Android (12 Viewers)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I bet the complaint is about the camera or battery life.
Nah man, the phone is good overall, but it's just that I sorely miss having the ability of having more than just 16gb of space. And on top of that a lot music softwares to transfer your playlist from me mac to me phone don't work on the nexus. I finally figured it out, but overall I'm not that satisfied. My number 1 priority is music+phone and the music doesn't deliver for me. Google music sucks CAMEL BALLS, and there's a couple albums I downloaded straight onto my phone and it mixed around the names on it's own. For example a Bob song named under a Snoop Dogg song, shit just fucks with me like that.

Either ways gonna get me an Ipod or someshit.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Nah man, the phone is good overall, but it's just that I sorely miss having the ability of having more than just 16gb of space. And on top of that a lot music softwares to transfer your playlist from me mac to me phone don't work on the nexus. I finally figured it out, but overall I'm not that satisfied. My number 1 priority is music+phone and the music doesn't deliver for me. Google music sucks CAMEL BALLS, and there's a couple albums I downloaded straight onto my phone and it mixed around the names on it's own. For example a Bob song named under a Snoop Dogg song, $#@! just $#@!s with me like that.

Either ways gonna get me an Ipod or some$#@!.
If you're low on memory check this out.

As for the software part...try another music player? There's like a ton of them though I've never experienced something like you're describing.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I recommend Poweramp as a music player.

As for your music being mixed around, chances are it's because of the metadata tags in your music files. Use something like mp3tag to organise it properly.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Nah man, the phone is good overall, but it's just that I sorely miss having the ability of having more than just 16gb of space. And on top of that a lot music softwares to transfer your playlist from me mac to me phone don't work on the nexus. I finally figured it out, but overall I'm not that satisfied. My number 1 priority is music+phone and the music doesn't deliver for me. Google music sucks CAMEL BALLS, and there's a couple albums I downloaded straight onto my phone and it mixed around the names on it's own. For example a Bob song named under a Snoop Dogg song, $#@! just $#@!s with me like that.

Either ways gonna get me an Ipod or some$#@!.
I think you are confused. You are talking about a music player. I just renewed mine and it rocks.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6,048
    You're wondering if there exist people who just want to listen to audio without checking facebook on the tram? We're a minority.
    That's not what I was wondering because with a phone you can listen to audio without checking Facebook, it's not an obligation to using a smartphone you know....

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6,055
    I am not just bullshitting you, it's out of experience. If you are getting something from your mp3 player that a smart phone cannot provide then I am not interested in what it is. The fact remains that smart phones play all audio file formats and support all other protocols or whatever parameters with audio files.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I am not just bullshitting you, it's out of experience. If you are getting something from your mp3 player that a smart phone cannot provide then I am not interested in what it is. The fact remains that smart phones play all audio file formats and support all other protocols or whatever parameters with audio files.
    I'm not disputing that. I just like the idea of an audio player, special made for that purpose. I don't want a media device with video and lord knows what else; every new feature is a distraction from making an audio player that's great at audio. Not the mechanical process of decoding mp3, but a good physical design too. Audio players don't stand out by whether they can or cannot play mp3 or flac, they stand out by how convenient they are to use, to navigate your files, fit in your pocket, battery life etc. But I'm pretty sure all this is obvious to you.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6,059
    I'm not disputing that. I just like the idea of an audio player, special made for that purpose. I don't want a media device with video and lord knows what else; every new feature is a distraction from making an audio player that's great at audio. Not the mechanical process of decoding mp3, but a good physical design too. Audio players don't stand out by whether they can or cannot play mp3 or flac, they stand out by how convenient they are to use, to navigate your files, fit in your pocket, battery life etc. But I'm pretty sure all this is obvious to you.
    If you like the idea to have a separate device for audio, it does not mean that mobile phones suck.

Don't you find it a bit strange that you want a device to only play audio when you just mentioned that you got iAudio 9 that plays audio, video and beyond?

I am not sure what you are saying is obvious to me, the mobile phones I rate have a good design, fit in the pocket and with the many Android interfaces that I have used not a single time I had trouble browsing and navigating. To be honest, I find them with a much better interface than any music device I've had previously.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Don't you find it a bit strange that you want a device to only play audio when you just mentioned that you got iAudio 9 that plays audio, video and beyond?
    That's why I mentioned it. I wish they didn't bother with video, for example.

If you like the idea to have a separate device for audio, it does not mean that mobile phones suck.
    They do suck as a replacement for what I want. That doesn't mean they suck in general.

I am not sure what you are saying is obvious to me, the mobile phones I rate have a good design, fit in the pocket and with the many Android interfaces that I have used not a single time I had trouble browsing and navigating. To be honest, I find them with a much better interface than any music device I've had previously.
    Okay. I don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)