Android (45 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I am seriously thinking of buying an android device, probably one of the HTCs or maybe the sony ericssons if they are good.

Heard a lot of good things about the nexus one and in here about the HTC desire amongst others. Also there is this new Evo 4g.

I have a good technical understanding OSes, but I don't want to mingle a lot in the phone, so it has to be good when I buy it.

Which one would you guys recommend ? Or should just give up and buy an iphone or a nokia?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
desire:tup:

wish i had waited 2 months and got one of those badboys,still massively satisfied with the Hero though

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Nexus One users, did any of you get your FroYo update yet?
I didn't keep my Nexus long enough to receive the froyo update

I am seriously thinking of buying an android device, probably one of the HTCs or maybe the sony ericssons if they are good.

Heard a lot of good things about the nexus one and in here about the HTC desire amongst others. Also there is this new Evo 4g.

I have a good technical understanding OSes, but I don't want to mingle a lot in the phone, so it has to be good when I buy it.

Which one would you guys recommend ? Or should just give up and buy an iphone or a nokia?
DO NOT BUY THE EVO

unless you want a phone that will not fit in your pocket and is the size of your face.

If you're looking for a solid Android device then you might want to check out the Acer android models or even the SE releases. HTC is flooding the market with phones that are not meeting the market specs in an overall fashion.

desire:tup:

wish i had waited 2 months and got one of those badboys,still massively satisfied with the Hero though
Did you root your Hero? The Hero I had was branded from Orange but was rooted and ran like a champ

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Not sure at the moment. I would take any device that can scale up to 2.2 with ease but I really liked the Nexus. The HTC Legend is supposed to be the next sub-par but hot device HTC rolls out

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Many thanks gents, will have a further look the models available since am back in bahrain now ( the only models I found here are the nexus one, xperia and tattoo).

I've been reading a couple of good reviews for the Nokia models as well, so I won't dismiss them yet.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Many thanks gents, will have a further look the models available since am back in bahrain now ( the only models I found here are the nexus one, xperia and tattoo).

I've been reading a couple of good reviews for the Nokia models as well, so I won't dismiss them yet.
You across the bridge?? :O ..

never knew that .. we should watch a game or two this world cup together then :p

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I have a soft spot for Motorola. Lets see what they do with the upcoming Droid Xtreme...
You need to drop that bad habit fast. Besides the Razr and the v60, Motorola has been a sub-standard handset manufacturer. They tried to rival Nokia and they failed even harder. Now they are trying to immerse themselves into a smartphone market with big players like Google, Nokia, HTC, Apple and RIM for starters.

Moto's consumer handset division needs to be taken out back and shot

Forza Juve:bigscarf:

SE always intrigues me and even though the first Xperia was wasted with WM6, the next super phone will be a killer Android device

Nokia will release their new line of smartphones this summer and they are loooking to be pretty impressive. You can never go wrong with Symbian either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)