Android (13 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Having a 20 year monopoly is the only way to sell products now? You do realize that this is the exact opposite to the principle of the :gsol: free market?
At the end of the day its a business and the goal of a business is to generate revenue. Don't get hung up on the terminology -- besides, its known as free enterprise which consists of open markets.

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Slide it has some advantages compared to swype, but I think on android swype seems to be more finished in the sense of app maturity

Inviato dal mio gt-9100 con tapatalk

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
What the hell are you on about, Boz? You know I'm an ardent Android helper regardless or tits or testicles! :stuckup:

This video contains content from SME. It is not available in your country.
damn i just have to keep Kelis milkshake all to myself

here is my issue

ok so i have had a problem recently that my Desire keeps telling me it is running low on memory. i have moved all apps i can onto the SD card,cleared all my browsing history,i mean honestly i think i have about 4 apps other than the defaults and it still keeps telling me that it is running ut of space.

any ideas and how do i clear space?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
At the end of the day its a business and the goal of a business is to generate revenue. Don't get hung up on the terminology -- besides, its known as free enterprise which consists of open markets.
A business can generate money in lots of interesting ways. Sponsoring politicians to nice dinners, golf weekends and what have you is one that comes to mind readily. In return new laws come into effect that just mysteriously happen to favor some companies over others. Another way to generate revenue is to dump your waste into the local water supply, because it's the cheapest option. I could go on. Is this really your argument, that whatever they can do to generate revenue we should applaud them for their success?

Apr 15, 2006
Slide it has some advantages compared to swype, but I think on android swype seems to be more finished in the sense of app maturity

Inviato dal mio gt-9100 con tapatalk
Swype is just kick ass!
damn i just have to keep Kelis milkshake all to myself

here is my issue
Aah. Well, the only options are to uninstall unnecessary apps, or do what us geeks do: root the phone, install a new ROM with A2SD+ or DATA2SD, and you will solve this problem. Of course, you'll need to format your SD card so that it has an ext3 partition.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
A business can generate money in lots of interesting ways. Sponsoring politicians to nice dinners, golf weekends and what have you is one that comes to mind readily. In return new laws come into effect that just mysteriously happen to favor some companies over others. Another way to generate revenue is to dump your waste into the local water supply, because it's the cheapest option. I could go on. Is this really your argument, that whatever they can do to generate revenue we should applaud them for their success?

Who was applauding?

So are you telling me that Google should somehow release their patents (if thats even possible) and let the rest of the world use their formerly patented technology to generate profits? You're making a nice path for me to assume that further down the line you would rather abolish all currency and everyone exchange services for free.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Who was applauding?

So are you telling me that Google should somehow release their patents (if thats even possible) and let the rest of the world use their formerly patented technology to generate profits? You're making a nice path for me to assume that further down the line you would rather abolish all currency and everyone exchange services for free.
They can't just release their patents because patents are like nuclear missiles, it's a game of mutual destruction. Companies have busloads more patents than what you're seeing in the current patent cat fights (Apple/Samsung, Google/Oracle etc). Some missiles are being launched but the vast majority are kept in the bunkers.

That's why the system as a whole must change for anything to change on an individual company level. But that has zero chance of happening with the pharmaceutical lobby having bought the entire committee.

Do you actually realize how insane some of the patents are that have been granted? Amazon's one-click shopping. Instead of following a wizard that has several steps, you just have a button that registers your purchase. That's a technical innovation? And that's a relatively respectable one as they go btw.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Swype is just kick ass!

Aah. Well, the only options are to uninstall unnecessary apps, or do what us geeks do: root the phone, install a new ROM with A2SD+ or DATA2SD, and you will solve this problem. Of course, you'll need to format your SD card so that it has an ext3 partition.
i have uninstalled a dose of apps,the rest are on my SD card,there must be a cache of useless information and a way to clear it no? tbh i have thought about rooting it but the way my luck is going i will fuck it up

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
hey that is great,now i will have something else that Facebook won't work properly on

their Facebook app is shit and i seriously cannot believe i still have to load the mobile web page to view messages that the app is notifying me i have received but fail to load or show

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,154
    What's with the land restrictions? I can't understand the point behind it.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Sale of Samsung Galaxy Tab Blocked in the EU

bizwriter writes with a news piece in bnet about the continuing battle between Samsung and Apple. From the article:
    "In a stunning and painful decision for Samsung, Apple got a German court to issue a preliminary injunction against the Galaxy Tab. According to patent analyst and blogger Florian Mueller, that means Samsung cannot ... sell its tablet in the entire European Union, except for the Netherlands."

http://apple.slashdot.org/story/11/...dot+(Slashdot)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

This must be the most abominable case yet in patent trolling.
    Disgusting, that proves many things, i cant believe who stupid the apple supporters are.
    A company without ethics, that is trying to abuse the law and agressively trying to halt the opposition sales, justify everything that has been said about them.
    The only care for promotion and presentation, they lack substance and they are afraid of the competition.

Who would trust such a company?? I hope they will soon share Nokia's fate...

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
    Jun 9, 2011
    Disgusting, that proves many things, i cant believe who stupid the apple supporters are.
    A company without ethics, that is trying to abuse the law and agressively trying to halt the opposition sales, justify everything that has been said about them.
    The only care for promotion and presentation, they lack substance and they are afraid of the competition.

Who would trust such a company?? I hope they will soon share Nokia's fate...
    Your assessment is laughable at best. It is plain as day that Samsung not only modeled there hardware to mimic iphone but their touchwiz is a blatant rip off if iOS in appearance and most functionality. Ps apple will never face nokias fate. As of yesterday they are the most valuable company in the world!

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/10/apple-closes-as-the-most-valuable-company-in-the-world/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)