling some players wouldn't affect him if he had the last word of which players the club should sign as per his desire.

I could be wrong but I say it was more about power than couple of players going.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I think Conte had a plan/wanted to be in-charge of almost everything like SAF was in Manchester which is almost impossible in Italy.

Selling some players wouldn't affect him if he had the last word of which players the club should sign as per his desire.

I could be wrong but I say it was more about power than couple of players going.
The only place where he would have total control is in England.

If he were to receive total control in Milan, it would be unprecedented.

And my post wasn't intended to imply that those were the reasons why he left, I was just making a comparison for comparison's sake.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
If he were to receive total control in Milan, it would be unprecedented.

And my post wasn't intended to imply that those were the reasons why he left, I was just making a comparison for comparison's sake.
I know :D

As for moving to Milan the odds are too slim he'd go there, if he leaves the NT he will surely receive better offers, much better salary and almost a prepared team, Conte's value on the market is pretty good.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
"[Former Bianconeri boss] Antonio Conte deserves the credit for Paul's development. He needs someone who tells him to do his thing and give him some space."

"Do you know why I told him to sign for Juventus? Milan wanted to sign him together with Genoa and then send him there on loan. Inter then said they did not want to create a row with [ex-Manchester United boss] Alex Ferguson.

"With Juventus the deal was quite simple. They signed him, gave him the wages of a first-team player and did not send him out on loan."
Raiola

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 322)