Andrea Pirlo (132 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
And what makes u. So optimistic? Because usually im the guy who is one of the most optimistic on this forum and even i can see that Andrea isAnastasi completely lost during the game. He has no idea what to do. This concept with Bonu in the attack which is probably a copy of what Pep tried with Pique was a laughing stock also. I understand we want to try new things but lets first work on our main system, which is, not working atto all. We are dominated by every team when we play his pure tactics, we start dominating when there is no other way and players break his game plan. Also defence again looked shaky as fuck, what was that Favilli goal?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
And what makes u. So optimistic? Because usually im the guy who is one of the most optimistic on this forum and even i can see that Andrea isAnastasi completely lost during the game. He has no idea what to do. This concept with Bonu in the attack which is probably a copy of what Pep tried with Pique was a laughing stock also. I understand we want to try new things but lets first work on our main system, which is, not working atto all. We are dominated by every team when we play his pure tactics, we start dominating when there is no other way and players break his game plan. Also defence again looked shaky as fuck, what was that Favilli goal?
How can you blame defense for Favilli's goal? We arent as composed and organized as we are hoping to be in defense, but defense got exposed on that occassion because of stupid mistake in our own half during build up. 9/10 times you are gonna either concede a goal or a great chance.

Last edited:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
How can you blame defense for Favili goal? We arent as composed and organized as we are hoping to be in defense, but defense got exposed on that occassion because of stupid mistake in our own half during build up. 9/10 times you are gonna concede from that.
three guys going at Lazovic and none following Favilli who is running in the middle of our penalty area is a mistake for me. Let me not comment on Bernadeschi pass, I lost my words for this guy. Also I was actually defending him on live as i didnt see that pass at first.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
We’re making excuses for not beating Crotone and Verona.... let me just repeat: Crotone and Verona.

I don’t care how long these players have had to learn a system. Any manager worth his salt could get these players to comfortably beat both of those teams. Our only starting XI player that wouldn’t get into the Verona team is Bernadeschi.

Pirlo needs to sort this out quickly, the team comes out for the first half without a care in the world, they look completely unmotivated and don’t impose any dominance. We only look like a team after we concede, then if we do score we go back to 5mph, careless football. At the moment Milan, Inter, Napoli, Atalanta and Lazio look a notch above us. How embarrassing

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
We’re making excuses for not beating Crotone and Verona.... let me just repeat: Crotone and Verona.

I don’t care how long these players have had to learn a system. Any manager worth his salt could get these players to comfortably beat both of those teams. Our only starting XI player that wouldn’t get into the Verona team is Bernadeschi.

Pirlo needs to sort this out quickly, the team comes out for the first half without a care in the world, they look completely unmotivated and don’t impose any dominance. We only look like a team after we concede, then if we do score we go back to 5mph, careless football. At the moment Milan, Inter, Napoli, Atalanta and Lazio look a notch above us. How embarrassing
This. Worth mentioning that in both cases we were dominated by this teams for around 60 minutes. There are no excuses, we suck. Add to that a display against Roma, where we were really lucky to get the draw and there u have state of current Juve.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

I'm curious about that last comment.

Atalanta lost 4-1 and 3-1 to Napoli and Samp

Inter already has 2 draws and a loss

Lazio is 12th on the table and got smashed by Sampdoria of all teams

Napoli lost to Alkmaar at home

Only Milan is a level above anyone else, and its Milan, so they will decline soon.

Classic case of over reacting to our own faults while ignoring those of everyone else.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010

Only Milan is a level above anyone else, and its Milan, so they will decline soon.

Classic case of over reacting to our own faults while ignoring those of everyone else.
When u look at the actual games then u can see that even letarghic Inter is playing much better than us. Napoli is two levels above us. Lazio is shit.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We could lose this scudetto and Pirlo might be gone by the end of the season.
I do like however what the directors and Pirlo as a coach are building for the future. Juve was a team traditionally built on experienced players. And that experience usually meant older players. When we won the first of the 9 scudetti, only Estigarribia, a bench player, was under 25. When we reached the CL final in 2015, only Pogba (22), Morata (22) and the bench players Pereyra, Sturaro and Coman were under 25. In the 2017 CL, only Dybala (23) and some bench players were under 25.

And with our squad being old, we had to make frequent changes. Despite that, we won 9 times. The cycle has to end but instead of ending it like Inter after the treble, we are going with top-quality youth. These are not some Palladino's or Sturaro's. These are kids with top talent and they are already building experience by constantly playing in CL and serie A. Once they reach 25 (which until recently was considered a youngster in Italy and in Juve) they will have hundreds of matches under their belt.
Kulusevski is 20, De Ligt is 21, Demiral is 22, Arthur is 24, Bentancur is 23, Chiesa is 23. These guys are already starters.

