Antonio Conte (82 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
He'll go to Milan next season, as the first step in Milans revival, Berlu will start investing in the team properly again and within 3 seasons they'll be on par with Juve. :shifty:
it is possible. a lot our our current first team players are old. pirlo, tevez, barza, chiellini, evra, buffon, licht, padion, pepe are all important players that are 30 and over. and replacing them isnt going to be easy. expect juventus to hit a transitional cycle between 2015-2018

has there ever been a coach in europe who coached both the national team and team from thats country's league?
did it in fm

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
has there ever been a coach in europe who coached both the national team and team from thats country's league?
Yes. I don't know any names off the top of my head, but it definitely has happened. In modern times I don't think it has been done in the biggest countries like Spain/Germany/France, but probably in the likes of Romania/Russia/Serbia etc.

Guus Hiddink managed Australia and PSV at the same time iirc.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Sir Alex Ferguson managed Scotland through the end of the qualifying campaign for the 1986 FIFA World Cup and the finals after the untimely death of Jock Stein. He was also managing Aberdeen in the Scottish League.
Jock Stein (who knew, apparently) died at the end of the final qualification match.

Ferguson was only in charge for the play-off and the World Cup itself.

Won two trophies with Aberdeen during that time. Aberdeen also got to the quarter-finals of the European Cup that season.

I'm not aware of anyone combining jobs at at higher level than that for any meaningful period in recent times.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yes. I don't know any names off the top of my head, but it definitely has happened. In modern times I don't think it has been done in the biggest countries like Spain/Germany/France, but probably in the likes of Romania/Russia/Serbia etc.

Guus Hiddink managed Australia and PSV at the same time iirc.
psv don't play in the A league son :D

- - - Updated - - -

Jock Stein (who knew, apparently) died at the end of the final qualification match.

Won two trophies with Aberdeen during that time. Aberdeen also got to the quarter-finals of the European Cup that season.

I'm not aware of anyone combining jobs at at higher level than that for any meaningful period in recent times.
well I think it was a sufficient example to answer X's question still.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Roma, Milan eye Conte

Rumours say that Roma may cajole Italy Coach Antonio Conte into replacing Rudi Garcia at the end of this season, whilst Milan lurk.

The three-time Scudetto-winning Coach is today facing new speculation over his future with the Azzurri, having cancelled February’s intended training camp for the national team.

Reports are that a split from the Italian Football Federation this summer cannot be ruled out and that if it were to occur, three clubs in particular would be in line for talks.

Paris Saint-Germain and Milan are suggested by more than one outlet as potentially interested, whilst Il Messaggero add Roma to that list.

The capital publication is running the line that the Giallorossi could part ways with Rudi Garcia at the end of the season should a trophy not arrive, and that subsequently they would eye Conte as first-choice replacement.

Meanwhile, Quotidiano Sportivo indicate that Conte is one of President Silvio Berlusconi's main targets, should Filippo Inzaghi not be confirmed beyond June at Milan.

Conte is viewed by this publication as an easier objective to sign up than the apparent alternative target, Bayern Munich's Pep Guardiola.
The last sentence just shows who writes those types of articles - ::stupid::

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

:D

Oct 23, 2011
According to the Italian papers Conte is considering leaving the NT due to disagreement about the date of the coppa Italia finale and because Juventus and Roma won't release their players in February for the 'get together'. If this is really true, then this dude is mentally ill and an extreme hypocrite. Why would he expect a different treatment than any other NT coach in the past? Although he did great things with us, it's difficult not to start disliking him..

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
According to the Italian papers Conte is considering leaving the NT due to disagreement about the date of the coppa Italia finale and because Juventus and Roma won't release their players in February for the 'get together'. If this is really true, then this dude is mentally ill and an extreme hypocrite. Why would he expect a different treatment than any other NT coach in the past? Although he did great things with us, it's difficult not to start disliking him..
If it happened our management should think it through many times if they plan to hire him again. I mean the shit he pulled off here and in a few months he'd do the same at NT indicates he's a very impulsive man with unrealistic expectations. Not everything goes your way even if you agree onto something earlier. You have to try to overcome difficulties instead of leaving every time something doesn't go your way.

He should have known the extra training camps are impossible. When he was a manger here he had problems with he Fifa arranged ones and he'd never agreed to let his players go for additional trainings if he was still at Juve.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i doubt thats even true

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Probably is true, but it's obviously his way of pretending to be angry enough to leave. Nice little excuse he has there. Basically, he realised he made a mistake leaving us to take over the NT, just after the World Cup in the most uneventful and pointless period of international football you can get.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
if you write on macedonian forums that Conte even thou did good things for us is a jackass with huge ego and cry baby they'll burn you alive I'm sick and tired of that place. This is my home :D

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Probably is true, but it's obviously his way of pretending to be angry enough to leave. Nice little excuse he has there. Basically, he realised he made a mistake leaving us to take over the NT, just after the World Cup in the most uneventful and pointless period of international football you can get.
Yep. I bet he has something lined up for June with Milan, probably.

He's just looking for an excuse to leave.

What a joke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)