Android (46 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I couldn't wait for Sprint to roll out android 2.1 so updated it from HTC's website. I'm glad I did, its pretty badass; much more responsive, the navigation system is awesome and I've yet to figure it out but the live wallpaper is cool as shit.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
you're DOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmed

just intalled ebuddy and have to say it is sweeeeeeeet,any other must have apps you guys suggest?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Make fun of me but I can't figure out the deal with changing themes on the Hero. I've found a way to change the theme (without rooting the device) but there are no instructions on how to revert to the original theme. Also, where do you find free themes? The Android Market has a couple of payed apps but the reviews aren't good so I don't think they're worth it.

Apr 15, 2006
I'm looking at the HTC Wildfire, any thoughts? It's like the new low end model, costs about 250, ~500MHz cpu and Android 2.1
One thing you don't get with low end models from HTC is good software support for the phone. If there are any bugs with the phone or if it is slow, then forget about getting an update from HTC. They'll just release that phone into the market and forget about it.

But if you don't mind rooting the phone and playing around with custom ROMs, then you'll like it. If the price is OK, then go for it.
Make fun of me but I can't figure out the deal with changing themes on the Hero. I've found a way to change the theme (without rooting the device) but there are no instructions on how to revert to the original theme. Also, where do you find free themes? The Android Market has a couple of payed apps but the reviews aren't good so I don't think they're worth it.
I haven't used the Hero, but if you press the Menu button, don't you get an option called Scenes? You can use that as themes. Or you'll need to get alternate Home screen programs like aHome or Panda Home. IMO, just stick with the stock look.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I haven't used the Hero, but if you press the Menu button, don't you get an option called Scenes? You can use that as themes. Or you'll need to get alternate Home screen programs like aHome or Panda Home. IMO, just stick with the stock look.
The scenes thing changes the way you have your phone set up, like the background, app placement, clock type, ring tone/volume settings, etc. I'm talking about this: http://androidforums.com/android-themes/4425-post-your-android-desktop.html

aHome is one of the apps that supposedly changes themes but it didn't have good reviews and I don't want to pay for it unless there really aren't any good free themes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)