Android (13 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
True, I'm just hoping it doesn't get too old too soon. :D

Should be good though, by the next two years when I'm ready for a new one they'll probably have come out with some insane things.
Thanks to Android being open source, community support will ensure you use your phone for a long time due to the updated software they provide.

That's what I'm planning to do. Stick with the Desire for another year, and then go for an insane phone that'll be out in mind 2012. :D
well with android its really low with iOS its at least a year
You do have to keep in mind that Apple only has one device to worry about, whereas manufacturers who have adopted Android have many phones. So it's not really fair comparing the life cycle of both.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Thanks to Android being open source, community support will ensure you use your phone for a long time due to the updated software they provide.

That's what I'm planning to do. Stick with the Desire for another year, and then go for an insane phone that'll be out in mind 2012. :D

You do have to keep in mind that Apple only has one device to worry about, whereas manufacturers who have adopted Android have many phones. So it's not really fair comparing the life cycle of both.
well yes but thats also apples strength one hardware one software one maker

Apr 15, 2006
well yes but thats also apples strength one hardware one software one maker
That's also their weakness. Lack of variety, and an overpriced phone. Reaches out to lesser people than Android phones. It's taken Apple 4 years to even think about releasing a mid-range, comparatively cheaper phone. While their brand status makes up for it a little, they're missing out on a huge market.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
That's also their weakness. Lack of variety, and an overpriced phone. Reaches out to lesser people than Android phones. It's taken Apple 4 years to even think about releasing a mid-range, comparatively cheaper phone. While their brand status makes up for it a little, they're missing out on a huge market.
Overpriced I dont see how, and weakness, their the most valuable company in the world and have the most cash because of their decisions.

Apr 15, 2006
Overpriced I dont see how, and weakness, their the most valuable company in the world and have the most cash because of their decisions.
It's common knowledge that iPhones are overpriced, mate. An unlocked iPhone here costs me 35000 rupees, while the Galaxy S2 is 30000.

The iPhone is not their only revenue stream. They got Mac books, iMacs, and patent lawsuits to bring in more money.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
i still dont see how? if your getting a comparable android it will cost the same if not more on the android side Galaxy S2 almost 1000 dollars 32G iphone 4 799.00
Oh of course but what bothers me so much about iPhone and Apple in general is iTunes, it makes everything more complicated. For example: I'm at my friend's place and I want to copy a song from his PC to my phone and I can't because he doesn't have iTunes.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
But that's still just one phone. What about the Desire HD? HTC Sensation? or the original Samsung Galaxy S? All cheaper than the iPhone 4.
their all about the same price here in US unlocked so I dont see how they are much cheaper, maybe a few were 50 dollars cheaper but basically the same price here an iphone 4 goes for 699 for the 16G and 799 for the 32G all the others fall between those two prices

Apr 15, 2006
their all about the same price here in US unlocked so I dont see how they are much cheaper, maybe a few were 50 dollars cheaper but basically the same price here an iphone 4 goes for 699 for the 16G and 799 for the 32G all the others fall between those two prices
I'll just leave it at that cos we;re obviously discussing price points in 2 different regions with varying economic conditions.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah, but for that same price you get a lot more with an Android. And the plans with the iPhone rip you off.

It's a neat phone and has the cool factor but Android is really experiencing a boom. I like mine more than the iPhone now that I got it while at first I felt that I was settling for it. I almost got the Blackberry Bold too, thinking that the only touchscreen worth getting was the iPhone.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Yeah, but for that same price you get a lot more with an Android. And the plans with the iPhone rip you off.

It's a neat phone and has the cool factor but Android is really experiencing a boom. I like mine more than the iPhone now that I got it while at first I felt that I was settling for it. I almost got the Blackberry Bold too, thinking that the only touchscreen worth getting was the iPhone.
the plans are from the provider not apple

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)