Android (16 Viewers)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
On the contrary, I really can't stand Samsung, which is the reason why I'm no longer using the GNex.
Word.

I was actually surprised by the work LG had done when the Nexus 4 came out. A beast of a phone with no hardware issues what so ever, contrary to what Samsung had done before on both Nexus phones they manufactured. A whole bunch of screen, heat, battery..etc.

IMO LG is one of the most underrated manufacturers in the current market. Undeserved really considering.

Buy on AliExpress.com

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Does anyone have Motorola? I remember they made some really awful devices.
My current phone is Moto xt910 Razr and it's easily the best phone i had so far (it's not like i had many smartphones though). Battery is non-removable what i found rather weird at first but to be honest i in 2 years i own it i had 0 freezes. Kevlar on the back feels great and it's very comfortable to hold the phone due to the top bulge that holds the camera.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Does anyone have Motorola? I remember they made some really awful devices.
I had a couple of them a while back. Loved my Atrix 4g, a beast of a phone. Can't say the same about it's late successor though, the Atrix Hd. That one sucked bad.

Though recently, Motorola hit the jackpot on thier new phone, the Moto X. It's still a big hit in the US even though the phone has been out for almost a year now. They've changed the way Android is supposed to work, check it out.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Word.

I was actually surprised by the work LG had done when the Nexus 4 came out. A beast of a phone with no hardware issues what so ever, contrary to what Samsung had done before on both Nexus phones they manufactured. A whole bunch of screen, heat, battery..etc.

IMO LG is one of the most underrated manufacturers in the current market. Undeserved really considering.
I really can't stand LG which is the reason why I am still on my Gnex.
From personal experience having owned Sony, Samsung, LG, HTC I can say without a shadow of a doubt; LG is probably the best vendor when you compare hardware inside phones + prices and software optimization. HTC is on par as far as software is concerned, but Samsung is god damn awful, Sony is so-so. But when you throw in the mix the fact LG's phones are more often than not 20-30% cheaper, LG is the clear winner, IMO. They do make an ugly UI and may not be the fastest updaters out there, but their software is thoroughly tested, rock stable, smooth as butter. Throw in Nova launcher + Xposed and you get AOSP experience. The default 4.2.2 on my G2 is so good, I don't give a rats ass about android version. They've cured my flashing obsession. Oh and with light usage, I charge my phone once in 4 days. :toast:

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
On my previous phone i had some prehistoric version od tapatalk, now i installed the latest one but when i check the latest posts feed the preview shows pictures from the first post of the thread, wtf? Is there a way to hide them? Or should i download some previous version?

$uploadfromtaptalk1390596991992.jpg

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
From personal experience having owned Sony, Samsung, LG, HTC I can say without a shadow of a doubt; LG is probably the best vendor when you compare hardware inside phones + prices and software optimization. HTC is on par as far as software is concerned, but Samsung is god damn awful, Sony is so-so. But when you throw in the mix the fact LG's phones are more often than not 20-30% cheaper, LG is the clear winner, IMO. They do make an ugly UI and may not be the fastest updaters out there, but their software is thoroughly tested, rock stable, smooth as butter. Throw in Nova launcher + Xposed and you get AOSP experience. The default 4.2.2 on my G2 is so good, I don't give a rats ass about android version. They've cured my flashing obsession. Oh and with light usage, I charge my phone once in 4 days. :toast:
Exactly :tup:

Oh and only love for Xposed :sheik: Out of curiosity though, did you really adjust to those power and volume rocker buttons on the G2? Amazing phone and an outstanding battery life but the placement of those buttons always stepped on my nerve. Never got used to them.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Exactly :tup:

Oh and only love for Xposed :sheik: Out of curiosity though, did you really adjust to those power and volume rocker buttons on the G2? Amazing phone and an outstanding battery life but the placement of those buttons always stepped on my nerve. Never got used to them.
To be honest I use those buttons like 5% of the time. Double tap the screen to wake the phone, double tap to turn it off. I don't think I'll ever be able to use a physical key to do those things again. As for volume buttons..I seldom use them, there are volume sliders inside every app so I don't see the point. Though the buttons are very well placed, it's really convenient to use them(should one desire to do so).

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
As long as they don't slap their ugly UI on the Motorola phones, I think they'll do well. Their products are built like tanks.
I wonder what @Dru has to make of it. His favourite PC manufacturer owning his most hated phone manufacturer :D

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
As long as they don't slap their ugly UI on the Motorola phones, I think they'll do well. Their products are built like tanks.
I wonder what @Dru has to make of it. His favourite PC manufacturer owning his most hated phone manufacturer :D
Here here :agree:

I don't see them porting anything to Moto, quite the opposite actually. If anything, they bought it to expand on their recent success. If they continue on their previous path with great build quality and specs plus integrating the new Moto handset patents, they'll become a giant in the smartphone market in no time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)