I am pessimistic about this particular season but very optimistic about the future. We will be winning scudetti in the next decade.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2016
Do you guys remember 2015-2016 season ? We started it like this
Juventus - Udinese 0-1
Roma - Juventus 2-1
Juventus - Chievo 1-1
Genoa - Juventus 0-2
Juventus - Frosinone 1-1
Napoli - Juventus 2-1
Juventus Bologna 3-1
Juventus - Inter 0-0
Juventus - Atalanta 2-0
Sassuolo - Juventus 1-0

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
it's only normal to second guess pirlo's choices after an other embarrassing result, but i have a feeling that it's more about the short preparation period and injuries than the quality of his ideas. this hybrid system requires much more in-sync team work than a standard 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, and the learning curve is steep. it will work with time.

however, one vulnerability of this system by default was exploited by verona yesterday: when you already switched back to a back 3 and trying to build up, and you lose the ball right in the middle of the pitch, you're easily caught on the counter, and you only have 3 defenders at the back. once berna lost that ball, we were screwed, it was only down to verona to exploite their opportunity. with this hybrid system, the transition is much slower than with a traditional formation, and while it has its own benefits like more effecting presence in the box or added width, it might always create problems.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Liked what I saw in the last, 20-25 mins of the game against Verona. Still a lot to work on, but some big strides forward in terms of attacking verve, enthusiasm and general play.

We had a lot of things going against us in this game. Disallowed goal, two shots off the crossbar, Bernauseless brain fart, Silvestri pulling off miracle saves. Once we have more players back available, and we start to gel as a team more, I feel we will be unstoppable in the league. I think this way of playing will also serve us well in Europe, where we are less likely to play against packed defences.

A very poor result, but imo a step forward in our progress in Serie A in terms of our last games against Crotone and Roma. These draws will turn into frequent wins soon imo.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Because fans for some reason always make excuses and lower standards for young/attacking managers like Pirlo, Lampard, Tuchel, even Sarri last year while established managers must give results and nice football and good stats and everything right away. Guarantee you if we hired Allegri back none of this transition, rebuilding talk would be here.
Pirlo is an absolute rookie, he had ZERO coaching experience before this season, so I think that's an unfair comparison to coaches like Tuchel and particularly Sarri, who had 30 years of trial and error before he ended up at Juve. Lampard at least cut his teeth in the Championship at Derby, which is a very testing league where you learn fast.

It's also worth remembering that this year there was almost no pre-season, he's had very little time to even work on his ideas on the training ground. For a rookie coach I can't think of a more difficult season in the history of at least modern football to start your coaching career.

That said, Juve is Juve, everyone knew this when he was appointed. There is no lowering of standards, but he is not the god of football, you can't generate experience and knowledge out of thin air. He's learning on the job and mistakes will be made.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Do you guys remember 2015-2016 season ? We started it like this
Juventus - Udinese 0-1
Roma - Juventus 2-1
Juventus - Chievo 1-1
Genoa - Juventus 0-2
Juventus - Frosinone 1-1
Napoli - Juventus 2-1
Juventus Bologna 3-1
Juventus - Inter 0-0
Juventus - Atalanta 2-0
Sassuolo - Juventus 1-0
Difference is we played well, we created lots of chances but we werent able to convert them, and teams with one shot on goal would get points from us. Right now is different, teams dominate us and create a lot of chances.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I'm afraid it's a little bit more than unluck or Pirlo's learning curve. Defense has looked hopelessly fragile on counters against every (very weak) team faced so far.

It's about fit. We are playing 3CBs + 2 mids. What other team does that? Specially when one of your CMs is Arthur, who is clearly weak defensively (also useless offensively)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'm afraid it's a little bit more than unluck or Pirlo's learning curve. Defense has looked hopelessly fragile on counters against every (very weak) team faced so far.

It's about fit. We are playing 3CBs + 2 mids. What other team does that? Specially when one of your CMs is Arthur, who is clearly weak defensively (also useless offensively)
Not sure why everyone is saying we play with a back 3. Danilo was LB, Cuads was RB/RWB

In defence it's 4 at the back, in attack it's 3 at the back. Like any normal back 4 where one fullback pushes up while the other stays back.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Difference is we played well, we created lots of chances but we werent able to convert them, and teams with one shot on goal would get points from us. Right now is different, teams dominate us and create a lot of chances.
Last night 26 shots on goal (2 crossbars (Cuad, Dybala), 6 on target. Several great chances for Berna, Morata x2, Kulu, Dybala, etc. Besides a goal, that came from our mistake, what other great chance did Verona create? 6 shots in total, 2 on target. Possession 62:38. Doesnt look like we were dominated. At times they pressed well but once we would get past it, it looked like we could score every single time. They left acres of space between midfield and defense, which unfortunately we didnt take advantage of.

Does anyone recall our game against Frosinone several years back? Absolutely dreadful performance, then against Sassuolo when Buffon and Chiellini told everyone in the locker room after the match that we are playing like shit, etc... calma

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

good point, except arthur's defensive contribution: he actually had 5 tackles and 2 cleared balls, and won 6/6 duels. offensively, he offered basically nothing unfortunately.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004

My friend, maybe you forget that we have 1 win and 3 draws in the league. Let us not get wrapped up by the other victory that was given to us by forfeit - that is most certainly not a win. We have 1 win in the CL against a dreadful opponent.

All of the teams I have mentioned have achieved better results than us on the pitch so far this season.

I know there will be anomalies as you have pointed out, but the anomaly for us is the victory over samp...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)