Antonio Conte (135 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
This is actually the first mercato where we haven't bought multiple starters.

Last year was Tevez/Llorente.

Year before was Asamoah/Pogba.

Year before was Vidal/Lichtsteiner/Pirlo.

I'll wager when we look back at this mercato our starters will be Morata and Coman, and next year it will be Berardi and someone else. But like always, it's not exactly evident at the time.

The thing with bench players and youngsters is that A. They can actually become starters and B. You're guaranteed to make the CL every year:

Because missing the CL is so much more punitive than making the CL semis is rewarding. If you just make it out of the groups every year, you will have a chance to grow as a team. If you make the semis, you can grow a bit faster. If you miss the CL, you're fucked completely. That's why management will never go into a season with a thin bench.

Primavera players on the bench is how you risk missing the CL. Barzagli and Vidal are already hurt. This is why we're going for Luisao. Luisao is literally the safest option for the money that you can find. You make the CL again and keep turning your wheels. If you leave it up to Caceres or Rugani and they're disasters, then we could miss the CL and then Vidal and Pogba get sold.

Another thing with buying high-priced starters and putting current starters on the bench is the wage structure of the team. We can't have 3M-4M wages on the bench at every position like some of these teams do.

You have to buy the likes of Pereyra who can be on the bench or starting for half the season but he's on 1-2M wages for 10 years. Lichtsteiner has been on 2M wages until now, he's 31.
:tup:

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Van Persie, Costa, etc
Van Persie earns more or less the same as Vidal, Tevez and Llorente put together. :wth:

I don't really rate Costa higher than Llorente or Tevez, and with that 40mln he would cost we could be going for a much more needed player who could really be starter, an AM, or winger.

Strikers are CMs are the least of our concerns.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Van Persie earns more or less the same as Vidal, Tevez and Llorente put together. :wth:

I don't really rate Costa higher than Llorente or Tevez, and with that 40mln he would cost we could be going for a much more needed player who could really be starter, an AM, or winger.

Strikers are CMs are the least of our concerns.
Yeah, the wages are a turn off but we could make a couple exceptions. Maybe not, I'm just saying.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
See, I think the mistake you make is not properly evaluating the players. For me, Morata is not just a bench player or someone you can do without.

He's one of the best strikers in the world at 22 years old or younger. To me, it's certainly possible he can be better than Sanchez. He has the potential to be a 40M player, after all, Madrid has agreed a 35M buy back (and let's not debate the buy back. It's confirmed that the player must agree as well and it's possible Madrid would not bother if they move for someone bigger which they likely will).

Morata for 20M is a very worthy signing to me. I would not pass on him in most circumstances. If he becomes good and we avoid the buy back then it's like hitting the lottery. We'd have him for something like 10 years and for only 20M and modest wages for at least a little while. Morata is not like Pereyra or Romulo. He's in a much different category.

If I could buy two Moratas instead of one Sanchez then I would do that in all honesty. It's buying at half the value of the player when buying Sanchez is paying absolute full price in every sense.

Pereyra is a questionable signing for me and I've said that before. But the structure of his transfer fee is what entices our management as always. Paying it off in 5 years is a joke.

Personally I could be convinced to give up Pereyra and Sturaro for a 25M player. That would make sense to me. Someone like De Bruyne instead would have been great.

Besides that, Evra is a necessity because of AFCON. Romulo for 1M + 7M payable whenever is another no-brainer for me. Coman is free so obviously that's a no-brainer.

If you don't include Morata, and want to give up Pereyra, Sturaro, Evra's wages and Romulo to get Sanchez (and even that would still not be enough), that is a risk for me, we'd have no left back and only 1 CM sub being Marchisio.

If you want to give up Morata then there's certainly risk that you passed on a potential 22-25 year old WC striker for only 20M.

I know you want to replace all our aging starters, but you can't replace each one with someone rated 40M Euros. You have to replace Llorente with 20M Morata, and Berardi can replace Tevez for 10-15M, Coman can maybe start in a couple years for 0M. Maybe Sturaro can play DM between Vidal and Pogba for 8M or whatever it was.
This is a damn fine posts with excellent insights :tup:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I just think that it's not a Conte vs Marotta question. You don't really have to pick one.

I think Conte's posture is very bad regardless of the competence of the management. This has clearly nothing to do to lack of ambition of course.

In the other hand I question many of Marotta's choices, if not most. But in the end he really has hit some jackpots a few times. But this hasn't really something to do with Conte's depressing posture of whining all the time about not having money and letting clear that we bare no chance in Europe. This is lack of ambition in my book.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I just think that it's not a Conte vs Marotta question. You don't really have to pick one.

I think Conte's posture is very bad regardless of the competence of the management. This has clearly nothing to do to lack of ambition of course.

In the other hand I question many of Marotta's choices, if not most. But in the end he really has hit some jackpots a few times. But this hasn't really something to do with Conte's depressing posture of whining all the time about not having money and letting clear that we bare no chance in Europe. This is lack of ambition in my book.
Spot on.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Writing his team off before the competition starts was extremely annoying and was bound to have negative effect on players. There are teams with less resources and inferior squads that managed to achieve better results in Europe. He wanted to take shortcuts, instead of trying to improve his methods, grow as manager, because Conte with all due respect for him and for all he has accomplished so far, isn't up there with great managers in today's game to be in position to make certain demands and neither is Juve financial powerhouse to meet these demands. Good luck with the likes of Insigne and Cerci, cause you'll need it.

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
:lol: "The ban in 2012 helped me to grow".

