Andrea Pirlo (66 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Passing is extremely poor. Sloppy as a -beep-. Our poor passing exposes our poor defense a lot more. Berna's poor pass today that lead to their goal was just one of many each game. Pirlo needs to make them find focus. Passes in general are always on feet, typically behind. Never in the space in front. Not just on counters or in attacking phases but in all phases. So many times a very simple pass 1-2 meter further forward would have opened so much space in defense to allow a counter or escape opposing pressure.

Pirlo is clearly not risk averse (as he states) but there's a difference between risk averse and proactive/risk-seeking. You can't just push everyone up to "own spaces". Even Pep and all other gegenpress/total football coaches set ups shapes to cover ("occupy") all relevant spaces. If the first press doesn't work the shape is there to ensure there's cover. We look like we just run headless and when it doesn't work there's acres of space between the 75 players pushing up and the 1-2 players left back. I understand it is Danilo's duty to cover that supposed space, but we need a shape and better cohesion. It's way too early to assign all these wrongs to Pirlo, I just hope he takes it seriously. He seems knowledgeable so I trust he will be able to take care of it over time. It's just annoying to see it right now, given we come from a year with no shape, no cohesion and so on, just relying on the brilliance of Dybala and Ronaldo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
4 games in a row we have started matches poorly.

I think the lineups haven't helped but maybe Pirlo's attitude to prematch fitness drills is an issue. He was the sort of player that didn't need them, that wasn't his style of game but maybe other types of player do.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
4 games in a row we have started matches poorly.

I think the lineups haven't helped but maybe Pirlo's attitude to prematch fitness drills is an issue. He was the sort of player that didn't need them, that wasn't his style of game but maybe other types of player do.
The guy who gave the players three days off training? Yeah I'd say so lol. Imagine Conte doing that...

But we'll see which approach works much deeper into the season. The worry for us is that we'll be too many points behind by the time we find some cohesion. We're going to have to pull some big wins against the top teams to stay in touch.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Pirlo: "We could have done better, we have to improve but I see that the team is growing, my idea of the game is taking shape, Arthur understanding what I want from him. Obviously the players have to get used to it, we often miss the last pass but I'm optimistic."

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Back 3 doesnt work bro. Especially with the set of defenders at your disposal.
Even Atlanta play back three but it took Gasperini four years to develop the system

- - - Updated - - -

Pirlo: "We could have done better, we have to improve but I see that the team is growing, my idea of the game is taking shape, Arthur understanding what I want from him. Obviously the players have to get used to it, we often miss the last pass but I'm optimistic."
Sideways passing from Arthur?

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
He wants Arthur to not get involved? weird.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Back 3 doesnt work bro. Especially with the set of defenders at your disposal.
I like a back 3 but ours really isn't working. There is far too much room down the side of it and just isn't solid in the middle.

I know we are aiming for a 4 at the back when defending but it just isn't playing out that way. Too often it is a stretched back 3 with gaps.

Maybe we need to start with the 4 as the basis rather than a 3 that moves into a 4. Looking at the squad it seems to suit a 4-4-2. I know we want to play this modern game that doesn't need formations and we may well get to that point but I think in the meantime we need to adjust things a bit to get some stability at the back.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Smiling.shocked.WTF-GIF.gif

tenor.gif

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think there was a definite improvement in the overall attacking performance today, but also lots of individual errors that caused us harm. As Alen said, some were from pressing (everyone presses now, suck it up) and some just mindless passing perhaps caused by the growing process.

The thing is, last year with Sarri we had some problems but we got a crazy amount of points even looking like shit, so it took pressure off. Now we're under pressure instantly because of dropped points.

As the commentator said toward the end, it doesn't take long for a small dip to become a large one and then before you know it people start talking about a crisis. Then all sorts of pressure comes into play. It's important to win games also not playing that well. Guardiola doesn't understand this at all, neither do some other hipster coaches, but I hope Pirlo with his background does understand it.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I like a back 3 but ours really isn't working. There is far too much room down the side of it and just isn't solid in the middle.

I know we are aiming for a 4 at the back when defending but it just isn't playing out that way. Too often it is a stretched back 3 with gaps.

Maybe we need to start with the 4 as the basis rather than 3 than moves into a 4. Looking at the squad it seems to suit a 4-4-2. I know we want to play this modern game that doesn't need formations and we may well get to that point but I think in the meantime we need to adjust things a bit to get some stability at the back.
I like back 3 too but ours isnt working. Once De Ligt is back no nonsense.
Tek
Cuads-Demiral-De Ligt-As
Alex Sandro might not be the best going forward but he is very solid defansively.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Tonight game it's difficult for me to tell because I feel that bar Demiral, Danilo and Morata... everyone was playing really bad, I'm particularly frustrated with Paulo and Ramsey because I'm expecting way more for them

I still trust in Pirlo, it's not an easy task he has. We basically changed our core with not time to prepare so.... let's see against Farca... I'm not worry about Serie A, we are so gonna win it, you'll see

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
Tonight game it's difficult for me to tell because I feel that bar Demiral, Danilo and Morata... everyone was playing really bad, I'm particularly frustrated with Paulo and Ramsey because I'm expecting way more for them

I still trust in Pirlo, it's not an easy task he has. We basically changed our core with not time to prepare so.... let's see against Farca... I'm not worry about Serie A, we are so gonna win it, you'll see
Now that you said this, I can die in peace :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)