Andrea Pirlo (67 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i don't blame Morata, he flew into Italy a couple of days ago and has barely trained with the team.
Btw Dzeko missed two sitters. If Morata had missed those, mamma mia.
Yeah. Been in Italy for 2-3 days with new team and coach, new tactics. Imagine the reaction from these guys if Morata had missed those two chances Dzeko did. One might even say Dzeko’s massive choking stopped Roma from picking up all 3 points today. :boh:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah. Been in Italy for 2-3 days with new team and coach, new tactics. Imagine the reaction from these guys if Morata had missed those two chances Dzeko did. One might even say Dzeko’s massive choking stopped Roma from picking up all 3 points today. :boh:
Actually his play is what sparked that roma counter for the 2nd. Bruno peres and the rest of the defence is what choked

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
What im pissed the most about, is how Pirlo is trolling us. When he was asked in the pre-match interview about whether he is planning an overhaul lf the team when facing Roma compared to Sampdoria, he chuckled and said that there was absolutely no need for that. Then he goes on and does this crazy shit of playing Cuadrado on the LwB position, and putting Morata in after only being in with us for couple of days. I was disapointed by Pirlo this weekend.

Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
What im pissed the most about, is how Pirlo is trolling us. When he was asked in the pre-match interview about whether he is planning an overhaul lf the team when facing Roma compared to Sampdoria, he chuckled and said that there was absolutely no need for that. Then he goes on and does this crazy shit of playing Cuadrado on the LwB position, and putting Marotta in after only being in with us for couple of days. I was disapointed by Pirlo this weekend.
I think Pirlo himself will be disappointed by his decisions. His substitutions were on point though, so I'm sure he realized his mistake pretty soon.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
We showed glimpses of some good football but we didnt push forward enough, I think is fine to sometime kick the ball forward from goal kick rather than always starting from the back,with midfield pair of mckennie and rabiot,whom none are that good with first touches nor protecting the ball, doing this all the time can get us into bad situations often.

Also still saw too many going to the back when we were already nearly in the opposing half, too little early crosses or thru balls, which made our attack easily read. Imagine if Roma had better defenders and wing backs, they would have double the counters. We werent aggresive enough with pushing to their penalty area when we have players like Kulu Ramsey Morata and CR7.

I hope Pirlo sees the faults our players tend to do when already in the final third and fixes this,we could be scoring so many goals.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I genuinely don't think we'd have got a point in the same situation last season.

Encouraging that he adjusted things well in the second half, took far too many chances with the starting system though.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'm not sure why he keeps talking about us having midfielders that only fit a 2 man midfield. I want to see Bentacur, Arthur and Rabiot together.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
Football Italia

Andrea Pirlo admits the 2-2 draw with Roma was ‘a step back’ in terms of performance for Juventus, but ‘we are a work in progress’ and explains what didn’t quite work.
The coach changed one player from the 3-0 win over Sampdoria, Alvaro Morata for Gianluca Frabotta, but that resulted in a transformation of their tactics.
Cristiano Ronaldo twice got them back on level terms after Jordan Veretout goals, even though Adrien Rabiot was sent off for two bookable offences on the hour mark.
“We faced two completely different teams this season, so I knew our approach would be totally different to the one against Sampdoria,” Pirlo told Sky Sport Italia.
“It was a step back in terms of performance, but this is a work in progress and we haven’t had an opportunity to play pre-season friendlies to test these things out.
“It was ultimately a point gained, as we were a goal down twice and then down to 10 men, while we have some players like Arthur who haven’t really played for six months.
“We wanted to make the most of one-on-one situations, as we knew Roma would attack in numbers, but it didn’t go quite the way we hoped. It was always going to be tough against an organised team.

“We tried to keep the midfield lines tight to not allow space for the trequartista. At times it worked, at times it didn’t, but we are having to test all these situations during a match, seeing as we didn’t have pre-season friendlies.”
The way Pirlo sets out his players remains very fluid, with three at the back mutating into four, Aaron Ramsey in more of a free role, but always two in midfield.
“We have midfielders suited to a two-man system, so Bentancur, Arthur and Rabiot all have these characteristics and we have to put them in the condition to give their best.
“Unfortunately, these are all situations you can’t test out in training, it needs to be a match. Arthur needs time to adapt to Serie A and to our style of football, not to mention he’s not fully fit after so long out of action,” continued Pirlo.

“Bentancur played if anything too much last season, he ended the campaign exhausted and has been doing specific training work to get back into shape.
“We’re very glad to have Ronaldo, as he doesn’t just provide goals. He ran more when we went down to 10 men and that was a great help to his teammates.”
Dejan Kulusevski and Juan Cuadrado went wide this time around, but struggled to get genuine scoring opportunities.
“We knew it could be difficult down the wings, as Roma have very aggressive defenders. We should’ve spread them out more, but got the movements wrong and all went in the same direction, so that didn’t create the spaces we were looking for. These are areas where we can certainly improve.”

