Anelka Linked to Juve (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I think Anelka has calmed down a lot over the past year or two. Dont forget, he was only 18, 19 when he joined Arsenal, and Real, and it's hard for a young player to cope with the pressure and demands in a top club, and it's understandable that you get a bit of an ego when Real is paying a shitload of money for you at the age of 19.

He's more experienced now IMO, and there havent been ayn problems with him in Manchester City over the last two years. he scored 25 goals last year in a club where he has worse support than he would with us.

I personaly would welcome him with my arms open.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Do you remember how long his transfer to Real took. He is a good striker no question. He starts at Man City and is a very important player for them.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
To be perfectly honest, I rate Anelka very high, even higher than the likes of Trezeguet, Saha or Cisse.

In my book, he's the best French striker after Henry.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Who says he'd be on the bench? No player in the squad is guaranteed a starting place. He has a good goalscoring record, he score 19 for Arsenal, 25 for Man Citeh, he scored for real, he scored for PSG, he scored for Liverpool, he's more than good enough to compete with Trezeguet. He might just be in the first 11.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
The thing about Anelka is that he needs to be guaranteed a starting position to be happy, he can't take being put on the bench without causing a fuss. He's good enough for Juve as a footballer IMO but I'm worried about he's mental state. Don't think he got what it takes.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++

Zlatan is nowhere near as arrogant as Anelka, not in the same way atleast. Anelka fights with his coaches, refuses to sit on the bench, have to change team every season whilst Zlatan doesn't like journalists. A big difference.
It's obvious you missed the Netherlands - Sweden and all the fuss afterwards a situation now resolved, but bad nonetheless.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

It's obvious you missed the Netherlands - Sweden and all the fuss afterwards a situation now resolved, but bad nonetheless.

Whats so bad about it?, VdV was the reason behind it, he should never entered the duel that way. But as long as Zlatan has this bad guy reputation then guys like VdV can just say he was completely mad, and everyone believes it.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

Whats so bad about it?, VdV was the reason behind it, he should never entered the duel that way. But as long as Zlatan has this bad guy reputation then guys like VdV can just say he was completely mad, and everyone believes it.
Why was VdV the reason behind it ?! + Zlatan lashed out against Heitinga and Sneijder as well.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
don't forget that the team is in a transitional period and anelka will not get the sort of role in the team he wants.everyone will see some of the bench and he won't settle for it.

davids didn't.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
The thing about Anelka is that he needs to be guaranteed a starting position to be happy, he can't take being put on the bench without causing a fuss. He's good enough for Juve as a footballer IMO but I'm worried about he's mental state. Don't think he got what it takes.
He's been remarkable settled at Man City, despite the team being utter rubbish. Part of that is Kevin Keegan, who could convince a particularly bad-tempered rattle-snake to play some good passing football (even if he couldn't get it to defend ;)), but I think Analka has mellowed a bit. He's one of the most talented strikers (in the box-hugging sense of the word) I've ever watched play, but he's wasted a lot of it. It could be the best €8m Capello's ever spent. Or it could be a total waste of time. Personally, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Have you ever seen Anelka play? You're either blind or know nothing about football if you'd rather have Inzaghino. No offence.
See the perspective!, maybe he wants Inzaghi because he is cheaper and not a troublemaker. The rest of the money could be used for a defender which is more needed. With Inzaghi, the possibility for Gilardino next season is higher too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)