Antonio Conte (317 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
How many in the england side would genuine start for Italy??? I wouldn't go beyond Baines, and perhaps one of the centre backs
Baines looked really poor against Italy but that could of been because he was all alone against Candreva and Darmian. No one else helped him.

The only player that really impressed me was Sterling. Cahill looked solid as well other than that Balotelli goal, but that was a pin point perfect cross from Candreva.

Mar 10, 2009
^^
If that was Conte he would have waited to until the 80th minute to make the first sub

at least Prandelli made positive subs early on. Genuinely speking Italy looked really poor, I think the heat might have affected them

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
You have to question Prandelli's coaching abilities when he leaves Rossi home due to fitness but no one on the team can run.

Is he suggesting that Cassano is more fit than Rossi? If he is then he's a fucking idiot.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
^^
If that was Conte he would have waited to until the 80th minute to make the first sub

at least Prandelli made positive subs early on. Genuinely speking Italy looked really poor, I think the heat might have affected them
There's no denying that he should take huge part of the blame after the subs he made. Sometimes his overthinkering can be disastrous. Decision to play two-man midfield with Pirlo was poor choice and generally throwing bunch of forwards for mids ruined Italy's balance. Once they lost control in the middle and with 4 attackers it is bound to happen, game was over for Italy. It's easy to be general after the battle and hindsight is a bitch, but Veratti should have played instead of Motta, Chiello would probably be a better choice for a LB, allowing Darmian to occupy his preferred role.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
^^

Except Prandelli made terrible subs. Why not Immobile for Balotelli who was terrible all match. Insigne and Cassano? Rossi should have been on team over one of the two certainly. Plus, by putting on 4 attackers like that he ceded control of the midfield completely, and italy couldn't bring the ball forward for the last 20 min. Pathetic subs. Leaving our midfield that weak is idiotic.

Mar 10, 2009
Except Prandelli made terrible subs. Why not Immobile for Balotelli who was terrible all match. Insigne and Cassano? Rossi should have been on team over one of the two certainly. Plus, by putting on 4 attackers like that he ceded control of the midfield completely, and italy couldn't bring the ball forward for the last 20 min. Pathetic subs. Leaving our midfield that weak is idiotic.

Funny thing is , you were the one who claimed that Italy beating England should prove to me that Serie A is still a good league. Fine if your playing by your rules then by your fickle stance, I could easily say that this loss proves that Serie A is indeed garbage.

@ Delpiero

I do think he is partly to blame, but the performance was so poor that I think the tactics had little difference. Players could string two passes togther and the finishing was awful. Anyway let's just wait and see, Del Bosque is one of th emost succesful coaches in recent history and even he got things wrong.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Please show me the quote where I said that beating England proves Serie A is a good league? I made a joke about a Juventus led side beating a Premier League side.

Serie A is obviously lower quality at the moment than the top 3 leagues. It is, however, not some tin pot league.

Regardless, Prandelli did a &$&$ job today with his subs. Terrible.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
[h=1]Pinto: «Mi ispiro alla Juve»[/h]
Pinto, 61, said he thought his defense played a perfect game. Asked about the unusual five-back formation he deployed, Pinto, an openly devoted fan of Italian soccer, noted that it was popular among Italian clubs like Juventus and that he had seen Cesare Prandelli, Italy’s national coach, use it recently.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
^^

The game is a perfect showcase of why conte allmost never uses early subs.
Italy was not bad, and improving in the second. Prandelli took off 3 players for 3 new ones and a change in tactics

Both the new players and the new tactic failed horribly

- - - Updated - - -

There's no denying that he should take huge part of the blame after the subs he made. Sometimes his overthinkering can be disastrous. Decision to play two-man midfield with Pirlo was poor choice and generally throwing bunch of forwards for mids ruined Italy's balance. Once they lost control in the middle and with 4 attackers it is bound to happen, game was over for Italy. It's easy to be general after the battle and hindsight is a bitch, but Veratti should have played instead of Motta, Chiello would probably be a better choice for a LB, allowing Darmian to occupy his preferred role.
I would have personally played bonucci central, chiellini left,so darmian was on the rightback. Abate, seriously prandelli ?

Fully agreed about the tactic switch :tup:

Verratti, i think he was forced. Commentator mentionned before the game how apart from Marchisio , Verratti also "hallucinated" from the heat at the first game, and how Claudio got fit in time, but Verratti, who had been ill there aswel, wasent fit to play ?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh one thing. Remember the madrid game when conte took off a forward when chiellini got a red card ?
And how several members, including one from goteburg, were trashing conte about beeing a pussy ?
Well, this was costa rica and see what happened. THAT was real fucking madrid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 311)