Android (2 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
A bunch of apps keep crashing on my Samsung J7: Football Italia and Juventus app for example. Gmail works until I try to compose an email.

On Chrome I get the "Aw, Snap! Something went wrong..." message on most sites, or when I do a Google search, yet Tuz works fine and Facebook is fine until a video plays. But when I use the Samsung browser, there are no problems.

Other apps like Youtube and Whatsapp are working as normal, so I figure it's not a problem of RAM or whatever.

I restarted the phone of course, cleared the apps' caches, even uninstalled and reinstalled, but no luck.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
A bunch of apps keep crashing on my Samsung J7: Football Italia and Juventus app for example. Gmail works until I try to compose an email.

On Chrome I get the "Aw, Snap! Something went wrong..." message on most sites, or when I do a Google search, yet Tuz works fine and Facebook is fine until a video plays. But when I use the Samsung browser, there are no problems.

Other apps like Youtube and Whatsapp are working as normal, so I figure it's not a problem of RAM or whatever.

I restarted the phone of course, cleared the apps' caches, even uninstalled and reinstalled, but no luck.

Any ideas what the problem could be?
Do you remember when it started and maybe the trigger. An update perhaps it or some app you installed? Have you tried to clear the system cache?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Do you remember when it started and maybe the trigger. An update perhaps it or some app you installed? Have you tried to clear the system cache?
It started less than a week ago. No recent updates and the only app I installed recently is Kodi, so I could watch Marty's streams :D I uninstalled that, cleared the caches of the apps that don't work, cleared the system cache, did something I googled called "wiping cache partition", but nothing :boh:

My next step may be factory reset.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It started less than a week ago. No recent updates and the only app I installed recently is Kodi, so I could watch Marty's streams :D I uninstalled that, cleared the caches of the apps that don't work, cleared the system cache, did something I googled called "wiping cache partition", but nothing :boh:

My next step may be factory reset.
reset it. it'll do miracles to the phone. i often perform a clean install every 3-4 months to keep the system fresh.

be sure to backup all necessary data first.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The Honor 10 has some great reviews and seems to be well priced. The xiaomi m1 8 lite sound interesting though.
you could get them for the same price? the honor 10 is an obvious choice in that case. my main concerns with the 10: no oled, no ip rating, meh fingerprint sensor (you might wanna read about it or try it before buying, it's sluggish af) and the custom operating system is not everyone's cup of tea. a solid phone nonetheless.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The Galaxy fold is gonna be a disaster, isn't it?
Props to the early adopters for forking out a lot of money for that first gen device with all the flaws it's gonna ship with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)