Andrea Pirlo (75 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
We were down to 10 and continued trying to play and win.

We would have gone completely into our shells in those situations in previous seasons, particularly last season with Sarri.

It's an improvement but there's a long way to go.

Paolino

Nov 1, 2013
We can have a better view on Pirlo's team when Dybala, Sandro and Arthur back in starting eleven but already we can see some positive changes compared to Sariball.

Also we need a backup LWB like Gosens and a star RWB like Adama or even Cancelo. This style of play need 2 deadly wingbacks like Dani Alvez and Marcelo on their prime and our wingbacks are really sucks.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He said we play midfield players that are suited to a two man system. Not quite sure I understand that with Arthur and Bentancur. Ramsey yes, I see it.
For Bentancur is true, for Rabiot is true, Arthur is a regista or solid CM type, can work well in 2 man midfield (depends on his partner), like Pjanic worked, but better off flowing around in 3 man midfield for his passing game. And McKennie needs the mobility and freedom of b2b to get the best out of him, but holding mid role is what he has to setttle for to get his minutes. The one that gets the free role is Ramsey, and its working for him.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah, but liked I already said, he had nowhere close to the squad Pirlo has at his disposal, so it's a pointless comparison.
No it isnt. Ferrara didnt have the right players, but he did know what formation he wanted to play. He played 4-3-1-2 with Diego as trequartista. While Pirlo doesnt know what he’s doing. First game it was 3-5-2 and today even he dont know what formation he was playing. It was reported as 4-4-2, but it looked 3-5-2 with 3 players playing out of position. We cant compare Pirlo to experienced coaches.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Even Allegri struggled at the beginning of season 2015-2016. I hope Pirlo is not stubborn like Conte.
Will never forget that season :D

From memory (and this is 5 years ago...) we had two horrible losses where we looked like absolute shit against Udinese and Roma and then copped a last minute equaliser against Frosinone at home. I think our first win of that same season came against Man City in the CL at the Etihad stadium.

Aug 2, 2005
expect a couple of experiments like this.. he already said that we did not play friendlies,, and there was no chance to experiment things.
He still has to figure who will play, what formation, and who gel together.

What I did not like yesterday,,, that this Roma side, many times were able to get out of the pressing game we want to play,, esp with this who lose the ball is the first to press.. most looked like a headless chickens repeatedly.

Will take the positives here.. with all those changes,, we still managed to produce.
This game takes off one of the ideas he had,, but that did not work,,

expect more wild decisions from Pirlo... alla Allegri in 2016/2017 season till he came up with 4231 formation with Manzo/Dybi/cuad as the 3

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
expect a couple of experiments like this.. he already said that we did not play friendlies,, and there was no chance to experiment things.
He still has to figure who will play, what formation, and who gel together.

What I did not like yesterday,,, that this Roma side, many times were able to get out of the pressing game we want to play,, esp with this who lose the ball is the first to press.. most looked like a headless chickens repeatedly.

Will take the positives here.. with all those changes,, we still managed to produce.
This game takes off one of the ideas he had,, but that did not work,,

expect more wild decisions from Pirlo... alla Allegri in 2016/2017 season till he came up with 4231 formation with Manzo/Dybi/cuad as the 3

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk
I get it that he needs to find the best system, but you just dont play Cuadrado on the left, you just dont, im sorry but it doesnt work that way. You leave your most creative player on the position where he works best. If Cuadrado was 22 years old, i would have understood, but that move from Pirlo last night was ridiculous.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
We didn't address the issue of wing-backs so far in the Mercato and we're paying for it already. Or rather Pirlo is paying for it.

He might end up just as Allegri and Sarri because he didn't get the players he needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)