Antonio Conte (140 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Weaker Teams nowadays just play counterattack against us because they know we can be hurt that way.

Why to risk an open game against our mids and forwards just to get slaughtered...when playing safe defensive football can get you much more?. Bonucci and Chiello are terribad against fast pcaed counterattacking players.

And when faced against really good teams who press heavily... well things just go ugly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Weaker Teams nowadays just play counterattack against us because they know we can be hurt that way.

Why to risk an open game against our mids and forwards just to get slaughtered...when playing safe defensive football can get you much more?. Bonucci and Chiello are terribad against fast pcaed counterattacking players.

And when faced against really good teams who press heavily... well things just go ugly.
So we basically need teams to open up but not press us, sounds like a plan. :D

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Madrid :scared:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah,so just keep quiet and dont jump on to people's posts without reading the entire discussion.

And stop taking my posts out of context.At some point as in,even when we are in a healthy financial situation which will take quite some time,bargain transfers wont win you all and you need to flex your financial muscle to compete with the best.I was speaking generally and not in terms of the current circumstances.

I really dont know why am i even bothering explaining myself to you.Dont come up with some other crap and annoy me again.
Stop acting like a queen boy. I get this "out of context" thing every day here, on purpose. Whilst i misread your post. So there wasent really a need for you to act all this offended and attentioncraving.

And i will still partially disageee. Its indeed true the financial flex is far away. But its not needed with good management. just alot harder

- - - Updated - - -

Then he should do something about it.
I would love to hear how :tongue:

Apart from scoring agains them, i dont really know a way to get a team that parked the bus for a point, to actually move their bus

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Stop acting like a queen boy. I get this "out of context" thing every day here, on purpose. Whilst i misread your post. So there wasent really a need for you to act all this offended and attentioncraving.

And i will still partially disageee. Its indeed true the financial flex is far away. But its not needed with good management. just alot harder

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to hear how :tongue:

Apart from scoring agains them, i dont really know a way to get a team that parked the bus for a point, to actually move their bus
The approach to the game should be changed, he is not supposed to move the bus but instead of shooting at the bus he should find a way to go behind it. This is done by a different approach to every game not the same thing every time. When you play the exact same way each and every time all the teams will learn where to park their bus. After a season and a half with the exact same formation and the exact same approach to each and every game we have become even more predictable than we already are. Maybe that's why Pirlo is being exposed more this season, maybe that's why Asamoah hardly delivers a usedful ball, maybe that's why we take millions of shots on goal but very very few are dangerous.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
wel, with llorente now, i'd definatly go eighter for tevez-llorente, and crossing fullbacks, having the cm's stay out of the box for the offball

And tevez-vucinic with licht+asa against static teams, wresteling it trough

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Then he should do something about it.
Totally. It's ridiculous to sit there and moan about others clubs who are happy to pick up a point against us. It's expected for minnow clubs to set up defensively feeding on scraps. It's Contes job to work out the best possible solution, instead of moaning about it.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
wel, with llorente now, i'd definatly go eighter for tevez-llorente, and crossing fullbacks, having the cm's stay out of the box for the offball

And tevez-vucinic with licht+asa against static teams, wresteling it trough
We don't have crossing fullbacks that are up to the standard needed. Peluso? He's good but he is so weak defensively, Isla? Please. De Ceglie? I don't know why do we even have him and actually let him play, let alone in a Champions League match. I will not mention Asamoah because he is not a full back and regardless of where he plays he is still not a full back. The only full back we have is Lichtsteiner and his crosses are not that good.

Then again, playing Llorente does not change the approach to our game, we are still fielding the same shape, the same key elements to opening up the game, the same way we position ourselves, the same speed we move the ball etc. The only difference is that we would cross and most probably fail at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally. It's ridiculous to sit there and moan about others clubs who are happy to pick up a point against us. It's expected for minnow clubs to set up defensively feeding on scraps. It's Contes job to work out the best possible solution, instead of moaning about it.
He does not only moan about it though, he has moaned about how hard it is to win the title every time he opened his mouth. I don't see Benitez saying it is hard to win the title neither does he say he is going to win. I don't see Mazzari saying how hard it is to win the Scudetto either. Etc. Only Conte is shitting his pants it seems.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Now that is far, far to hard.

We are talking about a team that parks the bus here. So the entire idea is that we can sacrifice that awesomoah on the flank, and add a crosser like peluso.
With peluso and chiellini as backup, just counterattacks are not the biggest issue.

Isla, peluso, both adept crossers. if i would want a wingback that is closer to awesomoah qualitywise ? sure but damn hard to find. zoonigga was a good idea, but then trashtown rapists decided to jail him.

Isla ? promising, dont write off.

However even with lichtnazi and awesomoah, there is still pogby, vidal and cheesio. When the defensive winger is against the line pushing up, they can come to assist, and when he lays it back, they can cross it right in.

In the past, marchisio did that plenty on the right. When llorente scored his goal, vidal did. last time, pogby did it twice

its interesting, how to defend against ?

double up against the wingback and the assisting cm ? sure, then the cm lays it to pirlo/tevez who switches the play to the other side.
Keep doing that, see if they can keep up their marking

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Awesomoah :lol:
I know you like the guy but he's not that good.

- - - Updated - - -

He does not only moan about it though, he has moaned about how hard it is to win the title every time he opened his mouth. I don't see Benitez saying it is hard to win the title neither does he say he is going to win. I don't see Mazzari saying how hard it is to win the Scudetto either. Etc. Only Conte is shitting his pants it seems.
I don't think Conte is that scared of competition. To me it seems he's finding an alibi for eventual failure if not winning title can be labeled as such. In this way he somewhat takes pressure off the team and puts more pressure on opponents, but be sure he will do anything to win a game and that means change of system if needed. Conte is a winner.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
The approach to the game should be changed, he is not supposed to move the bus but instead of shooting at the bus he should find a way to go behind it. This is done by a different approach to every game not the same thing every time. When you play the exact same way each and every time all the teams will learn where to park their bus. After a season and a half with the exact same formation and the exact same approach to each and every game we have become even more predictable than we already are. Maybe that's why Pirlo is being exposed more this season, maybe that's why Asamoah hardly delivers a usedful ball, maybe that's why we take millions of shots on goal but very very few are dangerous.
I think you're right. After all we're a team in a rebuilding phase still (in some way of course). What I mean is we're not Barca to dominate it for a long time without changes. That lack of changes makes it harder for us to win. Just like defenders learned how to defend against Asamoah the same thing is happening to whole Juve. We still win games that's right but make no mistake it's actually harder for us this season. We go down by one goal and then chase the result. Later we wonder why our players need so much rest while other teams barely ever change more than 3 players in their starting lineup.

Some people say Pirlo is not finished yet and yes that's right but we've been exposed and he's been too. Pirlo as a magnificent player works in specific circumstances and that's what Conte delivered. Now that most teams know how to play against us there are no more conditions for him to do his job. Most teams is Serie A mirror our formation which makes them worry little about our forwards as they're usually outnumbered and Pirlo has no space to do his job.

I think it's harder for us to win games this season and I don't think there's a single sane person who'd argue with that. I'm not calling for revolution but something new wouldn't hurt as it would make us less predictable. Conte's job is to find new ways of winning matches because moaning about 'buses' will do exactly the opposite he'd want to see. Every small team will try to upset us because none of those is expecting 3 points against us. One point is fine while winning is a gift. It's Juve who have to win those matches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 135)