Antonio Conte (126 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Totally agree.

Soon, we will have to invest, or find a solution for Pirlo above everyone else, then Barzaglli and Buffon. Also our wingback problem persist.

Thats a hella lot money right there and im not sure if we will be able to cover all those points and stay competitive.
Simple. We'll have to bring in this man.

Attachments

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What cycle ? As far as i'm concerned this year seems like an end of a cycle to me considering our whole game is built around a 34 year old player and its very hard to find a legit replacement.Then you have the Buffon and Barzagli replacements to think about.It doesnt seem as easy as you think.

Also if you people think these bargain buys are enough to keep us competitive in Europe along with the rest of the bunch ,then you people are mistaken.At some point in time we need to do those 30-40m transfers.Bayern last year bought a 40m player which completed their team and went on to win the CL.When we are going to spend big money ? I'm not so sure of that but in present circumstances it seems very unlikely for the next few years unless we sell Vidal or Pogba to oil teams.

Also the difference between Bayern and ourselves is that they had/have a lot of players who hadnt even peaked yet.And you look at Juve and like half of them are on the wrong side of 27-28 bar a few.Red is quite right in what he says tbh.Now is the right time if we can win CL,but its going to be incredibly hard.
Bullshit, this is what got milan nearly bankrupt.
If you have a very competent manager, then you dont need those 30/40 mil deals, that we cannot afford.
Look at vidal, Pogba, Tevez. Let the big guns have a go at it with their million dollar transfers. Madrid bought Bale. But they wont win the CL

Juventus got players like barzagli and pirlo, when they were on a second win in their careers. But its not like we had 27 year old pirlo or barzagli here.
We are transitionning.

Its quite simple. We have a pathetic near 300 mil turnover. We are in a phase were we try to keep as competitive as we can, without going overboard financially.

By the time the continassa is build, 5 years or so from now, we are having a Pogba nearing his prime. vidal/marchisio in their early 30ties
THEN, we should attempt to be huge. Right now we are just transitionning

Totally agree.

Soon, we will have to invest, or find a solution for Pirlo above everyone else, then Barzaglli and Buffon. Also our wingback problem persist.

Thats a hella lot money right there and im not sure if we will be able to cover all those points and stay competitive.
We have a wingback problem ?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Bull$#@!, this is what got milan nearly bankrupt.
If you have a very competent manager, then you dont need those 30/40 mil deals, that we cannot afford.
Look at vidal, Pogba, Tevez. Let the big guns have a go at it with their million dollar transfers. Madrid bought Bale. But they wont win the CL

Juventus got players like barzagli and pirlo, when they were on a second win in their careers. But its not like we had 27 year old pirlo or barzagli here.
We are transitionning.

Its quite simple. We have a pathetic near 300 mil turnover. We are in a phase were we try to keep as competitive as we can, without going overboard financially.

By the time the continassa is build, 5 years or so from now, we are having a Pogba nearing his prime. vidal/marchisio in their early 30ties
THEN, we should attempt to be huge. Right now we are just transitionning
Please read properly as to what i was explaining to the other person before jumping on to my post with your typical idious response.Just STFU.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What cycle ? As far as i'm concerned this year seems like an end of a cycle to me considering our whole game is built around a 34 year old player and its very hard to find a legit replacement.Then you have the Buffon and Barzagli replacements to think about.It doesnt seem as easy as you think.

Also if you people think these bargain buys are enough to keep us competitive in Europe along with the rest of the bunch ,then you people are mistaken.At some point in time we need to do those 30-40m transfers.Bayern last year bought a 40m player which completed their team and went on to win the CL.When we are going to spend big money ? I'm not so sure of that but in present circumstances it seems very unlikely for the next few years unless we sell Vidal or Pogba to oil teams.

Also the difference between Bayern and ourselves is that they had/have a lot of players who hadnt even peaked yet.And you look at Juve and like half of them are on the wrong side of 27-28 bar a few.Red is quite right in what he says tbh.Now is the right time if we can win CL,but its going to be incredibly hard.
Please read properly as to what i was explaining to the other person before jumping on to my post with your typical idious response.Just STFU.
Your 30/40 mil idea is not possible for juventus in at least the next 5 years.

