Andrea Pirlo (142 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Well, we’ve all seen from his play in the pitch and his autobiography, that Pirlo is extremely self assured and he has balls.

He also has all the ingredients to be an incredible manager. But whether that translates over to coaching is a different matter. No-one should be pointing to Gary Neville in this case as he is worlds apart from Pirlo in terms of being a footballing ‘brain’.

Instead we should be looking at Cruijff. Someone rightly pointed out Cruijff was the only player to be given such a big job with no experience; and although it is the Dutch league and he had some real talent of future legends at his disposal, he still had to overcome a top Feyenoord team (that he had been playing for the year prior) that had just completed the double, and also had to contend with an upcoming PSV team.

It shows what can be done, and I guess Johan’s high praise about Pirlo in the past is really something to consider. I doubt Pirlo would walk into something he did not think he could do.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
One thing I'm hoping is Pirlo not giving in to his senior 'buddies' ' wishes.

I mean for example Chiellini is nearly done and considering De Ligt's lengthy layoff, I'd be hoping Demiral gets the nod and starts more games.

It remains to be seen if he'd end up being an authoritative figure or just another puppet controlled by the senior players/figures at the club.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Now I've had time to process I can't help but be really excited for the new season.

I think Agnelli is trying to recreate the enthusiasm and fresh ideas Conte brought in his first season though I personally think we had lightning in a bottle back then as we had one of the greatest mercatos in our clubs history.

Let's just give Pirlo young talented hungry players which meet his requiments and see how we get on.

Im hoping for some fast fluid football with some fight and aggression where the opponents fear us again though I do think the Scudetto could well end up at Inter unless they get rid of Conte.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
By the end of July the management knew that Sarri was a very bad fit for us. Probably they were impressed by Pirlo's ambition and decided to give him a chance. At least it looks like this. The decision was not from yesterday but at least two weeks ago.
I don't know if Pirlo was the plan all along. Seems kinda rushed.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
It's a lottery everytime a former player starts his managerial career but the list of managers Pirlo learned from is pretty assuring. Carlo Ancelotti, Max Allegri and Antonio Conte on club level. Giovanni Trapatoni and Marcello Lippi on national level.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I still feel that this is a raw deal for Pirlo as the management are throwing him into the deep end with mediocre tools.

This transfer season will be interesting and will point towards the management's commitment to change. There are so many broken things:
- Ageing squad (core of the team needs to be upgraded)
- High salaries (so many mediocre players on high salaries)
- Fitness issues (we can't seem to move into second gear and always looking tired for whatever reason)
- Injury issues (our butchers need to be banished)

Whatever system Pirlo is going to implement might require an overhaul. There is no money after the Sarri fiasco. All these constraints point to tough times ahead.

I really hope that Pirlo overcomes all these and gets going in the right direction but I won't be surprised if he finds it impossible to even get started.

I stand by him and hope for a miracle but realistically it might take a few years without winning anything to revamp and change the identity of Juventus. Whatever the case brace yourselves for a wild ride.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Hopefully you're a happy man now? At least Sarri is gone, right?

What are the expectations for Pirlo? The same measurements as for Allegri and Sarri?
We have won the Scudetto nine consecutive times. It all depends on what kind of squad we have next season, but the expectations are always to win. We must win everything domestically and reach the CL QFs (minimum). These have been the expectations we set for the past 3-4 seasons. Anything beyond that is a success I suppose, but if we fail to meet those standards, then failure is the operative word I'm afraid. Of course, circumstances and situations arise, but these are the expectations. Having said that, Pirlo is new to coaching and perhaps management will expect less, but the fans always demand victory.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
The main and only objective should be winning the freakin' CL. All clubs aspire to win that competition so why shouldn't we? FFS, we have not lifted it for 25 years. Fuck that shit.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
The stature meaning loosing to Lyon?
The club which signed Ronaldo to help them win the champions League I don't know what are we doing

- - - Updated - - -

The main and only objective should be winning the freakin' CL. All clubs aspire to win that competition so why shouldn't we? FFS, we have not lifted it for 25 years. Fuck that shit.
It is a cursed competition we lost seven champions League finals

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
That's why we fired Sarri, he said it's cursed for Juve. That kind of defeatism in him ain't for us.
If I weren't devastated by the elimination, from a moral point of view I would be very happy tonight. That's why I go to bed satisfied. We deserved to be in Lisbon. [Sarri]
Any manager would be sacked for such ridiculous comments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 138)