Andrea Pirlo (33 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Ive never seen so many players that are happy with doing the bare minimum. Our midfield is so fucked.
I watched that goal about 4/5 times now in ultra slow motion. Ignoring the fact Demiral probably should have closed down and got a block on the cross within his own box (no excuse of being a RB here), it should have never gone that far anyway. Bentancur puts in a such a wet challenge to win the ball from Veloso and then a statuesque Rabiot gets beaten by the pass far too easily. Neither of them had made a gut busting run prior to this either and the person who actually ends up trackIng back into the box after all this this is Ronaldo... What a farce.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Ive never seen so many players that are happy with doing the bare minimum. Our midfield is so fucked.
That was obvious from about our 3rd or 4th game. But every game ought to be analysed individually, we were ahead till about the last 10 minutes, that's usually when fatigue sets in, that's why verona made 5 subs before we could make our 2nd. That's why they were able to press so relentlessly. I think with a loaded squad we would have cruised to an ugly win.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The moment Pirlo said 'players were not focused because it's Christmas' after the loss to Fiorentina, that was the moment I realized he's not the profile a club like ours should be looking at.

His casual demeanor is almost a reflection on the entire team. Lazy and casual but don't have enough talent to compensate for it.
And some people were happy about it. A coach who doesn't lose his cool :baus:

I'd always take a screaming, bottle kicking and jacket throwing manager over a lethargic one like Pirlo.
Pirlo snaps back at Sky questions

Andrea Pirlo was irritable when his tactical choices in the Juventus draw with Verona were questioned. ‘You should watch games before commenting. You tell me what I’m supposed to do.’
Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal was cancelled out by an Antonin Barak header, although Hellas could’ve had more, as Wojciech Szczesny twice fingertipped efforts onto the woodwork.
When Pirlo faced questions from Sky Sport Italia pundit Giancarlo Padovan about using players out of position, the coach was in no mood for it.

“We were in an emergency situation, if you look at the absentees. I had already adapted Alex Sandro as a centre-back, so we couldn’t invent more than that.
“If you are missing four defenders, full-backs and strikers, then you tell me what I’m supposed to do.”
Pirlo was asked if he could’ve adopted a four-man defence with Radu Dragusin instead of forcing Juve to stick with three.
“Dragusin is not a full-back and he has never played as a full-back, he is a third centre-back. You should watch games carefully before commenting.”
Padovan assured he had watched them carefully.
“It doesn’t seem like you did. Dragusin was never tested there.”
The line of questioning moved on to Federico Bernardeschi and Federico Chiesa being ‘out of position’ in order to use the 3-4-2-1 formation.
Excuse me, but who would you have placed in that formation? Chiesa is an attacking winger, he played many games in that role. Bernardeschi has almost always played in that role.
Perhaps they were the only two players there who were in their natural roles. When you have to make changes, everyone needs to adapt.”

:)
He hasn't any clue what he's doing. He is adapting players instead of adapting formations based on the players available at his disposal.
This is straight from Pep's handbook.
Just sack him already.

Last edited:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
That was obvious from about our 3rd or 4th game. But every game ought to be analysed individually, we were ahead till about the last 10 minutes, that's usually when fatigue sets in, that's why verona made 5 subs before we could make our 2nd. That's why they were able to press so relentlessly. I think with a loaded squad we would have cruised to an ugly win.
Yep. Characterless.

I would've put some of the kids in, no point in leaving a statue like Rabiot in.
I watched that goal about 4/5 times now in ultra slow motion. Ignoring the fact Demiral probably should have closed down and got a block on the cross within his own box (no excuse of being a RB here), it should have never gone that far anyway. Bentancur puts in a such a wet challenge to win the ball from Veloso and then a statuesque Rabiot gets beaten by the pass far too easily. Neither of them had made a gut busting run prior to this either and the person who actually ends up trackIng back into the box after all this this is Ronaldo... What a farce.
Bentancur always does that shit, lazy player, all of that fire he used to have is gone.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
There is no grinta anymore, thats what happens when you fill the team with mercenaries. This is what happens when you think your team is better than it is and you fill it with mediocre overpaid players that have never showed even an ounce of fight in their careers. You're completely fucked when you have to rely on Sandro for character and grinta

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Man I was wrong about Pirlo big time, he doesn't need more time..he is unbelievably bad..even if he stays for ten years I don't think he will change much because be has no sense at all. This guy has zero skills to guide the team during a match. Every one of our "league best" 20 conceded goals has come at a shitty time.. it means poor matchtime management. A draw with verona from a goal up? needs to go start by coaching verona.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Man I was wrong about Pirlo big time, he doesn't need more time..he is unbelievably bad..even if he stays for ten years I don't think he will change much because be has no sense at all. This guy has zero skills to guide the team during a match. Every one of our "league best" 20 conceded goals has come at a shitty time.. it means poor matchtime management. A draw with verona from a goal up? needs to go start by coaching verona.
Thats exactly why i dont buy that excuse some peeople say (not here in this forum anymore)...that we need to give him time and a "proper midfield" for him to show his ideas....FUCK HIS IDEAS.... what ideas? the guy is a total rookie who doesnt have any idea on how to man manage a team, let alone manage the tactical side of things which require actual years of experiencing wins and defeats.

Fuk this mockery- Agnelli really needs to explain this situation to Elkann and i really hope he gets his share of the pie too, because it was AGNELLI who ultimately approved this madness...........Agnelli of all guys, the supposedly savy business man which im sure would not hire a high school graduate to run his millionarie busiensses

he should give answers

Strickland

May 17, 2019
The circumstances are tough, but this was a must win game due to the shitload of points we dropped in much easier times. I guess we have to start thinking about Top4 now.. Thank you Pirlo for handing the Scudetto to Inter, great job

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Ideally Agnelli would have gotten down on his knees and begged Allegri to return last summer. Then we should have done a bit of cleaning, players like Rabiot have no business being here. Id say farewell to Ramsey as well. Bentacur can only remain as a backup. We needed a new midfield, a better synergy, players who would complement one another. To finance midfield, we could have sacrificed Dybala who had played a good season and considering we brought Chiesa, we dont lack talent in attacking dept. Dreams...