But i understand ur mad for this reason. Dont worry. There is allways real madrid :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like he's getting fed up with teams putting 5000 men behind the ball. Constantly saying it in press conferences.
Logical he says that. provoke teams to do it otherwise

then get shafted

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Perhaps if you had read the last 3 pages,maybe you wouldnt have embarassed yourself like you are going to now :
Most unrealistic poster on here by far, far, far.

I honestly couldn't give a $#@! about the formation issue as long as we are doing the business. Take a look back a couple of years before being so spoiled, we came from absolute dross off the back of enforced financial ruin, and like it or not, are very much finding our feet at the elite level.

We can talk about trying to match Bayern and Barcelona years down the line, plural being more than two, because that's how long it took those teams to build.
at this rate it will only be another ~2 more years imo
That's optimistic, unless you mean as a potential CL winner. Barcelona (late 00s, early 10s) are viewed by some as the best club side ever, whilst Bayern are currently a machine (albeit still unproven under Guardiola).

We could win the CL with the right conditions, as could several other teams.

We could win the CL this season with luck, but to be on 'their level' in all aspects I don't think is too far away.
It is far away.
Soon enough you'll realize that we need to spend big to compete with those clubs and that will take quite a bit of time before wecan afford to do that.
Bayern took some good 5-6 yrs to be at the level they are right now.
Which means i agree that its going take a lot of time before we compete with the best.Which is what i was explaining to him.

Biggest idiot on this forum who comes here imposing his 3rd rate 'peasant opinion' on others.Now get out of my sight asshole.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Wel there is only one established reputated top team in italy currently.
The classic strong teams have died for a while and the new riche isnt recognised.

However, with the strong starts of italy's top4, that can soon change.

Especially napoli, who have shown to be good when countering, and bad when beeing countered.
And even more for inter

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps if you had read the last 3 pages,maybe you wouldnt have embarassed yourself like you are going to now :

Which means i agree that its going take a lot of time before we compete with the best.Which is what i was explaining to him.

Biggest idiot on this forum who comes here imposing his 3rd rate 'peasant opinion' on others.Now get out of my sight asshole.
I was replying to your "at some point in time we need 30/40 min transfers"

I cant see it happen unless the economic climate here changes dramatically, or if continassa surpasses all expectations revenuewise

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Wel there is only one established reputated top team in italy currently.
The classic strong teams have died for a while and the new riche isnt recognised.

However, with the strong starts of italy's top4, that can soon change.

Especially napoli, who have shown to be good when countering, and bad when beeing countered.
And even more for inter

- - - Updated - - -

I was replying to your "at some point in time we need 30/40 min transfers"

I cant see it happen unless the economic climate here changes dramatically, or if continassa surpasses all expectations revenuewise
Yeah,so just keep quiet and dont jump on to people's posts without reading the entire discussion.

And stop taking my posts out of context.At some point as in,even when we are in a healthy financial situation which will take quite some time,bargain transfers wont win you all and you need to flex your financial muscle to compete with the best.I was speaking generally and not in terms of the current circumstances.

I really dont know why am i even bothering explaining myself to you.Dont come up with some other crap and annoy me again.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
But my post was only reflective on the situation in Serie A. I'm well aware it happens with the likes of Barcelona but I and I'm sure Conte was strictly talking about Italy.
I totally understand what you're saying. But why does Conte wanna keep repeating himself in his press conferences about teams parking their buses? Just get on with it. They're not gonna change their set up and try to play football and attack Juve now are they.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I know I just thought I'd air my frustrations about Conte repeating himself in every press conference instead of trying to change our tactics up abit to draw teams out. However it does get annoying when watching the games I was pissed with Verona man marking Pirlo as I like watching him and to basically look to take a player out of the game with their best young midfielder who I would've like to see express himself and see what the hype was about.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We have a wingback problem ?
Defensive wingbacks can only do so much. Part of our game now needs to be played on the wings, and we need more offensive oriented wingbacks for certain situations. You know that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 118)