Antonio Conte (139 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
The 3-5-2 provides safety. With the 3-5-2 Conte knows that the chances of loosing a game are very, very slim. But the problem is that you need to think about winning a match. The 3-5-2 is ok, today we were very, very, very unlucky but the problem that i am seeing (and about 98% of the people here) is that Conte never changes things up when things arent going well in a game. We would be sucking badly and all of the sudden, you see a sub Padoin for Licht and Ogbonna for Barzagli while Quags, Gio, Llorente, players that can help change the formation and shake up the game remain on the bench the full 90 minutes.

This is what makes me angry and irritates me almost every game. Even i know what Contes moves are before he even makes them, imagine the proffesional coaches that are out there and that he will be facing this year.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Carlo Garganese from Goal.com summed it up perfectly, Conte is to blame for Juve wasting the 1st 45 minutes. It's the exact same against Inter it took us 75 minutes before we started to play in that match. Today it took us 45 minutes to start playing. Why do we have to wait for such a long time to start putting men forward and going for it. I'm not going to go on about the 3-5-2 cos i'm sick of begging for a change back to a 4-3-3. It really makes no sense playing 5 defenders against a team like Copenhagen I cant understand it because we will have most of the ball any way and the only way they were going to score was from a set piece like Nordjsland last year. The subs were just terrible on top of all that.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He definitely deserves the criticism he is receiving, but it is only the 1st game FFS, and it's not like we have amazing players on the bench.

I will start worrying about the Llorente situation if he fails to get solid minutes before Christmas.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I thought most were trolling with those anti-Conte comments? If not, I don't know what to say or think :disagree:

This has to be the flakiest group of people I've ever come across.
:tup: Yessir, no doubt about it. Forza Conte! Was off on a couple decisions today imo, but he's our rock. Some crazy talk in here.

Forza Conte, there is nothing i can see that would make me question his choices so far, after 2 amazing seasons the least the man deserves is a full season to be judged/critivcized, last i checked we are still in the hunt on all fronts
Keep bring that common sense, brother. Desperately needed around here. :D

they got very lucky, we played with nerves in the first half but still created plenty, the 2nd half was much better we were very unlucky not to win by a comfortable margin; i really dont understand why people expect us to play like rock stars every single game, it's about overcoming adversity, be it some players not showing up or the other team's keeper doing a superman cameo, and grinding out results.
This is it, really. IMO, Juventus played terribly and still should have won 3-1 or 4-1. Just not our day, welcome to football. Wiland was awesome, great positioning, made himself huge.

Some people forget we had 3 points after 3 games and still topped our group last season. Iirc We were out of the CL at that point :rolleyes:
:lol:

We were dead and buried.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Last year we had struggling Chelsea in our group. A team in transition with young players. It will be extremely difficult taking 4 points from Real Madrid this year.
They were defending champions of Europe and in our first CL match in years we managed to recover from two brilliant goals to salvage a point in London when recently Italian teams have been getting trashed in England.

Reading this forum, some of you supposed "fans" would have one falsely believing that Juve is completely incapable of playing a European match.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Carlo Garganese from Goal.com summed it up perfectly, Conte is to blame for Juve wasting the 1st 45 minutes. It's the exact same against Inter it took us 75 minutes before we started to play in that match. Today it took us 45 minutes to start playing. Why do we have to wait for such a long time to start putting men forward and going for it. I'm not going to go on about the 3-5-2 cos i'm sick of begging for a change back to a 4-3-3. It really makes no sense playing 5 defenders against a team like Copenhagen I cant understand it because we will have most of the ball any way and the only way they were going to score was from a set piece like Nordjsland last year. The subs were just terrible on top of all that.
:tup:

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
They were defending champions of Europe and in our first CL match in years we managed to recover from two brilliant goals to salvage a point in London when recently Italian teams have been getting trashed in England.

Reading this forum, some of you supposed "fans" would have one falsely believing that Juve is completely incapable of playing a European match.
Even though we played Chelsea off the pitch all game and they were lucky to even have 1 goal never mind 2 goals. Chelsea were useless last season when we played them. What matters is now and right now we are terrible and going into games with such a relaxed attitude it's like Conte doesn't want us to win.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
. What matters is now and right now we are terrible and going into games with such a relaxed attitude it's like Conte doesn't want us to win.
Oh yea, we drew today because our players aren't properly motivated to try hard in the fucking Champions league.

They were just Danes so instead of preparing for the match Conte had an off day :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 139)