Antonio Conte (129 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
who are the others? if you say madrid, it's more a case of unwise spending as opposed to spending.

man city, psg, barca have all seen their heavy purchases result in trophies

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Money changed City, Chelsea, PSG, Monaco from nobodies to top teams in a very small time. Ofcoarse it doesnt guarantee trophies but its much easier and quicker to build a top squad by signing whoever you want at whatever cost then by looking for steals and free players. None of the teams I mentioned would have won anything or even competed for anything if it werent for that money building them immense squads.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
and we are already getting 3 years into the cycle. bayern went from not that great mid 2000s to CL final 2010.
What cycle ? As far as i'm concerned this year seems like an end of a cycle to me considering our whole game is built around a 34 year old player and its very hard to find a legit replacement.Then you have the Buffon and Barzagli replacements to think about.It doesnt seem as easy as you think.

Also if you people think these bargain buys are enough to keep us competitive in Europe along with the rest of the bunch ,then you people are mistaken.At some point in time we need to do those 30-40m transfers.Bayern last year bought a 40m player which completed their team and went on to win the CL.When we are going to spend big money ? I'm not so sure of that but in present circumstances it seems very unlikely for the next few years unless we sell Vidal or Pogba to oil teams.

Also the difference between Bayern and ourselves is that they had/have a lot of players who hadnt even peaked yet.And you look at Juve and like half of them are on the wrong side of 27-28 bar a few.Red is quite right in what he says tbh.Now is the right time if we can win CL,but its going to be incredibly hard.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
What cycle ? As far as i'm concerned this year seems like an end of a cycle to me considering our whole game is built around a 34 year old player and its very hard to find a legit replacement.Then you have the Buffon and Barzagli replacements to think about.It doesnt seem as easy as you think.

Also if you people think these bargain buys are enough to keep us competitive in Europe along with the rest of the bunch ,then you people are mistaken.At some point in time we need to do those 30-40m transfers.Bayern last year bought a 40m player which completed their team and went on to win the CL.When we are going to spend big money ? I'm not so sure of that but in present circumstances it seems very unlikely for the next few years unless we sell Vidal or Pogba to oil teams.

Also the difference between Bayern and ourselves is that they had/have a lot of players who hadnt even peaked yet.And you look at Juve and like half of them are on the wrong side of 27-28 bar a few.Red is quite right in what he says tbh.Now is the right time if we can win CL,but its going to be incredibly hard.
Totally agree.

Soon, we will have to invest, or find a solution for Pirlo above everyone else, then Barzaglli and Buffon. Also our wingback problem persist.

Thats a hella lot money right there and im not sure if we will be able to cover all those points and stay competitive.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

If this team is going to do it we need a surprise this season, or a fantastic mercato to set up next season. After that were in a rebuilding phase.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
And there is the key to the success right there.

Supplement your high profile purchases with the proper players from the youth system.

The teams who spend the most, don't always win. I think that has been proven more often than not in the past decade.
Ofcourse not but you still need enough money to compete with the best.Lets not forget Bayern bought Neuer for 25m,Robben for 25m with high wages,Goetze for 37m,Martinez for 40m etc etc to compliment with their quality youth products.And all these are investments such that it can enable them to have a great team for a good 4-5 years without having to look for replacements in the immediate future.

On an overall,we might have spent quite a bit with all those youth deals included and stuff but we havent done a purchase above 18m for quite a while.Is it due to our financial constraints ? you're damn sure it is.We need to be in a position where we need to make those investments you know but we arent in that position yet.

- - - Updated - - -

If this team is going to do it we need a surprise this season, or a fantastic mercato to set up next season. After that were in a rebuilding phase.
Hence why i think it will be quite a while for us to be up there with Bayern and Madrid consistently.Key word-consistently.Because we dont have that big money to just go and spend on ready replacements right now.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We need to punce on this lucky streak we are javing and build for the future. Like Agnelli and Marotta say, this amount of sucess was totaly unexpected. We never could imagine we would short cut to sucess that fast. Lady luck was also on our side with the signings of Barzagli,Lichternier,Pirlo,Vidal, and Pogba. Without taking credit of marotta , those sort of things doesnt happen very often and you can just get so lucky.

If we get asleep and do not pounce on this, we can very much go back to not so succesfull years. We need to take in consideration that while we have been blessed with good mercato moves... other teams like Napoli has been less reliant on luck and have done big cash sells which in return have strengthened their teams considerably, and they still have money to spend.

The good thing is that we have solid advantages that we have built upon the last years in the form of our own stadium and not so far away, the Continassa.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
We've clearly got further than expected, faster than expected. We a seriously lacking in creativity, I'd love to see Grenier and Gorcuff I really would, a DLP and an AM, 4-2-3-1 4-3-3 3-5-2, whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 128)