Anelka Linked to Juve (4 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

i didnt know Anelka was in Liverpool !! .. anyway, Anelka is excellent and should get him "if" he's avilable.

he should and could bench trez.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by P.E.T.O ] ++
with our crappy defense that would be a suicide...

I dont think so. if you have bad defenders you aint gonna pla cattanacio. You need to emphasize the style of play that suits you. If you have bad defenders and good midfielders and forwards it's logical that you're gonna try to outscore the opponend instead of going for a 1-0 score. In our case, offense is the best defense. We need to attack more, hold the ball more and not give away possesion to the other team. How can they score if we have the ball?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

i didnt know Anelka was in Liverpool !! .. anyway, Anelka is excellent and should get him "if" he's avilable.

he should and could bench trez.
He spent half a season there on loan from PSG in 2001/2002.

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
Anelka is a good fit for the 4th striker, i just think 8m is little too expensive for a 4th striker.
He has size and good speed, but his scoring ability is not that good. I remember he always need the second attempt to score on breakaway.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

I dont think so. if you have bad defenders you aint gonna pla cattanacio. You need to emphasize the style of play that suits you. If you have bad defenders and good midfielders and forwards it's logical that you're gonna try to outscore the opponend instead of going for a 1-0 score. In our case, offense is the best defense. We need to attack more, hold the ball more and not give away possesion to the other team. How can they score if we have the ball?
we don't have enough creative players to hold the ball that much, that's why we probably won't use 3 forwards this season...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by 44BigBert ] ++
Anelka is a good fit for the 4th striker, i just think 8m is little too expensive for a 4th striker.
He has size and good speed, but his scoring ability is not that good. I remember he always need the second attempt to score on breakaway.
Anelka is more than good enough to be the 2nd striker in most teams in the world, inclusding Juventus. He's better than Alex, Mico, and maybe even Trezeguet.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

we don't have enough creative players to hold the ball that much, that's why we probably won't use 3 forwards this season...
We have Emerson, Nedved, Kapo, Olivera, Del Piero, Mico... enough to at least try. We cant go out to defend, we'll just get beat, we have to attack to cover up for the lack of a good defense.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Only Emerson, Neddy and DP will play regularly.... Anyway, I'm sure that Capello knows his business... Seeing Juventus playing attacking football sounds really weird... :undecide:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Like I said, you have to adjust to the players you have. it would make no sense trying to mostly defend with our crappy players.

wookie

Aug 5, 2004
yeah, when i say it 4 real, then i thought he was about 39 years old just like mcmanamen and hasselbaink or dwight yorke and andy cole !

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Thats because he's been around for a long time. He Was a great player at PSG with 18, joined Arsenal at 19 for just 750000 €, and was sold to Real at 20 for 30+ mil €. Quite a profit Arsenal made on him. After a year in real he went back to PSG, where he spent half a year, before going to Liverpool. he spent half the season there on loan, and joined Manchester City after that, two years ago.

he's young, but he's changed a lot of clubs and has plenty of experience in the top.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Only Emerson, Neddy and DP will play regularly.... Anyway, I'm sure that Capello knows his business... Seeing Juventus playing attacking football sounds really weird... :undecide:
Capello will play a very balanced team, much like he did with Roma. As for playing a trident attack with Trez, Anelka, and Alex, it might work in the absence of Nedved. But having those four players in the team might be a little risky IMO, and Capello used Totti in Nedved's spot anyway. Unless Nedved would be used in a left midfield position along with Emerson and Blasi next him, but I don't see that happening.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Thats because he's been around for a long time. He Was a great player at PSG with 18, joined Arsenal at 19 for just 750000 €, and was sold to Real at 20 for 30+ mil €. Quite a profit Arsenal made on him. After a year in real he went back to PSG, where he spent half a year, before going to Liverpool. he spent half the season there on loan, and joined Manchester City after that, two years ago.

he's young, but he's changed a lot of clubs and has plenty of experience in the top.
Exactly. I wish Moggi would invest in Nicolas, but I can't see that happening considering his price tag. Unless Moggi could deal Tudor or maybe Kapo for Anelka. :undecide:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)