Andriy Shevchenko (13 Viewers)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
So what if they do ?
You guys really think Lippi will give to Milan much more than what Ancelotti gave them?
Ancelotti was the creator of this generation of Milan players and he won so much with them. The latest bad results in serie A are hardly his fault. Berlusconi was the one who vetoed the transfers of Ribery and Toni to Milan, hoping he'll sign Ronaldinho. It's Berlusconi's policy to keep the oldies in Milan. Ancelotti is helpless here.
If Berlusconi and Galliani are the ones who take care of the transfer policy then Lippi can not do anything more than what Ancelotti does with this team.
I'm sure that if Ancelotti gets the players he wants he'll be as succesful in serie A as he is in Europe.
As long as i'm concerned Milan can go sign Lippi today. I'm really interested to see how well he'll do with Maldini, Cafu, Serginho, Brocchi and the other 30+ players. And how well a coach like Lippi will do with 10 Brasilians in the team.

Lippi is not the God of coaches. We've seen that in 1998/99, we've seen that in 2003/04 and we've seen that in his Inter episode. One of the top 5 coaches for sure, but so is Carlo Ancelotti.
Let Berlusconi and uncle Fester take care of Milan's transfers. Let them keep Maldini, Dida, Favalli, Cafu and Serginho for 3 more years. Let them buy veterans like Ronaldo and Emerson instead of Ribery and Toni and i'm ok if they sign Lippi.
Good logical post :tup:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

So what if they do ?
You guys really think Lippi will give to Milan much more than what Ancelotti gave them?
Ancelotti was the creator of this generation of Milan players and he won so much with them. The latest bad results in serie A are hardly his fault. Berlusconi was the one who vetoed the transfers of Ribery and Toni to Milan, hoping he'll sign Ronaldinho. It's Berlusconi's policy to keep the oldies in Milan. Ancelotti is helpless here.
If Berlusconi and Galliani are the ones who take care of the transfer policy then Lippi can not do anything more than what Ancelotti does with this team.
I'm sure that if Ancelotti gets the players he wants he'll be as succesful in serie A as he is in Europe.
As long as i'm concerned Milan can go sign Lippi today. I'm really interested to see how well he'll do with Maldini, Cafu, Serginho, Brocchi and the other 30+ players. And how well a coach like Lippi will do with 10 Brasilians in the team.

Lippi is not the God of coaches. We've seen that in 1998/99, we've seen that in 2003/04 and we've seen that in his Inter episode. One of the top 5 coaches for sure, but so is Carlo Ancelotti.
Let Berlusconi and uncle Fester take care of Milan's transfers. Let them keep Maldini, Dida, Favalli, Cafu and Serginho for 3 more years. Let them buy veterans like Ronaldo and Emerson instead of Ribery and Toni and i'm ok if they sign Lippi.
Next time I'm in Sibenik, I'll stop by and kiss you. :D

Great post, people really need to get over Lippi.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
So what if they do ?

Good post, you're in a league of your own. Yet I do fear a Milan with Lippi at the helm. Few coaches are as good as Lippi when it comes to managing the available quality and milan do have a bundle of quality, despite their age.

Jul 5, 2005
I don't want Lippi. Lippi will be idiot if after the World Cup-winning, will take over the training of any football club. All the fans will resent with him because he was the coach of all Italians and now he will become a coach only for one team in Italy. I believe if he insists it would be better to make a training career abroad. It's sure that he will be more respected there.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We can use Lippi's popularity to help us rebuild our image...
Lippi didnt failed Inter, Inter failed him...
Its a real shame, that young Juventini havent seen enough, to appreciate Lippi's real value...

And about Alen's comment on Carlitto and Berlu, we have to notice that despite Berlu is an arse and not only disrespects the coach's choices, but also force his own tactical schemes, formations, starting players and ideas.
He helped Milan much more than the trouble he created, in many ways,
so Ancelotti should actually feel lucky about their symbiosis...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Good post, you're in a league of your own. Yet I do fear a Milan with Lippi at the helm. Few coaches are as good as Lippi when it comes to managing the available quality and milan do have a bundle of quality, despite their age.
Man, it's not that i want Milan to get Lippi.
I'd certainly prefer Berlusconi to stick to what he said and get someone from "Milan's family" as Ancelotti's successor. Berlusconi said that only someone who played for Milan, especially in Sacchi's Milan, can coach the team. Van Basten, Tassotti, Rijkaard, Donadoni, Gullit, Costacurta. I'd prefer if Milan signs one of them instead of signing Lippi.

But if it is Lippi then i don't think he'll give them much more than what they have with Ancelotti.
Carlo Ancelotti is also a miracle-maker. How else can we explain last year's CL victory ? He has no bench, 70% +30 years old players and yet he brings them trophies.
In 5 years only, Ancelotti won 2 CL's, 1 scudetto, 1 coppa Italia, 2 european super cups, 1 Italian super cup and now he'll try to win the world club championship. He created this team and he knows how to win with this team. Imo, the best Milan can do is keep Ancelotti and buy new players. They don't need new coach.
That's why i'm not too worried if Milan get Lippi. Because Lippi will replace an equally successful coach and he's not a guarantee that Milan will win more than they were winning in last 5 years.

But yeah, if Milan do decide to replace Ancelotti, then it will be better if it's Costacurta, Van Basten, Donadoni, Tassotti or Gullit, instead of Lippi.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
Let Berlusconi and uncle Fester take care of Milan's transfers.
:rofl: :lol: :lol2: :rofl2:

But seriously i don't think that Sheva will join us...The price tag of 17m€ and 31 years of age... a a:disagree:...This are only rumors :blah:
For that kind of money we can get VdV... or two players for the defence, Pasqual (Fiora) and Ivanovič (CSKA)...

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I totally agree. Lippi pulls something spectacular out of something so...well...unspectacular. From what I recall, Lippi's 1995-96 Champions' League winning Juventus wasn't packed with stars or anything like that. Even in 2002-03, Juventus was far from stacked, but was still victorious. He manages to get that little bit more out of all of his players.

Personally, I would like to see him work abroad rather than see him in Serie A again. I've grown much too tired of that Paul Newman look-alike standing in front of the trenches, but he's certainly a manager I really admire and will never forget.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
So what if they do ?

Excellent post mate...Lippi is a great manager..but people here make him sound like he could win the Serie a with Messina

Apr 19, 2007
Too often as fans we look at what we want and not what is actually best for the club and what the players are more attrcted to. I wouldnt want to play for a man who brought 7 scudetti, 1 Cl, runner up 3 times, 1 coppa italia and oh yeah a world cup. I would hate him because his team won the world cup and mine didnt. Players want to play for good coaches. Look at Man City. That is rediculous to not want Lippi or say he shouldnt come back and coach in serie A. Fucking rediculous

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)