Andrea Pirlo (39 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I don't know if Pirlo was the plan all along. Seems kinda rushed.
I think it was planned by the end of July. Pirlo himself said that he doesn't want to coach youth teams and is looking for a senior team in April this year. Andrea Pirlo has ruled out a job with the Juventus Under-23 team And suddenly by the end of July he has changed his mind?

It was clear by that time that Sarri can't deal with our squad and he has zero chance to win the CL. Maybe they looked at other options but appointing Pirlo gives them an excuse to do whatever changes they want with our selection and set the expectations for next season a little bit lower.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I think it was planned by the end of July. Pirlo himself said that he doesn't want to coach youth teams and is looking for a senior team in April this year. Andrea Pirlo has ruled out a job with the Juventus Under-23 team And suddenly by the end of July he has changed his mind?

It was clear by that time that Sarri can't deal with our squad and he has zero chance to win the CL. Maybe they looked at other options but appointing Pirlo gives them an excuse to do whatever changes they want with our selection and set the expectations for next season a little bit lower.
Tell that to Ronaldo

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
We have won the Scudetto nine consecutive times. It all depends on what kind of squad we have next season, but the expectations are always to win. We must win everything domestically and reach the CL QFs (minimum). These have been the expectations we set for the past 3-4 seasons. Anything beyond that is a success I suppose, but if we fail to meet those standards, then failure is the operative word I'm afraid. Of course, circumstances and situations arise, but these are the expectations. Having said that, Pirlo is new to coaching and perhaps management will expect less, but the fans always demand victory.
Wow, that's very diplomatic, especially coming from you :p

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I still feel that this is a raw deal for Pirlo as the management are throwing him into the deep end with mediocre tools.

This transfer season will be interesting and will point towards the management's commitment to change. There are so many broken things:
- Ageing squad (core of the team needs to be upgraded)
- High salaries (so many mediocre players on high salaries)
- Fitness issues (we can't seem to move into second gear and always looking tired for whatever reason)
- Injury issues (our butchers need to be banished)

Whatever system Pirlo is going to implement might require an overhaul. There is no money after the Sarri fiasco. All these constraints point to tough times ahead.

I really hope that Pirlo overcomes all these and gets going in the right direction but I won't be surprised if he finds it impossible to even get started.

I stand by him and hope for a miracle but realistically it might take a few years without winning anything to revamp and change the identity of Juventus. Whatever the case brace yourselves for a wild ride.
I don't think the situation is as dire as you say it is. We really don't have a massive problem with the ageing squad like you said. Demiral, De Ligt, Romero, Rabiot, Arthur, Kulusevski, Pellegrini and Bentancur form a very youthful bunch, paired with Dybala, Ramsey, Costa, Berna and Sandro who are in their prime (in terms of age, not form...). Bar Ronaldo, Bonucci and Cuadrado, our starting XI is actually very youthful, and those three are all playing better than their younger counter-parts.

High salaries is a problem, but getting rid of some dead weight like Higuain, Khedira, Matuidi, Berna, Rugani, De Shitlio and maybe Ramsey would ease that problem very much.

We have a lot of quality players and they are all suited for Pirlos preferred 4-3-3 which the players are already familiar with. It could be that with just a couple of player additions, a change of attitude and a new tactical approach, we could start to get the best out of our existing players. I don't think we need a massive player overhaul; add in a regista like Tonali, sign some depth at full-back and maybe get a new striker to replace Higgy and we're good to go.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
That's why we fired Sarri, he said it's cursed for Juve. That kind of defeatism in him ain't for us.
Well to be frank, defeatism is in Juve’s DNA until CR7 arrived to show us how winning is done. Back then, Buffon Chiellini and co are just humble players who go into champions league final behaving like underdogs.

Since CR7 has joined, I hope he has opened these ‘senior’ players’ eyes to finally see how winning is done at a world class level.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Bitch please, I'm not always a brute :p

How are you btw? I am over sulking, but still irritated.
You're always reckless :p demanding heads to roll for months now :p (if not years XD)

I'm totally shocked, as everyone else is. I think that hiring Pirlo in the current situation is madness. One of my favorite players of all time being thrown under the bus ain't funny at all.
I used to be jelly of Milan having him as a player, then I couldn't be happier when he arrived, even if he did it so late in his career. Now as a coach I'm excited as fuck but also anxious because the task is very difficult. Here's hoping AA took over the wheel and he's going to support Pirlo properly. Otherwise we're tarnishing an image of a legend.
Fairy tales don't exist in real life and for every Zidane or Pep, you have dozens of Seedorfs Inzaghis or Gattusos. On the other hand I'd be willing to go through a rebuild phase as long as the club starts offloading the oldies for talented young guns. The squad is way overdue of being refreshed, we're not winning CL with this squad even if God himself sat on Juve's bench.

As for Sarri, I defended him for quite a bit of time but in the end there was nothing left to defend. I was disgusted with the season's ending, plus obviously the Lyon game. The worst of it all was that at some point it was totally visible the players wouldn't listen to him anymore, so anything he tried to do, wouldn't work. There was no point in going forward. I'm just surprised that the management kept him for so long if they saw the cracks between him and the squad earlier than we did (which I'm sure they did).

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I don't think the situation is as dire as you say it is. We really don't have a massive problem with the ageing squad like you said. Demiral, De Ligt, Romero, Rabiot, Arthur, Kulusevski, Pellegrini and Bentancur form a very youthful bunch, paired with Dybala, Ramsey, Costa, Berna and Sandro who are in their prime (in terms of age, not form...). Bar Ronaldo, Bonucci and Cuadrado, our starting XI is actually very youthful, and those three are all playing better than their younger counter-parts.

High salaries is a problem, but getting rid of some dead weight like Higuain, Khedira, Matuidi, Berna, Rugani, De Shitlio and maybe Ramsey would ease that problem very much.

We have a lot of quality players and they are all suited for Pirlos preferred 4-3-3 which the players are already familiar with. It could be that with just a couple of player additions, a change of attitude and a new tactical approach, we could start to get the best out of our existing players. I don't think we need a massive player overhaul; add in a regista like Tonali, sign some depth at full-back and maybe get a new striker to replace Higgy and we're good to go.
There will be a steep learning curve for most of the younger new players coming in. We have been very patient with De Ligt and Bentacur. It's extremely hard to hit the ground running for most young players being introduced to Juve.

Due to the covid-19 situation all teams are experiencing financial difficulties and unless we release all players with high salaries this will be hard to solve.

All in all I hope you are right. I am a touch pessimistic as I could see this coming when we fired Allegri for Sarri instead of trying to do the overhaul back then.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This one is for the fans. Agnelli gave us the passion to love the club again. At least I am.

I wanted him to be our coach for a long time but is this too soon? I want to belive that Agnelli will provide him with all the support he needs to success.
Well, he definitely got our attention with the Saturday Night Slaughter yesterday.

In any case, should next season fail, that season will be on Agnelli. This one on Tici & Nedved.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Well, he definitely got our attention with the Saturday Night Slaughter yesterday.

In any case, should next season fail, that season will be on Agnelli. This one on Tici & Nedved.
Juve management is the three of them together- ‘the Good, the Bad and the Ugly’

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juve management is the three of them together- ‘the Good, the Bad and the Ugly’
Which happened to be one of the best old Western's of all time. Wonderful movie.

Gutsy move from AA, though. Damn. No fucks given, he pulled from his holster and shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)

• Gian