Antonio Conte (127 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Our best play has always come from the 433...always the most fluid. Our 352 is predictable now.
Predictable is an understatement - Watching the game on TV, you can pretty much guess 95% of our passes.

I will never forget our dominance using the 4-3-3 for a number of games in his first season. Somehow Mazzari convinced him to copy his 3-5-2 before that 3-3 draw that season. I'm not saying to always use 4-3-3 but change things up sometimes for crying out loud!

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Conte has been horrible with subs. They have always been questionable.

Another problem is his stubbornness to try all something new.
i dont get his conservative approach.

i mean this is a guy who played 4-2-4 for most of his coaching career. how can you be that adventurous and then suddenly turn into a paranoid always have 3 Cbs type of guy.

such a sudden change

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
i dont get his conservative approach.

i mean this is a guy who played 4-2-4 for most of his coaching career. you can be that adventerous and then suddenly turn into a paranoid always have 3 Cbs type of guy.

such a sudden change
This is what happens when you want to hold tightly to your past successes - you're unable to think outside the square.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Predictable is an understatement - Watching the game on TV, you can pretty much guess 95% of our passes.

I will never forget our dominance using the 4-3-3 for a number of games in his first season. Somehow Mazzari convinced him to copy his 3-5-2 before that 3-3 draw that season. I'm not saying to always use 4-3-3 but change things up sometimes for crying out loud!
:agree:

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
not every coach(literally none) tries something new each season when they already have a winning formula.

and as much as I (and many others judging by their comments) liked to see a change to 4-3-3 in second half, there were always downsides of limiting tevez's free role, players taking time to adapt in little time and like Dady-SK said not having the right players available (Pepe)..

having said that, we used to be prepared for such occasions, by the looks of it he's spending too much time perfecting the 3-5-2 in training and the results haven't been as rewarding.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Forza Conte, there is nothing i can see that would make me question his choices so far, after 2 amazing seasons the least the man deserves is a full season to be judged/critivcized, last i checked we are still in the hunt on all fronts

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Forza Conte, there is nothing i can see that would make me question his choices so far, after 2 amazing seasons the least the man deserves is a full season to be judged/critivcized, last i checked we are still in the hunt on all fronts
Anyone calling for his head is stupid. But I think it's fair to scrutinise him based on this game.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Anyone calling for his head is stupid. But I think it's fair to scrutinise him based on this game.

they got very lucky, we played with nerves in the first half but still created plenty, the 2nd half was much better we were very unlucky not to win by a comfortable margin; i really dont understand why people expect us to play like rock stars every single game, it's about overcoming adversity, be it some players not showing up or the other team's keeper doing a superman cameo, and grinding out results.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
they got very lucky, we played with nerves in the first half but still created plenty, the 2nd half was much better we were very unlucky not to win by a comfortable margin; i really dont understand why people expect us to play like rock stars every single game, it's about overcoming adversity, be it some players not showing up or the other team's keeper doing a superman cameo, and grinding out results.
Not a fan of us pretending an opposition keeper made super-human saves when most of our shots were right next to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 119)