Android (25 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
In the words of dru, it's as big as your face! :D
agreed, not denying its awesome but i seriously think people who use it like a phone and put it on there ears look quite hmmmm whats the word i'm looking for RETARDED!!! :D

i've swapped to cyanogen 10 rom and its AWESOME!!! i simply love it, i also managed to get the photosphere mod flashed on my gnex and i think its cool still need to fiddle around with it.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I'm desperately waiting for a new AOKP ROM. For minor reasons I don't wish to discuss, I prefer it over CM. Although I must say that I'm tempted to try the CM 10.1 nightly on my phone. MUST. RESIST! :(

sheik i know this might freak you out :D but i have cm 10 and currently there is an update 10.0.0 but i did not download it to be frank, i thought the cm i have ran jelly bean 4.2 but it turned out to be 4.1.2 so my question is whats this nightly business bec i keep finding those roms are they stable? and considering there r reasons you dont want to discuss aokp please do share :D:D:D i did have an alright expierence with aokp yes it was nt a stable version and towards the end it drove me in sane bec it would re boot from time to time so i finally jumped on board cm for a change and i must say i like it more. does'nt give you tonnes of customization like aokp but non the less still pretty cool.

Apr 15, 2006
Nightlies are basically versions that are still in development. They have bugs that may hinder everyday use. If you want a stable rom, then stick to the stable versions. Release Candidates are worthy of daily use despite any remaining bugs.

As for the differences between AOKP and CM, I like the way in which you can edit the navigation bar icons. I know you can do it on CM too, but I like the end product on AOKP more than CM. Also, the startup animation can be disabled easily in AOKP. It's just minor differences. Both CM and AOKP are great roms IMO.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Nightlies are basically versions that are still in development. They have bugs that may hinder everyday use. If you want a stable rom, then stick to the stable versions. Release Candidates are worthy of daily use despite any remaining bugs.

As for the differences between AOKP and CM, I like the way in which you can edit the navigation bar icons. I know you can do it on CM too, but I like the end product on AOKP more than CM. Also, the startup animation can be disabled easily in AOKP. It's just minor differences. Both CM and AOKP are great roms IMO.
thank you soooooooooooooo much sheiky!!!! its much appreciated.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
A question to the android experts...

Can I install a language that isn't originally in the setup of Galaxy S3?

I need an answer please asap... :hi:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
RAMI¹⁰;3981891 said:
A question to the android experts...

Can I install a language that isn't originally in the setup of Galaxy S3?

I need an answer please asap... :hi:
i know how you can get more languages on the swype keyboard but a language pack for yr device it self nope sorry i dont have the faintest clue about that :)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Also, the stock launcher on CM is ADW Launcher, whereas on AOKP it's the Nova Launcher. I just like Nova more. :D
nova is pretty cool, the cm i have has trebuchet 0.2 launcher, which is alright to be honest, as long as i have zooper widget pro installed i'm good to go D:. sheiky i'm not sure if you can change the colour of the home button, back, and multi on cm i've tried but its not like aokp where i actually changed there colour however on cm you can remove or replace function of those buttons which is fancy if you r into this :D

- - - Updated - - -

RAMI¹⁰;3981932 said:
I am :D

so this swype will be installed in the languages category or as an app that I have to open every time I write in Arabic?!
you will install it as an app and then go to settings, language and input, keyboard and input methods, choose swype as yr default keyboard, open whats app, or message window, on swype keyboard on the far left there is an S symbol long press to go to settings, go to language options, choose download languages, find arabic, download, then go back to language options choose arabic, and you r good to go. one sec i will upload screen shoots to help you.

- - - Updated - - -

rami here you go bro in order :D : note rami after pic 5 you will change the language to arabic as demonstrated in pic 4

Attachments

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Didn't you abandon Android a while back and swore not to ever do anything but Apple?
No never swore that lol I was just pissed at my phone at the time but went to the iPhone 5 and it was same old same old so I went to sgs3 and loved it had that till a month ago sold it for 400 bought the Optimus G for 99 loved it but it was stuck on ICS and the Dev community sucked so I sold that for 300 and bought my nexus 4. I have come to understand that if you go android only Samsung and Nexus devices are worth it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)