This phrase pretty much sums up what a ridiculous man Antonio Conte acually is. I wouldn't take it that far with insults, as the adjective "ridiculous" pretty much suits him perfectly, along with the fact that he has shown to not have the dignity of a man, but that was clear since a bit of time, even before he left in the second day of preseason (unicum in history). He sold himself and his image (in Italy everybody is mad at him, as far as I can see juventini turned their shoulders to him, obiouvsly, and the others that insulted him for three years for his shitty attitude towards... everything, are still not totally eager at the idea of him as the NT coach) in a ridiculous way, and had also the wonderful idea of using this phrase in the presentation. The ban "helped him to grow". A ban to whom, just 2 yars ago, reacted like this:

He's also shown, lets be honest, to don't be very clever. And the fact that he left us after all the shit talking about him in Europe, where he needed just one year to silence the critics, and show what he's worth, with a team that is capable of great things for the players it has, despite some of the great heads in this forum don't agree, he just could not take the critics (he complained about it the whole year) shows how a loser he is, and how he could NOT take a challenge, not even this difficult. His results with us are FAR from bad, obiouvsly, but he could have done better in a longer time, and was in a perfect environment for him, that he won't find anywhere else.

The loser, many times throughout the year, complained about how "You have always to win here... It's hard". Far the times of the first year, when he could go on with the other trashtalking "We must not forget that we come from 2 7th places in a row, we must be patient, it's not easy". He wants EASY challenges, open your fucking eyes, you that still give at least strange theories on the transfer budget and so on... WTH? :lol: No wonder he reached an agreement with Milan in May, where everything is to REBUILD, and the club obiouvsly blocked him. It's known this in Italy, given that a guy that is his friend confirmed that, and Conte never denied. Now he thinks that in the Italy NT everything will be fine, they will have to rebuild from zero, he PRETENDED to have long stages in NT (and when was our coach complained about how the NT made him loss time for the team :lol:), control on the club, and ALREADY in this press conference of presentation said how "There are better NT than us, but I'll do my best. We come from a difficult situation" If he even added "Hey, I'm not the fucking wizard Merlin" that would have been perfect. :lol:

Apart from the fact that Italy has not that much of a material to build on in the next years, just fine technically buy spineless players (Insigne, El Shaarawy, Destro, Gabbiadini... Once again only the old man will be reliable, with the addition of Rossi) that can't carry the team and needs to be carried by leaders that in italy don't (won't) exist anymore, given his shitty attitude and control mania, I'm SURE that he'll have problems with players/club coaches, now with this big role he has. Conte in Italy NT is a time bomb, and I will be there when he explodes, and I'll enjoy it fully. Hopefully, then, he will never coach on important stages again, and will be forgotten in his mediocrity of a man. Too bad that he was so fundamental in his years here, we must give him that... But I'm just so glad to don't have him, and his dickface, and his negativity towards the team. No more. Just fucking no more. I'm sure that he will fail with Italy, and I wish him bad luck for the rest of his career.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:lol: "The ban in 2012 helped me to grow".

This phrase pretty much sums up what a ridiculous man Antonio Conte acually is. I wouldn't take it that far with insults, as the adjective "ridiculous" pretty much suits him perfectly, along with the fact that he has shown to not have the dignity of a man, but that was clear since a bit of time, even before he left in the second day of preseason (unicum in history). He sold himself and his image (in Italy everybody is mad at him, as far as I can see juventini turned their shoulders to him, obiouvsly, and the others that insulted him for three years for his shitty attitude towards... everything, are still not totally eager at the idea of him as the NT coach) in a ridiculous way, and had also the wonderful idea of using this phrase in the presentation. The ban "helped him to grow". A ban to whom, just 2 yars ago, reacted like this:

He's also shown, lets be honest, to don't be very clever. And the fact that he left us after all the shit talking about him in Europe, where he needed just one year to silence the critics, and show what he's worth, with a team that is capable of great things for the players it has, despite some of the great heads in this forum don't agree, he just could not take the critics (he complained about it the whole year) shows how a loser he is, and how he could NOT take a challenge, not even this difficult. His results with us are FAR from bad, obiouvsly, but he could have done better in a longer time, and was in a perfect environment for him, that he won't find anywhere else.

The loser, many times throughout the year, complained about how "You have always to win here... It's hard". Far the times of the first year, when he could go on with the other trashtalking "We must not forget that we come from 2 7th places in a row, we must be patient, it's not easy". He wants EASY challenges, open your fucking eyes, you that still give at least strange theories on the transfer budget and so on... WTH? :lol: No wonder he reached an agreement with Milan in May, where everything is to REBUILD, and the club obiouvsly blocked him. It's known this in Italy, given that a guy that is his friend confirmed that, and Conte never denied. Now he thinks that in the Italy NT everything will be fine, they will have to rebuild from zero, he PRETENDED to have long stages in NT (and when was our coach complained about how the NT made him loss time for the team :lol:), control on the club, and ALREADY in this press conference of presentation said how "There are better NT than us, but I'll do my best. We come from a difficult situation" If he even added "Hey, I'm not the fucking wizard Merlin" that would have been perfect. :lol:

Apart from the fact that Italy has not that much of a material to build on in the next years, just fine technically buy spineless players (Insigne, El Shaarawy, Destro, Gabbiadini... Once again only the old man will be reliable, with the addition of Rossi) that can't carry the team and needs to be carried by leaders that in italy don't (won't) exist anymore, given his shitty attitude and control mania, I'm SURE that he'll have problems with players/club coaches, now with this big role he has. Conte in Italy NT is a time bomb, and I will be there when he explodes, and I'll enjoy it fully. Hopefully, then, he will never coach on important stages again, and will be forgotten in his mediocrity of a man. Too bad that he was so fundamental in his years here, we must give him that... But I'm just so glad to don't have him, and his dickface, and his negativity towards the team. No more. Just fucking no more. I'm sure that he will fail with Italy, and I wish him bad luck for the rest of his career.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 134)