Anelka Linked to Juve (1 Viewer)

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
It's obvious you missed the Netherlands - Sweden and all the fuss afterwards a situation now resolved, but bad nonetheless.
I saw the game, what was the problem with it? VDV injured himself in a situation wher he was behind Zlatan, what was he supposed to do? Why blame Zlatan that VDV later complained to the press, what has that to do with him?

OP
Valley

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #44
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

It could be the best €8m Capello's ever spent.
    It's £8m.

I think he's a good player, but I don't think Juve is right for him.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Not a bad price if you ask me. IMO he's better than Owen who went for the same price.
    Owen sells shirts and stuff and doesn't complain all the time... Anelka maybe better (because he isn't injured so much) but I still don't want him, specilly with that kind of price...

wookie

Aug 5, 2004
    all that discussion make no sense, because we'll never get him . gilardino will never join juve, too .moggi sucks .

yeah, funny nick . o_O

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by P.E.T.O ] ++

Owen sells shirts and stuff and doesn't complain all the time... Anelka maybe better (because he isn't injured so much) but I still don't want him, specilly with that kind of price...

Anelka hasnt been a trouble maker for a while now, he's been pretty calm since he cam to england 2.5 years ago, especially in City.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    He's a very good player IMO. He's very quick, solid dribbler, solid finisher. Would be a great sub for Treze IMO. His only problem is his attitude, but cap could handle him.
    I have to agree. I would take Anelka ahead of Simone Inzaghi for instance. He has a good scoring record, and I'm sure Capello would be able to teach him a lesson.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I think Anelka could solve a lot of problems for us up front. He's more than efficient as a substitute besides being just the frame we need as the go to guy for the smaller guys like dp and nedved. He would be ideal.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Exactly, and as Andy said, he has a good goalscoring record. Scored 19 for Arsenal in his first EPL season when he was just 19, struggeled with injuries a bit, scored 14 in 2002/2003 and 25 goals last season for City, where the service is much worse than in Juve.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    Well, Forssell scored 17 for Birmingham in EPL, and IIRC Beattie scored a lot too, maybe we should get them then... :rolleyes:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I dont know, did Forsell and Beattie play for PSG, Arsenal, Real Madrid and Liverpool, as well as the French NT, helping their respective teams win national and international titles?

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    how the hell did Anelka help France to win international titles?!

£8m for a 3rd or 4th forward is just too much IMO... Besides, Anelka didn't really shine in real for example... OK, he didn't get a proper chance, but still...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    If he was in the team, he helped.

Besides, why does everyone think he'd be a 3rd or a 4th striker? We could very well end up seeing an Anelka-Trezeguet partnership with Del Piero or Miccoli behind them.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    DP doesn't have to earn his place in the team, probably that's why... And Trez made a new contract and his salary reaches the sky now, he won't sit on the bench....

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
    no matter Anelka or Inzaghi , i just want juve can sign a new striker before the season start, with only DP, Miccoli and Trez is not enough. ( I never count on Zayalata )

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Well, they could play together.

Cap used Totti, Cassano and Carew together for a while, he could do the same with these 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)