Reality is we will be stuck with Pirlo regardless of CL result as long as we secure top 4 finish. I dont even want to contemplate too much how it would reflect on us, if we miss out on CL. Financial disaster, we would be set back by few years.

I can only hope come the summer Rabiot, Ramsey, Berna will be plying their trade elsewhere and we rebuild properly, focusing on midfield, and that we reduce our wage bill. Its not sustainable atm.

Jun 16, 2020
What a horrible tactical display!

We didn’t had a midfield at all, none of our midfielders were in the position they supposed to be when we had possession.

There’s just a huge gap between our defense and attack when we start the build up. It’s always the same, Ramsey/McKennie are supposed to join the attack which make us losing one of the 3 midfielders. Bentancur stays behind and the third one, I didn’t even know where the hell Rabiot was, my screen was to small to see him hiding somewhere.

I was very much pro-Pirlo, understanding the problems we faced during the start and I had patience, but this are unforgivable mistakes, he didn’t had a clue what he was doing.

Im also really annoyed that he’s so fake in his ideas to implement the youngsters. I’m quite sure that Correia and Fagioli would’ve done a lot better compared to Bernardeschi an Ramsey. What a awful, awful players that are. Should never wear our jersey again.

And why the hell is this guy against a 433 ffs.

In order to save the season Agnelli should intervene and find something else. The 4th place is at risk

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Pirlo may understand football but what is becoming clearly obvious is that he has no grasp of man management.

can anyone seriously name a player that has improved under his leadership, Danilo aside? The players play with no passion, our midfield is serie c level in its output, none of those players have improved under pirlo and that was the position he mastered!! Rabiot is terrible, Bentancur after looking decent under Sarri has regressed into a Sunday league player, Ramsey is just useless. Even McKennie seems to be hideously inconsistent and his energy isn’t making up for his technical failings...

Pirlo’s lack of passion on the sideline is the biggest concern though, it transmits to the players. Look at Conte and Allegri - they kept the players focussed and motivated when the fatigue kicked in. Pirlo stands there like a statue and he doesn’t influence the game at all after kick off. Yesterday he blames fatigue - if the players are fatigued why are you only using 2 of your 5 subs??? Both in the last 20 minutes - Di pardo wasn’t even on long enough to get a touch!!

Verona looked so much fresher - they used all 5 subs, the first at half time!! This isn’t a fucking coincidence. Why did Dragusin not come on to add a 3rd proper defender after we scored the opener?? Why did Fagioli not come on for one of the 3 central midfield idiots?? Why did bernadeschi get 90 minutes? The guy has gone 9000 minutes without contributing, what makes pirlo think he’s going to be anything other than his normal useless self?? Well he was playing in his ‘natural position’ - that’s great, but he is naturally shit

Pirlo completely out of his depth and he has no business as our manager. I gave him a chance after he looked like the ship steadied in January but I’ve seen enough of him now to realise that was just good fortune. He is allowing players to get away with a lack of passion and effort. That’s unforgivable from a manager

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Pirlo may understand football but what is becoming clearly obvious is that he has no grasp of man management.

can anyone seriously name a player that has improved under his leadership, Danilo aside? The players play with no passion, our midfield is serie c level in its output, none of those players have improved under pirlo and that was the position he mastered!! Rabiot is terrible, Bentancur after looking decent under Sarri has regressed into a Sunday league player, Ramsey is just useless. Even McKennie seems to be hideously inconsistent and his energy isn’t making up for his technical failings...

Pirlo’s lack of passion on the sideline is the biggest concern though, it transmits to the players. Look at Conte and Allegri - they kept the players focussed and motivated when the fatigue kicked in. Pirlo stands there like a statue and he doesn’t influence the game at all after kick off. Yesterday he blames fatigue - if the players are fatigued why are you only using 2 of your 5 subs??? Both in the last 20 minutes - Di pardo wasn’t even on long enough to get a touch!!

Verona looked so much fresher - they used all 5 subs, the first at half time!! This isn’t a fucking coincidence. Why did Dragusin not come on to add a 3rd proper defender after we scored the opener?? Why did Fagioli not come on for one of the 3 central midfield idiots?? Why did bernadeschi get 90 minutes? The guy has gone 9000 minutes without contributing, what makes pirlo think he’s going to be anything other than his normal useless self?? Well he was playing in his ‘natural position’ - that’s great, but he is naturally shit

Pirlo completely out of his depth and he has no business as our manager. I gave him a chance after he looked like the ship steadied in January but I’ve seen enough of him now to realise that was just good fortune. He is allowing players to get away with a lack of passion and effort. That’s unforgivable from a manager
Well, i wouldnt put too much of our bad play on Pirlo's poker face and lack of grinta, look at Zidane, cool as they come. Its his lack of experience and the fact that he is and Italian coach. You just know that Klopp would have used all the subs, he woyld have put Dragusin, Frabota, Fagioli, you just know it. We have an amzing, fresh talent on our bench and yet he didint use them, i mean, how much worse could they have been than our starting players? I just get so frustrated and im pretty sure the players on the bench are too.

Jun 16, 2020

What the hell is this guy talking about. He used the 'safe' way and choosed for experience with Ramsey and Berna, ignoring the youth players.

Instead of using Chiesa as wingback we had enough option with Di Pardo, Dragusin and Frabotta to try something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)