Android (9 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,831
    Why would a guy working for Panasonic get from work a pre-production Samsung product?

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,833
    Times have changed Jack. After six years with Panny, I moved on and work at Samsung Middle East HQ now. Regional Product Manager for Home Appliances. It's been six months. :)
    I bet you know a friend of mine then. Ralph Dagher, do you know him?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
    Ok so, I got a Samsung Galaxy 3 a couple days ago, and I can't connect to any wi-fi network it keeps saying "authentication error has occured" and I can't download apps says "waiting on network". I searched through the net and tried everything they said (at least what I understood) and nothing works. And I'm also trying to download this Final Fantasy 3 game and I paid 15$ for it...if shit doesn't go through...:sergio:

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh you should have seen him. He was such a fanboy for Panasonic. :D
    :lol:

That's so true!!

My friends always joke about it with me that I was such a Panasonic fanboy, then jumped ship!! :howler: :D

Anyway, six years was enough, and it was time for a change. Funnily enough, after I left, my ex-boss travelled back home to Japan, the entire dept I was in charge of collapsed, and everyone got "horizontally" shifted to different roles etc.

Anyhow, I'm much happier where I am. :)

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,838
    But the Panasonic TVs are still 10 times better than what Samsung can dream of.

Oct 3, 2004
    But the Panasonic TVs are still 10 times better than what Samsung can dream of.
    Ok I'm not sure you're pulling my leg here :D

In any case, yes I admit the Panny TV's were/are AWESOME.

Samsung are focusing a lot on the interactivity factor. You can download so many apps on the TV like Angry Birds, games, weather apps, maps, movie content...even customised movie content for Arab viewers...and now with motion control you literally wave your hands and fingers around to change channel/volume (though that might be useless since 99% of us use receivers to change channel and volume). Quality wise it is amazing. I just disagree with the Plasma TV direction. Again quality is good. Put it next to a window/sunlight? You'll need curtains to stop the glare which is annoying due to the reflective glass panels. Plus it gets extreeeemely hot.

LED? Fair enough, but they're just waaay too expensive as they are made in Japan, and are not too content oriented like Samsung. (just the basics, YouTube, Facebook, Picasa...though personally as a consumer I really don't care about apps and content for my TV)

Samsung's LEDs are just about the same quality as Panasonic's but not all are made in Korea, hence you can find affordable models.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)