Antonio Conte (68 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Conte did everything correct in this match, he is not to be blaimed for Marottas inefficiencies...
This is bullshit and you know it, by deploying Llorrente into the starting line-up, he played right into Jesus' hands. Aerial battles against Luisao was always going to be tough. He should've put in Giovinco to run at the defence and get behind the defensive lines. Conte shouldn't have put in Osvaldo and he from the first minute on he told the players to play way too hasty, instead of building up the attack. The players were running around so inefficiently..

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Start with the short corners.
Today was mostly mixed , some short some long , and one i think to vidal .

- - - Updated - - -

litch barzagli chiellini caceres

vidal marchisio
pogba

tevez llorente asamoah/giovinco or isla llorente tevez whatever​
Vidal has scored a lot of goals for us , by playing him as a holding mid we lose that , also by playing on the wing you lose tevez;s threat on goal and he isnt pacey anyway so why him on the wing ? .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Today was mostly mixed , some short some long , and one i think to vidal .
Today! When it really mattered!

Do you know what my parents taught me when I was at school and even when I was getting my university degree? Not to leave my homework and studying for the last minute because it will be too late.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Then move on to learning how to counter-attack, the simplest skill in attack.

True it is the simplest skill , but not when your going from 5-3-2 to 3-5-2 , from say 4-5-1 you can switch to a 4-2-3-1 quickly as your wingers are already in the middle third of pitch but with 5-3-2 they are too far back . So anyway we dont play counter attack we sit deep and build our play from the back possession , if we are pressed we play long balls .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Exactly with what we have , ie tevez and llorente our only attackers . We dont have wingers , we lack that talent up front so we play 3-5-2 which becomes 3-3-4 when you attack to add numerical superiority , but its still licht and asa say instead of di maria and sanchez . And when we defend its 5-3-2 , thus our counter attacks suffer , but we concede less other than some mistakes . Its an extreme formation .
Yup, we have defensive solidity at least in Serie A, while we tend to make unforgivable blunders in Europe, for whatever reason, but it's no secret that we lack one or two guys capable of adding a bit more pace. The fact is people complain and moan, but with players at our disposal we have limited options. Before Conte's arrival this defense, without Licht, conceded 57-60 goals per year and now we keep it under 25. Reverting to a back 5, which as you've said tends to become 3-3-4 vs weaker squads, is logical, but we suffer in attacking phase at times.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yup, we have defensive solidity at least in Serie A, while we tend to make unforgivable blunders in Europe, for whatever reason, but it's no secret that we lack one or two guys capable of adding a bit more pace. The fact is people complain and moan, but with players at our disposal we have limited options. Before Conte's arrival this defense, without Licht, conceded 57-60 goals per year and now we keep it under 25. Reverting to a back 5, which as you've said tends to become 3-3-4 vs weaker squads, is logical.
Do you really still don't know why? Or are you intentionally closing an eye on it?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
True it is the simplest skill , but not when your going from 5-3-2 to 3-5-2 , from say 4-5-1 you can switch to a 4-2-3-1 quickly as your wingers are already in the middle third of pitch but with 5-3-2 they are too far back . So anyway we dont play counter attack we sit deep and build our play from the back possession , if we are pressed we play long balls .
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Do you really still don't know why? Or are you intentionally closing an eye on it?
Because of Conte of course.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Today! When it really mattered!

Do you know what my parents taught me when I was at school and even when I was getting my university degree? Not to leave my homework and studying for the last minute because it will be too late.
Im sure you know its to prevent counter attacking teams like benfica to attack us , but yeah surely can be worked and should be as we have pirlo who has accurate passing and players who can head like llorente .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Always and all the time and all the games no matter the opponent or situation. But that's the only way we can play as you said many times before.

- - - Updated - - -

Im sure you know its to prevent counter attacking teams like benfica to attack us , but yeah surely can be worked and should be as we have pirlo who has accurate passing and players who can head like llorente .
Aah

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Even when he hits a corner to the centre it's rarely dangerous. Rarely gets it just outside the 6 yard box, where it's most dangerous.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Yes we have limited players.But Benfica does not have any better at any position.It is not luck,just luck but the tactics and the approach of the game.It make me sick that we won't be in some European final for ,at least 10 years.
And Conte is becoming another Capello(but with well weaker team) with his tactics.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Vidal has scored a lot of goals for us , by playing him as a holding mid we lose that , also by playing on the wing you lose tevez;s threat on goal and he isnt pacey anyway so why him on the wing ? .
who said anything about vidal or any of the CM not being allowed to attack? :sergio: just be flexible and balanced no need for both CMs always so far ahead of the pitch while leaving the DLP and CBs exposed to counter like the way conte set the team up; why not for example if vidal see opportunity to attack then he attack while the other two cover behind?

who said anything about tevez as winger? :sergio: again ffs people truly have short memories, vucinic played there as well and he didn't play as strict winger in textbook sense :sergio: where have the flexibility and imagination gone to? :sergio: exactly the problem with conte this past 2 years :segio:

we have played with a single mediocre winger alternated between pepe or giach or estigarribia ffs :sergio: in no way I can ever accept that isla or asamoah are in any way significantly inferior to the formers...

again this is exactly conte's problem, or that was all just a coincidence and the reality is indeed conte is this tactically inept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 58)