Android (14 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I know it's not about CDMA but if I get a GSM phone I can just get a sim card and use a phone without getting a contract with a provider where as if I keep getting CDMA phones I'll have to get on a contract to get a service.

edit: Which makes me think; Dru, I know you go through phones all the time...how do you do it? I assume you're not on a contract with anyone.
Nope, I'm month-to-month with T-Mo I am considering leaving but the best rates are with either Sprint or T-Mo. Its gonna be a tough decision come next month

Anything can be seen as an improvement when you start from zero :D

600% or 100000% -- Moto still blows and swallows all the while plaguing the consumer market with shitty phones :p

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
What's new with the Droid 2? I saw it on twitter and now I'm a bit curious. I wish we had Verizon here, Rogers carries shit all. :(
Its got a new bumped up processor, Android 2.2 out of the box, plays flash, supports multi touch and has a better keypad (apparently) compared to the original Droid.

You don't want a phone the size of a toaster oven. Trust me, you're not missing out on anything
Don't listen to him Christina! He's just a Motorola hater :stuckup:
The Droid 2 is the same size as the Nexus One (its thicker of course because of the qwerty keypad). I think you are talking about the Droid X. I agree, thats a toaster oven.
I still love you Dru :oops:

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Ah cool. My keypad sometimes freezes up for a few seconds and that can get pretty annoying. I don't know if anyone would want my phone though, since the back is half on and half off. :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Anyone else here using Swype?

Pure magic, and one of the best ways to show off to envious iPhone users. It's so much fun to nonchalantly Swype a message and enjoy their reactions as they try to act like they're not jealous.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It's still in beta, so hopefully it'll improve even more.

The only annoying thing is that it has a separate dictionary and you can only add and modify new words, but not the default ones. My biggest grievances are "thee" instead of "the" and "iud" instead of "is".

Still, a heck of a timesaver, and like I mentioned, it makes me feel like James Bond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)