Anelka Linked to Juve (5 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

That is the reason we need him, Trezeguet is the only real striker we have and he has not performed well for a while now.
so is trez the player who you are waiting for to make juve win , you must be dreaming , he is just waiting for the ball , we need another type of striker who can create chances for himself:(

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
What is it with poeple thinking Anelka cant score? If he couldnt score he wouldnt have played for Arsenal, liverpool and real.

He score 25 goals last season FFS, and the service in City isnt exactly world class.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
anelka definitely can score.it's everything else that's the problem.

i figure we'd actually find his ability to score from range once in a while useful,since i could probably hit a long shot better than trez can dribble.

Illidian

Aug 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
@Illidian: He scored 19 goals for Arsenal in his first EPL season 5 years ago and 25 goals for Manchester City last season. How is that struggeling?
Where is he now?? @ ManCity.....a player with his reputation isn't welcomed here at Juve, he isn't even qualified enough to be a bench warmer, plus Mancity is asking too much for him, which anyways we can't afford. There are many others who can do the same job and may be better and less troublesome for lesser amount of Cash.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
I'm happy that we seem to get S.Inzaghi instead of Anelka, giving players like Iuliano and Zalayeta in the deal sounds perfect to me!!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Illidian ] ++

Where is he now?? @ ManCity.....a player with his reputation isn't welcomed here at Juve, he isn't even qualified enough to be a bench warmer, plus Mancity is asking too much for him, which anyways we can't afford. There are many others who can do the same job and may be better and less troublesome for lesser amount of Cash.
He's more than qualified enough to be a starter, let alone a bench warmer. And besides, he hasnt been any trouble for two years, sometimes you have to accept that some player have big egos, deal with it. And besides, we could afford him, if the story is true. 8 mil pounds is around 12 mil €, which is not much for a player of his age and class.

And there arent many players out there that can do the same job he can, he's easily one of the top 20 european strikers IMO.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

What do you mnea, his attitude or something else?
nothing wrong with him at all as a player,but off the pitch he's a b*tch.

going to a big club again will definitely inflate his ego once more.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Arsenal got rid of him because they bought him for 750000 € and Real Madrid offered them 32 mil €. Not bad, 30 mil € profit on a player after one year. Real god rid of him because he didnt get along with the coach, and Liverpool didnt get rid of him. He was on loan there, and when it finished he decide to join Man City instead where he had less competition.

@Desmond: I dont know, I think he's calmed down a lot over the past few years. He's more experience now, he was only 19 when he was at Real remember, and if he got the chance to play at a top club again I doubt he'd do anything to jeopardize it.

Illidian

Aug 24, 2004
Zlatan if we can pay 12 mil € for Anelka, then why don't we go for Ibrahimovic, Luis Fabiano or even Gilardino anyone of them would cost in that range or even less, and i am sure those 3 are much better players than him on and of the field and younger too. about being a bench warmer, would he accept that?? I very doubt that..

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'd prefer us to get Zlatan or Gilardino, but they would be more expensive and if we cant get them I'd be more than happy with Anelka. Besides, Anelka is better than Zlatan, and roughly the same as Gilardino.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
if anelka truly has toned down and gotten rid of that prima donna attitude then i wouldn't mind getting him instead of luis fabiano or ibrahimovic(who has an attitude problem of his own).

gilardino would still be my first choice though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)