Android (10 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
:lol: I'm saying usually you pay more if you get a fucking iPhone. How is that so hard to understand? I don't give a fuck about the market but about what I'm spending.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
:lol: I'm saying usually you pay more if you get a fucking iPhone. How is that so hard to understand? I don't give a fuck about the market but about what I'm spending.
Yes I get what your saying but you act like its because of the iphone and it isnt so to make your statements about the iphone being more expensive thats inaccurate. You should say carriers rape me for the iphone because they suck

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
They rape because they carry the iPhone and people will buy em regardless of plans. That in turn means you get to pay more if you want to have an iPhone.

Unless you buy it unlocked but then you're still spending a shitload of money at once.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
They rape because they carry the iPhone and people will buy em regardless of plans. That in turn means you get to pay more if you want to have an iPhone.

Unless you buy it unlocked but then you're still spending a shitload of money at once.
ok so once again we discussed the iphone unlocked versus equal android phones price is the same if not more for android on the majority, and you said it yourself they charge more because people will pay it

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, they do that all the time. The product life cycle for these smartphones are really low.
Yeah. I hope to change my next year for a top level Android if I get a job, if not I'll probably keep it two years.

well yes but thats also apples strength one hardware one software one maker
Sure, if you count Samsung, Panasonic, Sanyo, Sharp, Intel... who all make parts for the iPhone as one maker... not a single hardware part is made by Apple.

Overpriced I dont see how, and weakness, their the most valuable company in the world and have the most cash because of their decisions.
They're more expensive then the Android phones of the same class, and more expensive than top of the line Androids.

the plans are from the provider not apple
The providers have to pay Apple for the phones... If they have to pay more the plans are more expensive.

Thats not apples fault.
Like I said, more expensive plans are also because the phone is more expensive for the providers.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
ok so once again we discussed the iphone unlocked versus equal android phones price is the same if not more for android on the majority, and you said it yourself they charge more because people will pay it

I just checked newegg.com: iPhone 4 is 599 US$, SGS II 599 US$, SGS I is 429 US$, all unlocked.

SGS II is the best phone. That means the iPhone overpriced. Your misstake is that you're comparing the iPhone 4 to the SGS II, when it should be compared to the SGS I.

Its like saying Mercedes are not overpriced because they cost the same as a BMW, but you're comparing a Mercedes E class with a BMW 7.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,592
    Better is debatable. I am going back to iOS after being with android for over the past year, yes there isnt as much customization to iOS but the OS is rock solid and does what it needs to do. Apps never have conflicts with one another or the OS, their is no bloatware on iOS and their is no hardware skins like sense or blur which adds another layer of bugs. I will trade that extra customization for rock solid stability and usability
    You have said that already several times in this thread, why don't you go post how great iOS is in the iPhone thread and leave us miserable gits in peace?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Apple is for suckers. iPhones are boring in comparison to Androids and macs are full of unnecessary features. If someone is too stupid to understand how to look after a PC or Android then I guess the iPhone/Mac will suit their small, unimaginative brain perfectly.

Kosta

The Eccentric
    Jul 16, 2006
    I'm seriously considering getting it because of this, it is supported by latest Cyanogen Mod 7.
    The only down side I can think of is 256K screen and 1250 mAh battery, but I can live with it. :)

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
    Yeah. I hope to change my next year for a top level Android if I get a job, if not I'll probably keep it two years.

Sure, if you count Samsung, Panasonic, Sanyo, Sharp, Intel... who all make parts for the iPhone as one maker... not a single hardware part is made by Apple.

They're more expensive then the Android phones of the same class, and more expensive than top of the line Androids.

The providers have to pay Apple for the phones... If they have to pay more the plans are more expensive.

Like I said, more expensive plans are also because the phone is more expensive for the providers.
    On our providers in the US the plans are the same for android or iPhone and as you showed above the unlocked price is the same , you stating the the SGS2 is better is subjective and not fact. So your premise may work in your country but in ours the price for a plan doesn't change for the type of phone only if its a smartphone or not.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    On our providers in the US the plans are the same for android or iPhone and as you showed above the unlocked price is the same , you stating the the SGS2 is better is subjective and not fact. So your premise may work in your country but in ours the price for a plan doesn't change for the type of phone only if its a smartphone or not.
    Which is a good thing for US consumers. At least there is a level playing field somewhere. In a few short years the pricing of data plans will be minimal and voice plans will be negligible-- in the US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)