vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Fortunate son is the ultimate vietnam war song

I am aware of this reputation but what iconic Vietnam movie is Fortunate Son even used in? Closest I can think of is Forest Gump which isn't a Vietnam movie even if it has that part in Vietnam. Its not in Platoon, apocalypse now, full metal jacket or Hamburger hill. Admittedly I didn't see Da 5 Bloods

Mostly I just know it from every COD game that has a Vietnam part.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I am aware of this reputation but what iconic Vietnam movie is Fortunate Son even used in? Closest I can think of is Forest Gump which isn't a Vietnam movie even if it has that part in Vietnam. Its not in Platoon, apocalypse now, full metal jacket or Hamburger hill. Admittedly I didn't see Da 5 Bloods

Mostly I just know it from every COD game that has a Vietnam part.
I meant that's what soldiers listened to not what's in the movies

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I mentioned this few months ago where I thought Pirlo was obsessed with ball posession as the key agenda in training. Well i couldnt help but look to see if his shown any signs of moving on, unsuprisingly ball posession still dominates the sessions though his since moved away a little. Last chance Pirlo!

Build up to Genoa
08-04 - ball posession , technical and mini match
09/04 - technical and tactical exercise

10/04 - 12/04 - no information available

Build up to Atalanta
13/04 - ball poseession and technical exercises
14/04 - tactical exercises
15/04 - tactical exercises
16/04 - tactical exercises

17/04 - 18/04 - no information available

Build up to Parma
19/04 - Ball Posession and mini match

20/04 - 21/04 - no information available

Build up to Fiorentina
22/04- ball posession and mini match
23/04 ball posession and technical drills

24/04 - 26/04 no information available

Build up to Udinese
27/04 ball posession and technical exercises
28/04 ball posession and technical exercises
29/04 tactical exercises and mini match

I'd love to compare this to how Allegri scheduled his training session but unfortunately couldn't locate this information.

- - - Updated - - -

Wanted to compare the sessions to some of the top or in form clubs out there.

City - no training information on their website
Union - no training information on their website
Chelski - no training information on their website

Bayern - one news artcile in the last 2 weeks highlight the session on wednesday was about crossing and headers.
Real - without a doubt the most informative ' The players kicked off the session split into two rondos, before working on speed drills, pressing and playing the ball out. They then focused on tactical elements and finished off with a range of games on reduced-size pitches.'

pressing, speed drills, tactics playing out of tight situations, oh my word, let's bring Zidane, please.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
I mentioned this few months ago where I thought Pirlo was obsessed with ball posession as the key agenda in training. Well i couldnt help but look to see if his shown any signs of moving on, unsuprisingly ball posession still dominates the sessions though his since moved away a little. Last chance Pirlo!

Build up to Genoa
08-04 - ball posession , technical and mini match
09/04 - technical and tactical exercise

10/04 - 12/04 - no information available

Build up to Atalanta
13/04 - ball poseession and technical exercises
14/04 - tactical exercises
15/04 - tactical exercises
16/04 - tactical exercises

17/04 - 18/04 - no information available

Build up to Parma
19/04 - Ball Posession and mini match

20/04 - 21/04 - no information available

Build up to Fiorentina
22/04- ball posession and mini match
23/04 ball posession and technical drills

24/04 - 26/04 no information available

Build up to Udinese
27/04 ball posession and technical exercises
28/04 ball posession and technical exercises
29/04 tactical exercises and mini match

I'd love to compare this to how Allegri scheduled his training session but unfortunately couldn't locate this information.

- - - Updated - - -

Wanted to compare the sessions to some of the top or in form clubs out there.

City - no training information on their website
Union - no training information on their website
Chelski - no training information on their website

Bayern - one news artcile in the last 2 weeks highlight the session on wednesday was about crossing and headers.
Real - without a doubt the most informative ' The players kicked off the session split into two rondos, before working on speed drills, pressing and playing the ball out. They then focused on tactical elements and finished off with a range of games on reduced-size pitches.'

pressing, speed drills, tactics playing out of tight situations, oh my word, let's bring Zidane, please.
The best intel that we have about Allegri’s training regime is that interview that Evra gave some years ago, where he said it was pretty hard, so I guess many condition and strength training. Considering all the injuries we had during the Allegri era it’s probably pretty accurate what he said. Hopefully he’ll change that when he returns.

If you think about it you won’t expect a lot of strength training from a guy like Pirlo. He probably hates it.

Nice research btw :tup:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The best intel that we have about Allegri’s training regime is that interview that Evra gave some years ago, where he said it was pretty hard, so I guess many condition and strength training. Considering all the injuries we had during the Allegri era it’s probably pretty accurate what he said. Hopefully he’ll change that when he returns.

If you think about it you won’t expect a lot of strength training from a guy like Pirlo. He probably hates it.

Nice research btw :tup:
Ah yes i remember that interview, its interesting considering how focused we were on our games, so much attention to little details as well. IIRC Allegri used to give the players a few days off now and again as well. The only regret or criticism i had in leading up to the Cardiff final with Real, was that Allegri continued with the training regime, pretty much every day, while giving the team about couple of days break, while Zidane gave his players like 10-12 days off and then resumed training with a couple sessions and they were ready, looking fresh, while we were knackered and of course nervous...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)