Android (10 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
On our providers in the US the plans are the same for android or iPhone and as you showed above the unlocked price is the same , you stating the the SGS2 is better is subjective and not fact. So your premise may work in your country but in ours the price for a plan doesn't change for the type of phone only if its a smartphone or not.

First of all, the SGS II is much newer thatn the iPhone 4. Secondly, at the time it came out the iPhone 4 was directly competing with the SGS I, which was even slightly better in some tests.

SEcondly, the SGS II is a dual core phone and has superior hardware to the iPhone 4, that only the iPhone 5 now will reach, that alone is enough to put it in a higher class.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Guys, big problem I need your help with.

I have a 16 gb external micro sd card. My cousin had his wedding over the weekend and I was recording it with my phone and the first pictures and videos were fine (I recorded it in 1080 p). However, later on the pictures and videos I took could not be opened. When I try to open the images in irfanview it says cant read file header or unknown file type and also for the videos it says unsupported file type.

On the files it still says how big they are, but I just cant open them. When I recorded some videos afterwards on the internal memory they were fine.

Any way to recover the files?

Apr 15, 2006
My phone is now 1 year old! :touched:

Still got about 3 months of warranty left though. Need to get it replaced cos the Menu button is acting up.

Sheik, HTC Desire Z, thoughts? the 800mhz processor isn't an issue for me.
Good phone but somehow big.
This. But since you're OK with it, I think you'll be happy with the phone. The keypad feels great too.
Guys, big problem I need your help with.

I have a 16 gb external micro sd card. My cousin had his wedding over the weekend and I was recording it with my phone and the first pictures and videos were fine (I recorded it in 1080 p). However, later on the pictures and videos I took could not be opened. When I try to open the images in irfanview it says cant read file header or unknown file type and also for the videos it says unsupported file type.

On the files it still says how big they are, but I just cant open them. When I recorded some videos afterwards on the internal memory they were fine.

Any way to recover the files?
Unfortunately, I do not know of recovery software, so hope someone else pitches in.

Juve Fanatico

Aug 20, 2010
My uni's WLAN requires a proxy and I want to switch proxy on only when I'm on campus, and not to have to type the proxy everyday and erase it when I leave.

So is there an app or a widget that switches proxy on and off?

I tried to look around but I couldn't find anything.

Juve Fanatico

Aug 20, 2010
I tried that. I was thinking something like a button that turns proxy on or off. Something like how proxy works on Internet Explorer where you have a check-box in LAN settings that you check when you need to use proxy, and the previous proxy is saved there.

And no, my phone is not rooted. I'm still new to this and I still don't feel the need to root the phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)