Android (9 Viewers)

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
If it serves your purpose, then it should be fine... What is it that you want to do first? Find the nearest pub? Watch pr0n? :D
:D

Just want to know what I could do with it...do you guys have some apps that you couldn't live without etc. Just trying to get most out of this phone before I'll break it or lost it. :D

I already know how to call my friends and how to send sms...so I'm pretty happy. Internet seems to work too. And the phone should be bullet proof. Is there an application which would grow my phone some legs so that it could follow me?

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Get Dolphin browser or Boat browser (my current favourite) for internetz. Get n7 player for music. Livescore to keep tab of football scores. Tapatalk to browse Juventuz.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
@ice: works with market enabler, fake a location then go to play type spotify its the first result download. i will fiddle with it but it looks cool!!

if you cant get market enabler let me see what i can do and i will hook you up some how.

EDIT: asif you were right not available for your country or mine for the matter :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Get Dolphin browser or Boat browser (my current favourite) for internetz. Get n7 player for music. Livescore to keep tab of football scores. Tapatalk to browse Juventuz.

Get Opera Mini for browing when you're not on wifi and fotmob is much better than livescore :)

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
I tried Opera mini, but I found Boat to be much easier to use. Not so much after the latest update, but still pretty good. Never tried fotmob. Will download it now...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I love opera mini, I use it almost always, I only use the default browser when I want to stream games or something similar.

I0ll try boat and dolphin tho. I tried dolphin once, didnt quite like it.

Footmob is great tho, I tried livescore and this is much better, it has stats, lineups, tables, top scorers, notifications, etc.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Other apps i can reccomend are dropbox, it is fantastic, espeically the camera upload function, I couldnt live without it (well, I could, but I dont want to).

Viber is also great and I also like slideit keyboard.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
I am an Opera fan btw. I don't use it much on Windows or on my phone, but I do on my home PC which runs Mint (right now)

Slideit is like Swype?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, just like swype. I prefer it to swype because you can turn off the special characters your language has in sms apps, so that you dont send 3 messages because of the special characters. I dont think swype has that (at least when I checked).

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Anyone using apps like Lookout, NQ, McAffe Security, etc. Thoughts on such apps?

I'm kind of thinking...if I have sensitive data on my phone, I can benefit from the ability to remotely wipe and lock my phone, in case of theft. Then again the guy who has it is more likely to just throw it away in the trash. I kind of think you're better of not protecting it because the usual thief will either sell it or use it and you're better of that way, because the police has the ability to track your phone with the IMEI number.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I dont fear it getting stolen since it is always in my pocket, I never leave it on the table when I'm outside or similar. So I have nothing to protect it.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I love opera mini, I use it almost always, I only use the default browser when I want to stream games or something similar.
I am an Opera fan btw. I don't use it much on Windows or on my phone, but I do on my home PC which runs Mint (right now)
:tup: I use only Opera on android, streaming games works good and i don't know why it's the only web browser that can download stuff from my academic server.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Anyone using apps like Lookout, NQ, McAffe Security, etc. Thoughts on such apps?

I'm kind of thinking...if I have sensitive data on my phone, I can benefit from the ability to remotely wipe and lock my phone, in case of theft. Then again the guy who has it is more likely to just throw it away in the trash. I kind of think you're better of not protecting it because the usual thief will either sell it or use it and you're better of that way, because the police has the ability to track your phone with the IMEI number.
Yes! I consider it absolutely essential to have one of these installed. It's a couple of bucks to protect your several hundred dollar device.

I personally use and recommend Cerberus. The functionality is unmatched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)