Antonio Conte (279 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Always and all the time and all the games no matter the opponent or situation. But that's the only way we can play as you said many times before.

- - - Updated - - -

Aah
Honestly before the match everyone here was shit scared about their attackers and wingers , they couldnt do any damage so our defence and mid did a good job in defending , other than bonucci error in both goals . We controlled both the games with more possession again shows our mid field did their job , we scored 1 goal in 180 mins , its simple our attacking side of the game is to be blamed , we lacked in the final 3rd of the pitch . Benfica 's defence was better organized than our attack . Is that a fair assessment ? .

Why its to prevent because when bonucci and cheilini go into the box for corner , its asa cacerec and licht that become back 3 ....pogba and vidal are on the box line , but our mids dont have pace to close them down .
In a 4-2-3-1 , the 2 holding mids with rb/lb make a 4 , we are always 1 short.
And again with my limited knowledge even the corners are worked at training , benfica would have seen our videos and they are prepared for when they get the ball who to quickly pass it to for creating counter attack , their wingers are already placed in such positions its all practiced in training .
This is how i think maybe they dont .

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
who said anything about vidal or any of the CM not being allowed to attack? :sergio: just be flexible and balanced no need for both CMs always so far ahead of the pitch while leaving the DLP and CBs exposed to counter like the way conte set the team up; why not for example if vidal see opportunity to attack then he attack while the other two cover behind?

who said anything about tevez as winger? :sergio: again ffs people truly have short memories, vucinic played there as well and he didn't play as strict winger in textbook sense :sergio: where have the flexibility and imagination gone to? :sergio: exactly the problem with conte this past 2 years :segio:

we have played with a single mediocre winger alternated between pepe or giach or estigarribia ffs :sergio: in no way I can ever accept that isla or asamoah are in any way significantly inferior to the formers...

again this is exactly conte's problem, or that was all just a coincidence and the reality is indeed conte is this tactically inept.
Allowed to attack is different when you put his as a holding midfielder , its not his job to attack , to attack from where basically pirlo plays he would have to be super quick which he is not , he plays much higher up the pitch for us .
vucinic and tevez are different players , even for roma vucinic played as a lw .Pepe , giach and esti all 3 our wingers , isla and asa are not thats why you see when dont create enough threat when we attack.
You just cant put players in a formation and expect them to play , they need to be technically and tactically able to .

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Meh Conte is good coach, he's used his limited options well. But it's still not good enough, he's simply to stubborn to learn that unless he changes this horrible passive mentality then the team will never change. We need to start really grabbing teams by the scruff of the neck and delivering blows rather than slowly overpowering them.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
they need to be technically and tactically able to .
explain why can't :

1. tevez played as SS on the left side.
2. asamoah / isla play as makeshift wingers; mind you that the former already our resident LWB while the latter at one time in his career did play as winger or at least RWB.

- in no way tevez is of worse technically and less adept tactically to play as LWF/SS than vucinic.
- asamoah, he has in no any way worse dribbling skill than pepe or giach or esti, he is in no any way worse crosser than again the latter three people... isla maybe bad as RWB at current juve but I see that because of too much defensive burden for him but then again you wouldn't expect great defending from pepe giach esti.

so what exactly the matter?

as for vidal situation, I proposed marchisio pogba vidal, 3 of them doing rotating job of attacking and defending no need for fancy but useless DLP job just play more direct and grow some balls with shooting from outside the box and serve the attacking trident, or such a job simply too much for them???

4-3-3 unlike 5-3-2 also allow us to counter better.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
explain why can't :

1. tevez played as SS on the left side.
2. asamoah / isla play as makeshift wingers; mind you that the former already our resident LWB while the latter at one time in his career did play as winger or at least RWB.

- in no way tevez is of worse technically and less adept tactically to play as LWF/SS than vucinic.
- asamoah, he has in no any way worse dribbling skill than pepe or giach or esti, he is in no any way worse crosser than again the latter three people... isla maybe bad as RWB at current juve but I see that because of too much defensive burden for him but then again you wouldn't expect great defending from pepe giach esti.

so what exactly the matter?

as for vidal situation, I proposed marchisio pogba vidal, 3 of them doing rotating job of attacking and defending no need for fancy but useless DLP job just play more direct and grow some balls with shooting from outside the box and serve the attacking trident, or such a job simply too much for them???

4-3-3 unlike 5-3-2 also allow us to counter better.
Tevez does play as a ss for us , its not ss on a left side , its either ss or lw ....he plays ss because he likes to come deep to collect the ball and then run towards the goal , he is a goal scoring threat . He is not such a good dribbler or pacy winger to have him play on the wing . The best example i can give you is ronaldo playing on the wing for madrid yet he scores more than benzema .

