Andrea Pirlo (33 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Where's the excitement now?

Funny how people starting to go ape shit over the fact that his our 3rd coach in 3 years. Our identity has been lost for a while now, takes while to build it back, whether it's with him or not. Doesn't really matter who we got behind the bench, results been going downhill for a while now. It ain't about the coach.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Where's the excitement now?

Funny how people starting to go ape shit over the fact that his our 3rd coach in 3 years. Our identity has been lost for a while now, takes while to build it back, whether it's with him or not. Doesn't really matter who we got behind the bench, results been going downhill for a while now. It ain't about the coach.
I'm still excited

enzo

May 14, 2012
And you just can't hide it.

Considering there is a small alternation of generations going on right now, all under a new coach and during this pandemic, we could do worse. I would love to see us win every game, but as @Pegi said, it takes time to build a new identity and at some point in time this has to happen.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
This was always going to be a transitional season and anyone who thinks otherwise doesnt understand football and this club. I just want a top 4 finish this season and QF in CL.
Are YOU sure you understand this club? :lol:

Juve of all teams having, by design, a "transitional" season lol.

Our primary objective this season is winning 10th in a row. That's been Agnelli's objective for years.

Jun 6, 2015
It'll be interesting to see whether the top leagues stay this unpredictable in terms of results for the duration of this season. The short pre-season and the congested schedule seem to have levelled the playing field by quite a bit. The fact that many top teams are currently going through a rebuild might still be the biggest single cause for this though. Madrid, Barca and Juve are all currently trying rejuvenate their squads.

For all the reasons I mentioned above I'm personally not expecting us to play scintillating football week in week out this early in his tenure. However we do need to learn how to get results even in those games where the performances aren't quite up to scratch. Keeping it tight at the back usually goes a long way in that regard.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Pirlo is an absolute rookie, he had ZERO coaching experience before this season, so I think that's an unfair comparison to coaches like Tuchel and particularly Sarri, who had 30 years of trial and error before he ended up at Juve. Lampard at least cut his teeth in the Championship at Derby, which is a very testing league where you learn fast.

It's also worth remembering that this year there was almost no pre-season, he's had very little time to even work on his ideas on the training ground. For a rookie coach I can't think of a more difficult season in the history of at least modern football to start your coaching career.

That said, Juve is Juve, everyone knew this when he was appointed. There is no lowering of standards, but he is not the god of football, you can't generate experience and knowledge out of thin air. He's learning on the job and mistakes will be made.
He's a Juventus manager. That sets the standard, not years of experience or age. If he wasn't ready he shouldn't have been hired/accepted the job.

Pre-season argument is overblown. Yes he didn't have the length of the usual preseason (still enough IMO), but he also didn't have to start with full physical preparation because the players just finished the season before so he had the whole time to just prepare his tactics.

He's only had 6 matches and it is very early, but if we're not showing drastic improvement by matches 12-15 then serious questions need to be asked.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You think he had enough pre-season lol? That's arguing from a very weak position.

Pirlo isn't going to turn down the Juve job. Still doesn't change any of the realities I posted already.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
You think he had enough pre-season lol? That's arguing from a very weak position.

Pirlo isn't going to turn down the Juve job. Still doesn't change any of the realities I posted already.
Not enough in normal circumstances where he had to prepare the team both physically and tactically, but considering they were physically prepared from the soon finished season and he only had tactical preparations to worry about yeah. It's not ideal but certainly not enough to be an excuse for not beating Verona and Crotone. And as I said, it's still early, we'll see in a month or two how we look.

Idc about what he is or isn't going to do. Bernardeschi wasn't going to reject Juve yet nobody gives him a pass for that (rightfully so). You're judged to Juventus standard, not compared to someone or something else outside of that.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Last night 26 shots on goal (2 crossbars (Cuad, Dybala), 6 on target. Several great chances for Berna, Morata x2, Kulu, Dybala, etc. Besides a goal, that came from our mistake, what other great chance did Verona create? 6 shots in total, 2 on target. Possession 62:38. Doesnt look like we were dominated. At times they pressed well but once we would get past it, it looked like we could score every single time. They left acres of space between midfield and defense, which unfortunately we didnt take advantage of.

Does anyone recall our game against Frosinone several years back? Absolutely dreadful performance, then against Sassuolo when Buffon and Chiellini told everyone in the locker room after the match that we are playing like shit, etc... calma
And how did we do vs Roma and Crotone. We were lucky Napoli didnt travel.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
good point, except arthur's defensive contribution: he actually had 5 tackles and 2 cleared balls, and won 6/6 duels. offensively, he offered basically nothing unfortunately.
Maybe it isnt on him. I Just feel the team is more exposed than it should be on counters, too much space between mid and defense.

And I have the impression he's a bit heavy to cover too much ground defensively, at least right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why everyone is saying we play with a back 3. Danilo was LB, Cuads was RB/RWB

In defence it's 4 at the back, in attack it's 3 at the back. Like any normal back 4 where one fullback pushes up while the other stays back.
The 3 CB build up with the ball shows problems specially when countered, since both wbs play quite advanced.

Overall I just feel theres a non usual lack of sync on defensive positioning. The first reason that occurs to me is the non usual offensive shape. Im no expert though, its more of a guess

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Hes also missing his best attacking player Ronaldo for 3 games now.

And if that's not enough we are missing our best CB de ligt all games.

This team will be a lot different when you have two match winning players in your team.

On a side note everyone here losing their mind over the results would legit kill themselves if they were liverpool fans.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

_GGB_

Jun 28, 2006
He's a Juventus manager. That sets the standard, not years of experience or age. If he wasn't ready he shouldn't have been hired/accepted the job.

Pre-season argument is overblown. Yes he didn't have the length of the usual preseason (still enough IMO), but he also didn't have to start with full physical preparation because the players just finished the season before so he had the whole time to just prepare his tactics.

He's only had 6 matches and it is very early, but if we're not showing drastic improvement by matches 12-15 then serious questions need to be asked.
The early signs are very worrying..

Pirlo is a rookie manager so his results mean everything.. His results is all we have to go by to make a judgement on whether he should be managing one of the biggest football clubs in the world..

His appointment can only be described as gamble, no knows if it will be successful or not..

Will be interesting to see how long he is given to prove himself..

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I thought his appointment was a gamble. But at the same time, despite the results, I generally see good things.

Given the fairly large shift in playing philosophy and turnover in players not to mention the unfortunate injuries and lack of pre-season, I think its way to premature to judge yet.

It takes players months before they become fully accustomed to the new set up.

So long as we get through the group stages and stay within contact of the top spot in Serie A by February or March, then I think injury permitting, the team should hit its peak around then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)