Android (15 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
icεmαή;2445319 said:
I want a Droid so bad...
No you don't

The DROID AKA Milestone is huge and actually not too impressive spec wise. But then again it's a Moto product.

The entire DROID marketing scheme was an Apple-like method. Verizon and Moto teamed up with Lucasfilm (if you don't know who that is then I'm gonna have to whoop dat ass) to put together the entire marketing campaign. But at the end of the day the phone doesn't live up the the hype.

Here is a good way to get the size comparison of the DROID. I would suggest waiting until 2.1 comes standard on all Android phones, which will start this summer.

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Motorola-MILESTONE-US-phone-size-compare-pc_4331.html

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Motorola has played the mobile market with only 2 significant handsets - the v60 and the RAZR. Other than that its been lackluster and disappointing. They continually put out phones with poor builds, hardware and software. Its like they do it just to say they did it. I wouldn't be surprised to see their P/L statements on their consumer mobile handset division for the Americas alone. A whole lotta hurting going on in Moto world.

At least they have their other business units to fall back on.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Me neither

They tried so hard for so many years to overtake Nokia's market share in the consumer mobile sector yet they just could not keep up or compete.

Although Moto chips, radios, modems, routers, receivers are great products. And most mobile phones have Moto parts in them so they should stick to making components instead of complete handsets.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #269
    Yea I know, I built a robot with a Motorola HC11 and I know how good their chips are but their complete handsets are just lame.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    Considering that when it comes to phones you guys are more experienced and smarter than I am, I am going to wait...
    Here's a question. How hard is to type on a touchscreen phone? I would prefer a keyboard to a touch screen phone any day. One of the reasons I liked Droid in the first place. But as I have no experience on the new gen HTC and other touch only phones, I would like to know if its a pain. I do text a lot...

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #271
    icεmαή;2446892 said:
    Considering that when it comes to phones you guys are more experienced and smarter than I am, I am going to wait...
    Here's a question. How hard is to type on a touchscreen phone? I would prefer a keyboard to a touch screen phone any day. One of the reasons I liked Droid in the first place. But as I have no experience on the new gen HTC and other touch only phones, I would like to know if its a pain. I do text a lot...
    At first it is a bit strange but one learns fast. I have no problem typing at all anymore.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    icεmαή;2446892 said:
    Depends on the phone

Like Jack said, you get used to it but only if the device you're using has a good virtual keyboard loaded. The iPhone and the Hero had the best touch screen keyboards I've used with the iPhone coming out on top. Personally I prefer physical keys because I txt and type on my phone constantly.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #279
    I have HTC Magic and it's kick ass, the Desire should be 100 times better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)