Asa since he has a left foot , he would have to play on the right wing to cut in a 4-3-3 , like bale , but again he has no right foot and no pace so becomes a one trick pony. Isla is not someone for whom you would change your formation as in he is not at juve 11 level.His decision making his poor and you can see that , he is more attack minded than licht better positioning but final ball is worse than licht.

yes you could play 4-3-3 with v-m-p but because we dont have wingers our formation doesnt change. In a 4-3-3 , 3 midfielders hold the line and 3 attack , with mids joining in and full back overlapping when you go all out attack . We dont have any one overlapping , its only when say pogba and licht do their 1 -2 quick pass , we get penetration , like llorente scored in last match .

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Contrary to what people believe 3-5-2 doesn't fit this squad the best. Just give us a few more wingers and LB and this team will be so much better and more quality across the board.

Instead of using a defender and midfielder as wingbacks, lets move them back into their real positions. That would leave us with Licht as a RB and Caceres as his option instead of shitty Isla.

Also if Asamoah was stripped of his wingback duties he'd go into midfield which instantly would give us 2 quality midfielders players off the bench when one of the 3 starters needs rest or isn't playing. We'd also won't have to worry about Peluso being Asamoah's understudy when he's not around.

Same thing with the CB's, move to a back 4 and we'd have Caceres, Ogbonna and Bonucci as options to Barz and Chiellini. That is 3 high quality options off the bench for 2 spots.

The quality and width of the squad would become so much better if we stopped using the 3-5-2. Basically more quality options.

Faedda21

May 2, 2014
He needs to go I'm sorry, how many more times to we have to get humiliated and laughed at for losing in Europe, mainly because of this shit formation, if he doesn't change he needs to go. I could care less about these 3 scudetti, it's Europe that matters, and we can't even progress in the fucking Europa league, like come on

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I understand your anger and it's fucking shit that we're a laughing stock in Europe, people literally laugh at us. But Conte deserves a season with the right players to play a proper attacking game, and the Scudetti wins might be what's expected of us but we still have to live up to that expectation and it's still an impressive achievement.

However, i'm absolutely not going to say this season wasn't a failure because we failed in Europe big time, got a 2nd chance to win a lesser competition with the final in OUR OWN FUCKING GROUND and still couldn't even reach that

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I understand your anger and it's $#@!ing $#@! that we're a laughing stock in Europe, people literally laugh at us. But Conte deserves a season with the right players to play a proper attacking game, and the Scudetti wins might be what's expected of us but we still have to live up to that expectation and it's still an impressive achievement.

However, i'm absolutely not going to say this season wasn't a failure because we failed in Europe big time, got a 2nd chance to win a lesser competition with the final in OUR OWN $#@!ING GROUND and still couldn't even reach that
And it makes me feel like shid because not so long ago we were pulling our hairs with the likes of Tampona aquillani, MOlinaro, Sissoko and Melo..... then all of a sudden Conte brought us right were we belong in Italy....
I even feel bad at myself for going all mad against Conte.. but Jesus, how can we choke soooo hard?. Man we are a fuking laufingh stock. Since the Bayern games this dude has got it all wrong.

This is our momentum!! we have good players in the form of Vidal and Pogba...who will not last forever with us.---- we need to pounce!! we need to start at least SHOWING something!"!!!!. This kind of embarrasments are very problematic!!.

In europe we are like nothing now.

If this mercato i dont see any form of switching, or "plan b"... ill be totally convinced that we are going nowhere under Conte. By now, he should be pressing hard the management for players... if that is the reason for our lacklustre dis´plays.

If he asked for players and the club simply coudnt give it to them... then i will unerstand... but geez, sometimes he is stubborn as fuck. Today, at least he got the subs right and i was not frustrated. In any other day he would sub asamoah for peluso and licht for Isla. But then is not his fault that we have players like peluso and isla in the first place... thats what i wanna believe..

but if it is nto that way...we are simply doomed guys. DOOMED. because Conte is here to stay, and if HE is the one who is preventing us to play better...dats it mane.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I think the starting point to change the way we play lies with what we do with Pirlo. He is the maker and breaker for us and as long as he is on that field the play will channel through him. Hot/cold, easy to press him and stop our play and is about to go through another WC campaign and most likely come back next season looking like he is buggered and declining. We talk about Vidal and Pogba's attacking abilities but where Pirlo lacks defensive abilities it really is Vidal and Pogba doing a lot work with defensive duties in midfield. I just wonder if we used players like Marchisio, Asamoah or even someone completely new in that holding role who had more grunt to breakdown opposition attacks, just maybe we'll see more attacking from Vidal and Pogba. Just food for thought....

