Andrea Pirlo (38 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He fucked up our balance. If one wing back is offensive, then the other one has to be defensive, not Cuads and especially not Cuads on the left.
Its simple as this, this not 352 of Conte, this system requires one of our wing backs to convert into full back while defending, Sandro and Frabotta can do it on the left. MdS, Danilo and maybe Cuads can do it on the right, its simple as that.
I understand that this is not only his decision, as he has his analyst etc. who probably had a plan to dominate Roma, but it didnt work out at all. We were lucky Dzeko cant finish.
As mentioned above, we had only one friendly so mistakes can happen, but still, not seeing Rabiot red card was amateur for me, everyone could say he is on the verge of getting one, yet we wait with his change.

Also what has happened with our defense on the second goal? Seriously only Cuads at the back?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Some odd choices from Pirlo yesterday.
Morata was horrible, he looked on a completely different wavelength to the rest of the team as it’s clear 4 training sessions isn’t suffice to understand the system and what’s expected of him. Very strange to throw him in from the start.

Cuadrado at LWB was just a car crash, particularly when your third CB is Danilo, in our back 4 we had 1 player out of position and one in an unfamiliar hybrid role. Kulu at RM was ok but he needs to be in the attacking third to use his skill set and that was missing yesterday as he was too deep and wide.

Not subbing out Rabiot... that was madness, he went into a couple of challenges before his second yellow that were borderline so it was easy to see that red card coming. Not sure how Pirlo missed that or why he risked it - Rabiot wasn’t playing that well anyway.

Thank god for GOAT because without him we did absolutely nothing all game

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I don't know. I really really liked what I saw yesterday, Roma is a well-coached team, Fonseca is no fraud.
I agree, Roma looked good.

Doesnt change the fact that we looked really poor and unaligned. Had it not been for Dzekos off-day it wouldve been a deserved defeat. Thats not to say that there were no positives, but our fundamentals were off yesterday.

Sendt fra min CLT-L29 med Tapatalk

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I agree, Roma looked good.

Doesnt change the fact that we looked really poor and unaligned. Had it not been for Dzekos off-day it wouldve been a deserved defeat. Thats not to say that there were no positives, but our fundamentals were off yesterday.
You see, I don't agree with that. I thought that we looked really good, but stupid mistakes cost us. But team movement, ball movement, players not afraid to play – it's amazing how much Pirlo has done already.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I honestly think the man has balls of steel

He didn't actually care that we were playing Roma, he wanted to test things out before the mercato closes IMO

As long as he doesn't do it again

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
You see, I don't agree with that. I thought that we looked really good, but stupid mistakes cost us. But team movement, ball movement, players not afraid to play – it's amazing how much Pirlo has done already.
You have a case of the love goggles.

Roma dominated the midfield and our defence was left to fend for itself time and time again. Romas shitty finishing helped us save face imo.

Sendt fra min CLT-L29 med Tapatalk

Jun 16, 2020
I disagree. Based on what Pirlo said and what we’ve seen vs Sampdoria Pirlo highly rates 3 things: width, depth, off the ball movement. We basically lacked width and depth because Kulusevski and Cuadrado (both out of position) didn’t provided that, and we were very static as other players didn’t moved a lot. Especially Morata, but also Ramsey imo. It left our CM’s in a difficult position and that’s why we blame them for playing very bad. Also the defense had problems being good organized.

I forgive Pirlo as he’s a young manager and obviously wants to try things, but the blame is on him.

Positive things are that we looked superior to Roma on fitness levels. Even though we made 2 more subs, we were stronger and better at the last part of the match, playing with 10 men. Mentally we also showed power after conceding 2 stupid goals.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
You have a case of the love goggles.

Roma dominated the midfield and our defence was left to fend for itself time and time again. Romas shitty finishing helped us save face imo.
Maybe. I like what I saw, mistakes are bound to happen with a new coach in the second round without preseason against a good, schooled team. I was never worried we are going to lose though.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Hopefully that's the last game we see this inverted wingback experiment. Was a huge flop show and partly a reason why we couldn't win yesterday. We lacked any sort of width. If I'm correct, we had very few crosses into the box. And the times we did cross, we created scoring opportunities.

Cuadrado played like a headless chicken on the left, cutting in and doing nothing useful while Kulusevski on the right was absolutely wasted apart from being tightly marked from Spinazzola ofcourse. It's clear that he should be playing closer to the forwards than outwide as a wingback.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Hopefully that's the last game we see this inverted wingback experiment. Was a huge flop show and partly a reason why we couldn't win yesterday. We lacked any sort of width. If I'm correct, we had very few crosses into the box. And the times we did cross, we created scoring opportunities.

Cuadrado played like a headless chicken on the left, cutting in and doing nothing useful while Kulusevski on the right was absolutely wasted apart from being tightly marked from Spinazzola ofcourse. It's clear that he should be playing closer to the forwards than outwide as a wingback.
Only inverted wingback that works somehow is Spinazzola. Cuadrado and Kulusevski were deleted from the game because of these choices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)