Pirlo was asked if Inter have more strength in depth than Juventus now they’ve brought in Achraf Hakimi, Arturo Vidal and Aleksandar Kolarov.
“I don’t know if it is better than ours, but it is certainly stronger than last season, as they brought in players of quality. I think it’ll be a battle to the very end. I told the lads substitutions would be important this evening, especially seeing what happened with Inter last night, and that was true.”

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I'm not sure why he keeps talking about us having midfielders that only fit a 2 man midfield. I want to see Bentacur, Arthur and Rabiot together.
I think because Bentancur and Rabiot are not really suited to being mezzalas. Neither of them contribute enough offensively for that role. I think he is right that both are more suited to midfield 2.

Jun 16, 2020
Football Italia

Andrea Pirlo admits the 2-2 draw with Roma was ‘a step back’ in terms of performance for Juventus, but ‘we are a work in progress’ and explains what didn’t quite work.
The coach changed one player from the 3-0 win over Sampdoria, Alvaro Morata for Gianluca Frabotta, but that resulted in a transformation of their tactics.
Cristiano Ronaldo twice got them back on level terms after Jordan Veretout goals, even though Adrien Rabiot was sent off for two bookable offences on the hour mark.
“We faced two completely different teams this season, so I knew our approach would be totally different to the one against Sampdoria,” Pirlo told Sky Sport Italia.
“It was a step back in terms of performance, but this is a work in progress and we haven’t had an opportunity to play pre-season friendlies to test these things out.
“It was ultimately a point gained, as we were a goal down twice and then down to 10 men, while we have some players like Arthur who haven’t really played for six months.
“We wanted to make the most of one-on-one situations, as we knew Roma would attack in numbers, but it didn’t go quite the way we hoped. It was always going to be tough against an organised team.

“We tried to keep the midfield lines tight to not allow space for the trequartista. At times it worked, at times it didn’t, but we are having to test all these situations during a match, seeing as we didn’t have pre-season friendlies.”
The way Pirlo sets out his players remains very fluid, with three at the back mutating into four, Aaron Ramsey in more of a free role, but always two in midfield.
“We have midfielders suited to a two-man system, so Bentancur, Arthur and Rabiot all have these characteristics and we have to put them in the condition to give their best.
“Unfortunately, these are all situations you can’t test out in training, it needs to be a match. Arthur needs time to adapt to Serie A and to our style of football, not to mention he’s not fully fit after so long out of action,” continued Pirlo.

“Bentancur played if anything too much last season, he ended the campaign exhausted and has been doing specific training work to get back into shape.
“We’re very glad to have Ronaldo, as he doesn’t just provide goals. He ran more when we went down to 10 men and that was a great help to his teammates.”
Dejan Kulusevski and Juan Cuadrado went wide this time around, but struggled to get genuine scoring opportunities.
“We knew it could be difficult down the wings, as Roma have very aggressive defenders. We should’ve spread them out more, but got the movements wrong and all went in the same direction, so that didn’t create the spaces we were looking for. These are areas where we can certainly improve.”

Pirlo was asked if Inter have more strength in depth than Juventus now they’ve brought in Achraf Hakimi, Arturo Vidal and Aleksandar Kolarov.
“I don’t know if it is better than ours, but it is certainly stronger than last season, as they brought in players of quality. I think it’ll be a battle to the very end. I told the lads substitutions would be important this evening, especially seeing what happened with Inter last night, and that was true.”
Clear and honest answers. Just don’t experiment with those wingbacks anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

I think because Bentancur and Rabiot are not really suited to being mezzalas. Neither of them contribute enough offensively for that role. I think he is right that both are more suited to midfield 2.
Its a shame that we had the wrong players in the wrong positions, together with underperforming McKennie, Morata and post-penalty Rabiot. Still I think we can play some nice direct football with 2 CM’s indeed.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
The huge blunder is not starting this so far off (playing 3 players off position to fit in Morata), but taking forever to correct them, and leaving Rabiot on when he was making 3-4 fouls in a row with a yellow. I hope he isnt a stubborn coach and can take away some well needed adjustments from it.

And keep it simple, absolutely moronic playing Cuadrado left side...
Fully agree. We know absolutely nothing about his behaviour in these situations, but the mistakes were big. And insisting in Cuadrado on the left till the end is a worrying signal.

Just hope he doesn't overcomplicate it

- - - Updated - - -

Dont need to overthink the things. He just need to make it simple. It`s won't make him a better coach if he play Buffon as left winger.
We started playing better once the players returned to their natural positions. Playing Cuadrado wing back, and Kulusevski as well doesnt make any sense.

He made tons of mistakes before the game even started, then he didn't sub off Rabiot and obviously didn`t change anything during the HT even though we really sucked.

On top of that Chiellini is way past his prime, and he should be nothing more than a back up once De LIgt returns from injury.
Don't know about the Chiellini part, but the rest is absolutely spot on.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I wont put the blame on Andrea for this draw but before we sign a quality/WC midfielder we won’t see good football in our colors. Another game where our midfield gets by passed easily and fails to create or score.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Football Italia

He was honest and direct. OK. Experiment with everything else, but just play left footed players as LWB, and right footed plays as RWB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 51)