Conte can talk about not having wingers etc to change play but the reality is his interpretation of a winger is Pepe. That is a work horse with limited flair and creativeness who is really a semi shift midfielder. I really don't think Conte would be fond of having a super skilful, fast winger who creates a lot but doesn't work hard to get back and do the defensive duties as well. He had Giovinco on bench for a long time who could come on and play out wide and create play...but he never used him. The excuse was always "Pepe" is injured.

Conte has a lot to answer for...as does Marotta...Conte cried out for more players and never got them...but Conte is also stubborn in his ways.

Maybe Lippi has to come back...he seems to be the only person who can make us play in the CL and take us far...even if he did lose 3 finals.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
We'll win one trophy, so it's not all that bad in the end. I'll try to find some positives and Scudetto seems like a nice comfort. Yeah we failed in Europe, no point in denying that. This team should have been capable to make it past group stages comfortably. We have different mindset when playing these European games, that's obvious. Some fear crept inside and I'm afraid it's deeper than just Conte. I hope we make it better next year.

Apologies to @JCK if I went over the board in the heat of a moment. You have been right about some things, so credit goes to you. :hi:

Nov 1, 2002
Conte did most things right. The players had only 1 or 2 moments laps of concentration in both legs and just couldn't score when it counts. They'll be doubting themselves before Conte.
exactly, even though i still 3-5-2 is hugely limiting the current squad potential. we need more quality players, and more patience...you can't just go and thrash European clubs in 2-3 years of Serie A success.

the 90's team was built from years of stability that has been there for years, people forget that we suffered the biggest disaster in Juventus history. we wouldn't make it without Conte. to win or to impress in Europe you need experience and many high quality players. most of our players would not make it to any of the European giants. but we are still a good team and only managed to eliminated mostly by smaller margin except bayern munich match.

in 4-3-3 we have Bonucci as CB and no real LB, no real wingers so maybe Conte is too stubborn for not changing the 3-5-2 to send a message the board that he need a complete team.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We're the most overrated team in Europe and we deserve to be out. Those who are in denial with themselves and will say we were unlucky tonight and a 2-1 is an excellent result away can go and fuck themselves.

This season is a big failure. The passion this guy shows is for nothing when the team play like they did in the second half. We need changes to this team. Starting from the outdated formation and then proceed with injecting some creativity to this team.
:tup: big changes are needed next season. The reason we were eliminated wasn't due to bad luck, but poor finishing, and playing like dopes in the 2nd half and dribbling spastics once they went to 10 men.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Contrary to what people believe 3-5-2 doesn't fit this squad the best. Just give us a few more wingers and LB and this team will be so much better and more quality across the board.

Instead of using a defender and midfielder as wingbacks, lets move them back into their real positions. That would leave us with Licht as a RB and Caceres as his option instead of shitty Isla.

Also if Asamoah was stripped of his wingback duties he'd go into midfield which instantly would give us 2 quality midfielders players off the bench when one of the 3 starters needs rest or isn't playing. We'd also won't have to worry about Peluso being Asamoah's understudy when he's not around.

Same thing with the CB's, move to a back 4 and we'd have Caceres, Ogbonna and Bonucci as options to Barz and Chiellini. That is 3 high quality options off the bench for 2 spots.

The quality and width of the squad would become so much better if we stopped using the 3-5-2. Basically more quality options.
Yep. Been saying that for a while now but hey, I'm not even gonna bother. I'm still haven't watched it since I'm at work and it really saddened me when a friend texted me the news. There's no excuse for what happened.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Juventino★★★;4531248 said:
exactly, even though i still 3-5-2 is hugely limiting the current squad potential. we need more quality players, and more patience...you can't just go and thrash European clubs in 2-3 years of Serie A success.

the 90's team was built from years of stability that has been there for years, people forget that we suffered the biggest disaster in Juventus history. we wouldn't make it without Conte. to win or to impress in Europe you need experience and many high quality players. most of our players would not make it to any of the European giants. but we are still a good team and only managed to eliminated mostly by smaller margin except bayern munich match.

in 4-3-3 we have Bonucci as CB and no real LB, no real wingers so maybe Conte is too stubborn for not changing the 3-5-2 to send a message the board that he need a complete team.
We have more talent and experience than Benfica. Would you agree?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 261)